^Jeter: We won the World Series

George: Yea, in SIX games
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: APC Box set coming in December

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:
the chill wrote:Yeah I am a little pissed I can't buy by and down as a single. I will get it with the box set I ordered but that is the live version and I don't think the box set comes with the studio version. I want to give you my money APC but not for the full album of songs I already have. Looks like I will have to download it someplace where I can't give you my money.
I think it's pretty likely when it does actually get released, you'll be able to buy just single tracks from Amazon, iTunes or whatever.
It's already been released. You can't buy it by itself.
Hey! Denty!
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

The remasters sound great. I wasn't too excited about paying for music I already owned but they sound great on my setup.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^ is there really a difference? I don't know if I could justify buying it even with better sounding songs. Maybe I will get it, it's only 7.99 on iTunes. I will most just find by and down on the internetz. I am stoned and very indecisive.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

http://www.spin.com/articles/a-perfect- ... ng-stream/

Such a good song ruined by Maynard. oh well..
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Ettan wrote:http://www.spin.com/articles/a-perfect- ... ng-stream/

Such a good song ruined by Maynard. oh well..
I love that song. I think it's one of their best. Like top 3 best yo. I've been waiting for a recording like this for days! :D
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

At times May Jay is buried by the music, but other than that he sounds good to me. Damn good cover/medley
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Ravenpig wrote:At times May Jay is buried by the music, but other than that he sounds good to me. Damn good cover/medley
compare it to this one.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea I heard that one a long long time ago. It's no secret that his voice sounded better back then.

Not as great doesn't equal bad.
Hey! Denty!
lukas
Geacon

FLAC files of Trifecta

Post by lukas »

Hello,

does anyone know if the band also intends to release their latest live recordings (Mer De Noms, Thirteenth Step, eMotive // LIVE) in an uncompressed format? Something like FLAC? I care a lot about quality and do not want to spend ~30 euros on MP3s :-/
The box set was sould out before I even noticed that it exists...
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

lukas wrote:Hello,

does anyone know if the band also intends to release their latest live recordings (Mer De Noms, Thirteenth Step, eMotive // LIVE) in an uncompressed format? Something like FLAC? I care a lot about quality and do not want to spend ~30 euros on MP3s :-/
Just listen to it on spotify (premium = higher quality). works like a charm.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

lukas wrote:Hello,

If it's not available as lossless, then just wait for someone to rip the release and upload it online somewhere. And by the mp3s if your conscience demands it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Just finished hearing Stone and Echo, sounds pretty damn good to me. Except for that set list ;)
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:If it's not available as lossless, then just wait for someone to rip the release and upload it online somewhere. And by the mp3s if your conscience demands it.
Agreed - If they don't release it in the standard formats, they are just shooting themselves in the foot. Clearly, it will be out there shortly after somebody gets it. It makes little sense not to provide the people willing to pay for it the ability to buy it in their preferred format.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Listen to Lets have a war from the Emotive live album. Josh is such a fucking beast compared to the new guy. What's his name btw?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ettan wrote:Listen to Lets have a war from the Emotive live album. Josh is such a fucking beast compared to the new guy. What's his name btw?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Friedl

And yeah. Hands down. Still like Friedl though.
Ki77aan :twisted:
jaimiej
Maynard Believer

Post by jaimiej »

Ettan wrote:Listen to Lets have a war from the Emotive live album. Josh is such a fucking beast compared to the new guy. What's his name btw?
Hmmm....I fail to see what exactly it is you're "comparing" considering Jeff has never played that song live.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nothing really wrong with Jeff's drumming. Josh is a freak though, and Jeff would probably be the first to say he's not in the same league.
gerbil
My pain is just an excuse

Post by gerbil »

hellboy wrote:Nothing really wrong with Jeff's drumming. Josh is a freak though, and Jeff would probably be the first to say he's not in the same league.
With all due respect to both drummers and yourself Jeff fucking owned those songs live and even added his own flair. Both of them awesome drummers and I don't think there's anything really useful about comparing songs they never played like Lets Have A War.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

gerbil wrote:
hellboy wrote:Nothing really wrong with Jeff's drumming. Josh is a freak though, and Jeff would probably be the first to say he's not in the same league.
With all due respect to both drummers and yourself Jeff fucking owned those songs live and even added his own flair. Both of them awesome drummers and I don't think there's anything really useful about comparing songs they never played like Lets Have A War.
You're right, if they haven't played both songs there's no point comparing. But compare say Judith for example and there is a difference...
jaimiej
Maynard Believer

Post by jaimiej »

Judith? What Judith are you listening to that Jeff played?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

jaimiej wrote:Judith? What Judith are you listening to that Jeff played?
Ok, I picked a track off the top of my head - I have no idea if Jeff has played it. Let's pick any of the songs that Jeff has played definitively....
jaimiej
Maynard Believer

Post by jaimiej »

That is my point, I think all of you are so convinced that Josh is superior you're writing off Jeff's ability before you even really listen. You had clearly written off Jeff's version of Judith without even hearing it.

I have a hard time believing that any of you would even be able to tell the difference between the two of them in a live track and I think that says something. If anything, the only differences I notice are things that Jeff improved.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

jaimiej wrote:That is my point, I think all of you are so convinced that Josh is superior you're writing off Jeff's ability before you even really listen. You had clearly written off Jeff's version of Judith without even hearing it.

I have a hard time believing that any of you would even be able to tell the difference between the two of them in a live track and I think that says something. If anything, the only differences I notice are things that Jeff improved.

I understand that is what your point is, but I disagree. Josh is a better drummer and it is noticable. Jeff is not a bad drummer though.