Billy Interview in Rolling Stone

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Billy Interview in Rolling Stone

Post by petemasterpete »

Interview

on new APC: “I hope to, but I know Maynard is in full Tool mode right now. They’re writing a new record, and I have given him some songs that maybe he’s going to look at, but I don’t know how he does with juggling those things at the same time. I’d like to get an APC record underway. But I don’t know – I’m just leaving it up to him and what his schedule allows. I’ll be there when he’s available.”

There you have it ... new tool in 2016!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Billy Interview in Rolling Stone

Post by Kittaan »

petemasterpete wrote: There you have it ... new tool in 2018!
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I wonder how Billy chooses between the music he gives may may and the music he uses himself for Ashes Divide
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

He has said he lets May Jay pick what he wants.
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Ravenpig wrote:He has said he lets May Jay pick what he wants.
Did he? Christ. This must've been the PrimeTime MJ. Bet he used to be handed tapes hand-over-dick, by friends eager to capture that sweet, sweet little-mans' throat & cords...
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Considering they only have 2 decent albums picking tracks for the greatest hits album would largely be a non-event.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:Considering they only have 2 decent albums picking tracks for the greatest hits album would largely be a non-event.
Exactly what I was thinking. Also, very premature for a Greatest Hits album… Unless it's completely over. As mentioned elsewhere, this was a contract thing.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

How much unreleased material do you think they have? Probably not an album's worth, huh.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:How much unreleased material do you think they have? Probably not an album's worth, huh.
I would have thought that if there were any worth releasing it would have been stuck on the greatest hits or in that box set.

On top of that, I expect anything Maynard rejected was probably used for Ashes Divide.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

petemasterpete wrote:Interview

on new APC: “I hope to, but I know Maynard is in full Tool mode right now. They’re writing a new record, and I have given him some songs that maybe he’s going to look at, but I don’t know how he does with juggling those things at the same time. I’d like to get an APC record underway. But I don’t know – I’m just leaving it up to him and what his schedule allows. I’ll be there when he’s available.”

There you have it ... new tool in 2016!

Well that's creepy. Billy be just a waiting. Anyone else get creep't out by Billy upon sight. ughhh like serial killer creepy
go taff!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

petemasterpete wrote: There you have it ... new tool in 2016!
Sad that even Pete's joke year prediction won't even come true...
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

:cry:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

3 year old thread gets bumped...
petemasterpete wrote: ... new tool in 2016!
Joke about potential release date is set years in the future for comedic effect....... falls flat when reality strikes.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

it is interesting to me how long it has taken for Billy to release anything new (unless there is some other project under the radar I am unaware of.) I understand that Maynard wants to currently spend his non-Tool musical energy on Puscifer, but Billy has been mentioning a new Ashes Divide record for a long time. It's already been eight years since the first one came out. I'm not sure if it is because he wants to keep the touring line-up that he had in the the past; Matt McJunkins and Jeff Friedl are very busy with other stuff. But Billy played everything on the record except for drumming, which Josh Freese did. The long gap in releasing his own music makes me think that Maynard's other occupations isn't the only reason APC isn't doing stuff, even though that is what that interview suggested. I dunno, maybe he'd rather engineer or whatever. Either way would be good to her new music from Billy if it ever comes out.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

There was an interview he did a few years ago where he said he re-designated most of the new Ashes Divide album as the (potential) new APC album...but I think he still said there would be a new Ashes record out by the end of 2014 or something, which never happened. I've wondered about the lineup too - Matt and Jeff both play in like 5 different bands.