Thoughts/Reviews on Box Set/Stone and Echo

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Thoughts/Reviews on Box Set/Stone and Echo

Post by M0G »

So I purchased the Live at Red Rocks album. I know this is going to shock most of you fuckers but I thought it was EXCELLENT. Sound quality is fantastic. Ole Jimmy sounds great. Glad Billy made some cash off all this. Damn shame Maynard wasted all these years on Puscifer when he could have churned out another APC album or two with Billy.
The most intelligent person on this forum
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

M0G wrote:So I purchased the Live at Red Rocks album. I know this is going to shock most of you fuckers but I thought it was EXCELLENT. Sound quality is fantastic. Ole Jimmy sounds great. Glad Billy made some cash off all this. Damn shame Maynard wasted all these years on Puscifer when he could have churned out another APC album or two with Billy.
I entirely agree with all of that ... welcome back, sweet cakes
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

CD is great. DVD is garbage. Too many filters and angle changes.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

They can eat a dick, $70.00:

@aperfectcircle: A Perfect Circle Live, available on Feb. 25: concert film Stone & Echo on DVD, as live releases of each album. http://t.co/EPDSfLaXSk

http://total-box-music.myshopify.com/pr ... -2010-2011
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Isn't that what was in the box set but for way less? Except I guess Billy and May Jay's signatures.

Id be pissed if I was one of the people more than $150 only to have it released again 4 months later at less than half the price.
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I think it's about the same. My biggest issue with it is that they aren't releasing the DVD seperately. (And it should be a in BRD format)
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

Bought the "limited edition" version last year. Happy to have that package compared to this package. Its still a cash grab though.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You're ok with the $150 one but the $70 one is a cash grab?
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I think the way they went about it was a fucking cash grab.

First they offer the LE bull shit for $150, and from everything I've read the packaging is garbage. This was meant for their fans (hah!) and were lead to believe this was the only way you were going to get a physical copy of all this stuff. Now they release it with a lower price (although it's still $70.00 for it) minus the autographs, etc. Next thing they're going to do ( probably 6 months down the road) is release physical copies of everything one by one.

IMHO that's done in very poor taste and is a slap in the face to those who didn't want to shell out $150 for that crap to begin with, but fealt that was the only way they were gonna get their hands on this. Also IMO it devalues the LE package.

The right way to do it (see Trent Reznor for suggestions please, APC) is release everything at once in different packages. Collectors are happy, people that want the whole thing but are budget minded are happy, and the casual fan that may only want one of the items (like the DVD) are happy.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'm pretty happy, love seeing suckers getting sucked.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

For the record I didn't buy any of this, heh. I do feel kind of bad for the people that legitimately thought the LE would be the only physical option though. Fans will be fans, and sometimes they gotta scrape for the extra few bucks to get something they wanted.

I had an iTunes gift card collecting dust so bought the Red Rocks video. Audio is great (as Mog already said), video is crappy. There are some shots that are really shaky and look like they took them off YouTube (the very beginning of it, for reference, where it's high atop the ampitheater). They used some shit, Instagram looking filters during parts for some unknown reason. And the editing is constantly switching angles/cameras- I wouldn't be shocked to hear some people threw up while watching it.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I think the three album night recordings are all great. Would really like to know if these are cobbled together from different shows on that tour (pretty sure they are) and which ones are from where. I was at the San Francisco shows. Would KILL for a copy of that Mel Gibson song they played after they left the stage.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Which nights in SF? I was there for the first 2. All I remember is the horrendous show tunes they tortured us with before the shows.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Whaaaaaat?! I loved the show tunes! Go figure haha.

I was there all three. It was amazing, despite making the trip to San Francisco alone.
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

I am almost positive the albums are in order from specific shows and not mashed together. Plenty of sloppiness on some of the songs, bad guitar playing, missed lyrics, etc, so I think if they were from all different shows they would have chosen the BEST and not allowed some cracks and mess ups on the albums. Just my 1/2 cent
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I still don't understand why they didn't use anything from 2000-2004, the 2010 tour was their worst (performance wise)
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ettan wrote:I still don't understand why they didn't use anything from 2000-2004, the 2010 tour was their worst (performance wise)
If it helps, they released live versions of most of Mer de Noms in various singles. They shouldn't be too hard to track down.

From memory at least these were released in that era:

Judith
Magdalena
3 Libras
Breña
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I'd love to hear more from this show.. Especially Pet, love that song

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh and they also have that MTV (2 I think) special they recorded during the NIN tour way back in the day.
Hey! Denty!
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

There is also a CD from 6/4/2000 in Phoenix which is a professional soundboard recording. Maymay even mentions that they are recording during the performance. Maymay is extremely talkative throughout the entire show and reveals what the songs are truly about. I believe this is when APC was opening for NIN.

Here is 3 libras from that show

I believe I have this album somewhere. I do own several APC importe and singles and all of them have various SBDs on thrm as well. I will see what I can do.

I am currently listening to 13th step live. Brings back fantastic memories when I saw them in 2003 and 2004 specifically
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Instead of Imagine, May May should have covered The Rainbow Connection.

Undebatable.