Emotive

Discuss Maynard and Billy's side project
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Emotive

Post by not tyson »

What the fuck was Maymay thinking releasing this?

How in the the fuckeduped heart of hearts did he think think this was a good idea?

Well my best guess they stupidly signed with Virgin for a 3 record deal plus a greatest hits.

During the time of his legal dealings during Zoo this means he's a fucktard of the highest order.

He wanted to get back to his better deal, Tool, but had to complete the transaction, I can't speculate on a time frame.

So he just decides what's popular among white young people right now, hating on Bush.

Bing bang bazingo, sing on a few popular protest songs, get Billy sing on the rest, add a remix cd and watch the cheques roll in.

IMO this is where Maymay dropped the ball creatively, he's never released a complete album on form since, sure there are a few gems, but dig in any hole you'll find something through all the fucking dirt.

This album was the death of Maymay.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Re: Emotive

Post by BlackHole83 »

It's pretty simple really. You don't like it, don't listen to it. Who gives a shit what he was thinking, it is his career, not yours why the hell do you give shit anyways? And just a FYI people have always been "hating" on the bush family for decades now because dad and son were piss port leaders, with only their own personal agendas. I Don't know why that's considered "popular" to you, it's common fuckin sense.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

BlackHole83 wrote:piss port
I think you meant 'piss poor', which btw, is exactly what Emotive is... a piss poor album compared to Maynard's other offerings.
Professor of Lesbian Science
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Emotive is by far my least favorite of the 3 APC albums. Other people like it.

Who cares? I think it's safe to say that Maynard, Billy and the rest of APC dug it enough to write, perform, record, release and promote it.

I am all for discussing OPINIONs... well supported opinions. But I find it pointless to try and shove your opinion down somebody else's throat. Counterproductive (because nobody likes being on the receiving end) and annoying at best.

By the way: I am still not sure if that was Tyson's rant, or a Copy/Paste rant from elsewhere. The Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome. Well, at least that's my opinion. 8`p
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Emotive wasnt good.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote:Emotive is by far my least favorite of the 3 APC albums. Other people like it.

Who cares? I think it's safe to say that Maynard, Billy and the rest of APC dug it enough to write, perform, record, release and promote it.

I am all for discussing OPINIONs... well supported opinions. But I find it pointless to try and shove your opinion down somebody else's throat. Counterproductive (because nobody likes being on the receiving end) and annoying at best.

By the way: I am still not sure if that was Tyson's rant, or a Copy/Paste rant from elsewhere. The Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome. Well, at least that's my opinion. 8`p
Either way it was a shitty post. Tyson is such a silly cunt. Motherfucker calls me out for being a one trick pony when he has been pulling the same exact shit for over a decade. If it wasn't a copy/paste job I imagine it was another drunken rant.

As for Emotive, it is not a good album, but I don't question Jimmy's motivations for releasing it. Clearly he and Billy liked what they did. There are some very shitty covers on there no doubt, but there are a few gems and Passive is a fantastic song. Anyone that says the original Tapeworm version is better is full of shit.

Where Emotive does shine is live. Listening to the Emotive tracks on the Red Rocks Live album I was highly impressed. The only cringe worthy song is People Are People.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:Clearly he and Billy liked what they did.
it was a cash grab
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
it was a cash grab
Na. The Opiate re-release was a cash grab. Touring AGAIN rather than releasing a new album is a cash grab. Emotive is a mostly shitty album but I think their intent was genuine. Particularly given how protective Billy is when it comes to his music. I have questioned Maynard's integrity many times. Billy, however, is a fairly solid dude and has never given me any reason to doubt his word.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
it was a cash grab
Na. The Opiate re-release was a cash grab. Touring AGAIN rather than releasing a new album is a cash grab. Emotive is a mostly shitty album but I think their intent was genuine. Particularly given how protective Billy is when it comes to his music. I have questioned Maynard's integrity many times. Billy, however, is a fairly solid dude and has never given me any reason to doubt his word.
youre right about Opiate and this tour for sure.... i just have my fingers crossed we get some new material live on this tour... or maybe an annoucement sometime soon about something... Give us the album name at least, admit that theyre working on something, even if the release date isnt for a year.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: youre right about Opiate and this tour for sure.... i just have my fingers crossed we get some new material live on this tour... or maybe an annoucement sometime soon about something... Give us the album name at least, admit that theyre working on something, even if the release date isnt for a year.
xZ calling out Tool? Maybe you are alright after all.

I am not really allowed in Tool related threads. Chaos typically ensues. Which is always good fun but Adolf Hellboi frowns upon fun. So I will simply say that I agree 100%.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote: youre right about Opiate and this tour for sure.... i just have my fingers crossed we get some new material live on this tour... or maybe an annoucement sometime soon about something... Give us the album name at least, admit that theyre working on something, even if the release date isnt for a year.
xZ calling out Tool? Maybe you are alright after all.

I am not really allowed in Tool related threads. Chaos typically ensues. Which is always good fun but Adolf Hellboi frowns upon fun. So I will simply say that I agree 100%.
i actually lol'ed reading your reply.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

M0G wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Emotive is by far my least favorite of the 3 APC albums. Other people like it.

Either way it was a shitty post. Tyson is such a silly cunt. Motherfucker calls me out for being a one trick pony when he has been pulling the same exact shit for over a decade. If it wasn't a copy/paste job I imagine it was another drunken rant.

As for Emotive, it is not a good album, but I don't question Jimmy's motivations for releasing it. Clearly he and Billy liked what they did. There are some very shitty covers on there no doubt, but there are a few gems and Passive is a fantastic song. Anyone that says the original Tapeworm version is better is full of shit.

Where Emotive does shine is live. Listening to the Emotive tracks on the Red Rocks Live album I was highly impressed. The only cringe worthy song is People Are People.
I think the problem with Emotive was the "shittyness" of the album versions of the songs . Because like you said those tracks live (completely exclude people are people) are pretty tasty. they should've toured it back when it dropped. Maybe would've got better reviews.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Baahumbug wrote:
I think the problem with Emotive was the "shittyness" of the album versions of the songs . Because like you said those tracks live (completely exclude people are people) are pretty tasty. they should've toured it back when it dropped. Maybe would've got better reviews.
I can't agree with that. When I saw them last year and they kept playing eMotive tracks all I could think was "are these guys deliberately destroying any integrity they have left?"
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Integrity?

Pshhhh that went out the window when they turned into A Puscifer Circle.
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

The only track I really liked off emotive was Imagine.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Passive and The Pet remix (I don't care what they say, it's a remix) are pretty bad ass. Everything else, meh.
Hey! Denty!
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

Ravenpig wrote:Passive and The Pet remix (I don't care what they say, it's a remix) are pretty bad ass. Everything else, meh.
Yeah I would have to agree with that, they are pretty sick remixes!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Well Passive is technically a cover of a song that was never released.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Is it a cover when you were the writer/performer of the original?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Good question. Don't know. I'd guess saying either original or cover can be wrong.
Hey! Denty!
Jool
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Jool »

I don't care what anyonE says. Let's Have a War is bad ass.
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

When the levee breaks stone and echo version is bad Ass
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

That tapewrom project was the biggest blue balls ever, they had pics of them in the studio ffs.

Trent's a cunt.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yep. It went from "they'll announce a release date any day now!" to "it's not happenning" like over night.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:Yep. It went from "they'll announce a release date any day now!" to "it's not happenning" like over night.
I'd laugh so hard if a certain band we know did that . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.