Puscifer - Money $hot discussion thread

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Puscifer - Money $hot discussion thread

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

the chill wrote:Hahaha^. Carina is such a great addition and even my wife has a crush on Carina. I work out of my car so I have listened to Money Shot probably 5 times already. I really like every song but if I could say one that's not my favorite is Life of Brian. MOG if you ever get a chance to see Pusicifer live you should. Just do it for Carina if you need to justify it.
Na fuck that. I despise Maynard far too much to actually spend money on a concert ticket.

Musically the album is pretty good, Marynard vocally is very good....but some of the lyrics are absurd. Particularly The Remedy. Maynard the grumpy gun toting republican on display in full force there. Pathetic. I have a remedy for that motherfucker, choke on a bottle of wine or a dick, whatever gets the job done.

The thing about Puscifer is I feel there is an excellent album in there somewhere mixed amongst all of the releases. I feel like if you took 3 or 4 songs from C is for, Conditions, and this album you could actually make one outstanding album. Nothing from V deserves a second listen other than the original Rev 22:20, which got nixed for that silly Dry Martini mix.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Am I the only one who thinks Maynard is taking the piss for the most part during Remedy? Not sure how seriously those lyrics are supposed to be taken...
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I think "The Remedy" is catchy, but a bit of a mess: I haven't been able to figure out who he might be addressing or the context of a back-and-forth dialogue (if that's what it is). If he is just pissing around, it went over my head.

As an aside, "Flippant" is a pretty cool track. I can understand why it was used as an iTunes exclusive, but still wish it had been included on the CD. It's a nice break in the album.
Last edited by nxrm on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Anyone have siris/xm radio? The Remedy seems to play almost every hour on Octane.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Maynard is taking the piss for the most part during Remedy? Not sure how seriously those lyrics are supposed to be taken...
They even use the "that means I'm talking down to you" cliche.

It's definitely not a serious song.
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I cant really think of a puscifier song that is meant to be taken too seriously. Its all just an outlet and a bit of fun for them all that happen to make some prettu decent tunes. At least thats my takenon them anyways
Listen to All Them Witches
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Still yet to hear this album. Might....do something about that in the next couple of days. Seeing that my hopes of a Salival II have all but been dashed...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Calfium Jay wrote:Still yet to hear this album. Might....do something about that in the next couple of days. Seeing that my hopes of a Salival II have all but been dashed...
Jokes on you, money shot is salival II
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

That it is. Track 4 - Simultaneous - on Money Shot, is on the money shot.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
arbutron
Maynard Believer

Post by arbutron »

Life of Brian is amazing and invokes thoughts of about far too many people who listen to virtually no other music besides Tool. These are the retards MJK was talking about, and there are many of them out there. Puscifer's catalog has surpassed Tool's for me. I pity the next person to refer to them as a side project. The Money Shot tour setlist is as good as any Tool setlist I've ever seen. If I made a list of MJK's best songs, less than half would be Tool songs at this point.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You know plenty of people who listen only to Tool? That's peculiar.
Hey! Denty!
arbutron
Maynard Believer

Post by arbutron »

Virtually (nearly, almost), yes. I don't think that is a stretch to believe for anyone who's known many music fans who are obsessive to the point of absurdity. Life of Brian reminds me of all of them.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:You know plenty of people who listen only to Tool? That's peculiar.
That was me for like a summer in high school.
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

arbutron wrote:Life of Brian is amazing and invokes thoughts of about far too many people who listen to virtually no other music besides Tool. These are the retards MJK was talking about, and there are many of them out there. Puscifer's catalog has surpassed Tool's for me. I pity the next person to refer to them as a side project. The Money Shot tour setlist is as good as any Tool setlist I've ever seen. If I made a list of MJK's best songs, less than half would be Tool songs at this point.
Synopsis of Life of Brian (for those who havent seen it)

Just replace Brian with Maynard.

"Brian Cohen is an average young Jewish man, but through a series of ridiculous events, he gains a reputation as the Messiah. When he's not dodging his followers or being scolded by his shrill mother, the hapless Brian has to contend with the pompous Pontius Pilate and acronym-obsessed members of a separatist movement. Rife with Monty Python's signature absurdity, the tale finds Brian's life paralleling Biblical lore, albeit with many more laughs."

"Maynard is an average musician and song writer, but through a series of ridiculous events, he gains a reputation as the Messiah. When he's not dodging his followers or being scolded by his fans, the hapless Maynard has to contend with the pompous tool fan base and acronym-obsessed members of a separatist movement. Rife with Monty Python's signature absurdity, the tale finds Brian's life paralleling Biblical lore, albeit with many more laughs."
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

New interview about Money shot
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm absolutely obsessed with The Remedy right now
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2

Post by fortysixand2 »

Maynard and Mat talk Puscifer and more on SiriusXM Octane (Ch. 37) Tuesday at 11 am eastern.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

[youtube][/youtube]

REMEDY MUSIC VIDEO
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

What are the odds that Smoke and Mirrors is about Adam. Hmmmm. Those who see and those soon to beware what your smoke was concealing. We believed you when you said we are all in this together but you lied you want the bigger piece of the praise.

Unlikely id guess. I think it's about the artist that fucked tool over. But ya never know
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Though I'm sure they're not each other's number one on their MySpace pages, I'd be really surprised if he had that much anger towards Adam.

That song is like THIS close to hate, after all.
Hey! Denty!
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

xZ1mM3r wrote:What are the odds that Smoke and Mirrors is about Adam. Hmmmm. Those who see and those soon to beware what your smoke was concealing. We believed you when you said we are all in this together but you lied you want the bigger piece of the praise.

Unlikely id guess. I think it's about the artist that fucked tool over. But ya never know
I thought this as well... whilst I agree it probably is not about Adam, the way MJK writes lyrics is just ambiguous enough for bits to make sense... that is his skill I suppose....

For what it is worth I bought the album about 2 weeks ago and have listened to it quite a few times, and I really like it. I gave it the stoned headphones treatment and I really got lost in the sound. I like Agostina, found myself singing it a few times....
Be good to each other.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I've had The Remedy stuck in my head for what seems like weeks. It's my favorite song on the album, but I hate it now.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm pretty much over my listening to it constantly phase (knocked out by the new Intronaut).

Final thoughts: tracks 2,4,6,7 are really good

1,3,5, 8 are ok

9 and 10 are booooring

Album is a 6.5 with an asterisk that May Jay is sounding really strong.
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Finally got around to listening to Money Shot Your Re-Load.

Enjoyed it quite a bit.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:Finally got around to listening to Money Shot Your Re-Load.

Enjoyed it quite a bit.
Not sure I've listened to this. Might take a listen today.