Donkey Punch The Night

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Leaked to the interwebs a few hours ago.  Listening now.  Finding the Bohemian Rhapsody cover to be a little cringe-worthy (which is no huge surprise).
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

If you can't hit the notes you shouldn't cover the song, this sounds like a pub cover band
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Didn't sound like he had too many problems hitting notes, just didn't like the way he sung the song in most parts.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I think of myself as quite internet-savvy, but for some reason I'm having the worst time finding a leak of the EP.

I guess I'll just try again tomorrow. Two original songs and two covers isn't exactly making me froth at the mouth.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said
Leaked to the interwebs a few hours ago.  Listening now.  Finding the Bohemian Rhapsody cover to be a little cringe-worthy (which is no huge surprise).

considering the original is vastly over-rated... I'll concur without having listened yet
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said
I think of myself as quite internet-savvy, but for some reason I'm having the worst time finding a leak of the EP.

I got it from what.cd

I guess I'll just try again tomorrow. Two original songs and two covers isn't exactly making me froth at the mouth.

I agree, but I saw it had leaked so thought I'd check it out.  Having listened to the whole thing I can say that it's ok at best - the new tracks are alright (especially Breathe).  None of the remixes seem especially interesting.  Only for Puscifer die hards I guess.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

"Bohemian Rhapsody" is such a passionate song by nature that my first impression on this particular cover is that it doesn't convey that passion as it should.  It should be about more than 'hitting the notes' correctly, yes; and when performing another artists work, the artist covering the song should try to give respect to the emotion the songwriter meant to convey.  I'm afraid this one is a swing and a miss.  Audio, I hear no bottom at all; John Deacon's bass on the original is, although delicate, still oh so heavy on tone and fills the spaces between the piano drums and vocal, as it should.

Puscifer could have done a better job, in this writer's opinion.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

cheeseballs said
"Bohemian Rhapsody" is such a passionate song by nature that my first impression on this particular cover is that it doesn't convey that passion as it should.  It should be about more than 'hitting the notes' correctly, yes; and when performing another artists work, the artist covering the song should try to give respect to the emotion the songwriter meant to convey.  I'm afraid this one is a swing and a miss.  Audio, I hear no bottom at all; John Deacon's bass on the original is, although delicate, still oh so heavy on tone and fills the spaces between the piano drums and vocal, as it should.

I'm gonna need to see some credentials.

Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

petemasterpete said

hellboy1975 said

considering the original is vastly over-rated... I'll concur without having listened yet

You shut your whore mouth

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

UndKeineEier said

cheeseballs said

I'm gonna need to see some credentials.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

petemasterpete said

hellboy1975 said

yes, yes, of course....we wouldn't want to listen to anything with a vocalist who is actually in tune now would we, no, no....
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

'Bohemian Rhapsody'?? Really?? points to em for having the balls, but some songs should probably be just left alone.. Might have to check the ep out before they get to Aus next month..

Anyone here seen Puscifer before? I wound up getting a ticket to their show in Sydney.. Any feedback on their live show?
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

It is wonderful.  Do not go expecting TooL or APC b/c it is nothing like that.  Definitely more intimate.  I've seen him live a few times and love it every time.
Busty McCracken

Cheers.. Definitely not expecting anything remotely like APC or Tool.. The gig clashes with Tomahawk side show but figured seeing as I've seen them a few times & will see them again at Soundwave, I'd give Puscifer a go. Expecting to walk out either blown away or fairly meh. Intrigued to find out which emotion it will be.. 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Busty McCracken said
'Bohemian Rhapsody'?? Really?? points to em for having the balls, but some songs should probably be just left alone.. Might have to check the ep out before they get to Aus next month..

Anyone here seen Puscifer before? I wound up getting a ticket to their show in Sydney.. Any feedback on their live show?

That was my first thought, too. Another reason why I'll be nervously approaching this EP.

Speaking of EPs, I thought that the "C IS FOR . . ." EP was one of the best things I've ever heard. I find myself playing that more than any other PUSCIFER release.

Oh, and who said "Rhapsody" is over-rated. Get the fuck out. You have absolutely no taste.
Busty McCracken

Live version of Momma said on that EP is pretty bloody spesh.. Condiition's of my parole is still the most consistent for mine though..
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Busty McCracken said
Live version of Momma said on that EP is pretty bloody spesh.. Condiition's of my parole is still the most consistent for mine though..

I've been listening to that with disturbing regularity recently while playing "SKYRIM", and you're right in one way - it's consistent. Consistently -very good-, with very brief moments of amazing.

"V IS FOR VAGINA" is still their best LP by far. Fuckin' classic. Every track (pretty much) is killer.

EDIT: Still can't find "DONKEY PUNCH . . ." - not going to cry. Like I said, I'm mildly interested. I'll wait for it to hit the usual places . . .
Busty McCracken

Where as I think V is for is absolutely terrible.. Go figure..
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Busty McCracken said
Where as I think V is for is absolutely terrible.. Go figure..

And that, my friend, is what we call a "difference of opinion".

Keep fighting the good fight!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Bohemian Rhapsody?  Yawn, wake me when they cover a good song.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

crow011 said

EDIT: Still can't find "DONKEY PUNCH . . ." - not going to cry. Like I said, I'm mildly interested. I'll wait for it to hit the usual places . . .

Check PMs
Ki77aan :twisted:
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I would love a link to download too =D.  I've already pre-ordered, because im a sheep like that.   I would like to listen to it tonight if at all possible.  I looked into what.cd but it looks like you have to be invited to enjoy that site.   can anyone invite me?

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Handled.

So, listened to the leak... underwhelming.  For how good they are live, this is actually pathetic.  I'm really glad I decided to go see for myself.  And I'd go see them again live, but I can't see buying any Puscifer as I won't be giving this another listen.
Ki77aan :twisted:
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I love it. Better than conditions. It has an edgier feel to it, similar to songs like The Mission, Revelation 22, and The Undertaker (Renholder remix). The cover of BR is good. Straightforward, hits the notes, don't really see anything to complain about, though the original is better still. Breath, Balls to the Wall (Pillow fight) and Dear Brother are all interesting songs.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete