Donkey Punch The Night

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 said
Something I noticed... The pre-order at puscifer.com says there are 7 tracks and amazon.com has 7 tracks as well but the leak has 8. I wonder if he decided to drop the last track, "Bohemian Rhapsody (Sonoio rework)?"

Reading the Spin interview, it seems the remix of Bohemian Rhapsody was poo-pooed by the copyright holders.  Shame, as it was one of the best tracks on the EP imo.
ThatGuy
Bronco's Fan

Post by ThatGuy »

I really believe at this point that Maynard has a real grudge against Tool fans. He says this in a small to spite us and to consistantly voice his general lack of interest in Tool. It's not like we as fans should take it personally because I can't really imageine how obnoxious the constant questions and interviews must be, but really he seems to go out of his way to either avoid Tool questions or answer them in a way that would disappoint. Now, he just said that no songs have been written and only ideas have been bounced around. This completely contradicts what Adam, Danny, and Justin have said. Especially Danny who just said they have jammed out a handful of songs and probably need vocals. So i guess there is truth that without Maynard's artistic input with lyrics they arent officially written. UGHGGHHGHHHHH. Fuckin Troll.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

ThatGuy said
I really believe at this point that Maynard has a real grudge against Tool fans. He says this in a small to spite us and to consistantly voice his general lack of interest in Tool. It's not like we as fans should take it personally because I can't really imageine how obnoxious the constant questions and interviews must be, but really he seems to go out of his way to either avoid Tool questions or answer them in a way that would disappoint. Now, he just said that no songs have been written and only ideas have been bounced around. This completely contradicts what Adam, Danny, and Justin have said. Especially Danny who just said they have jammed out a handful of songs and probably need vocals. So i guess there is truth that without Maynard's artistic input with lyrics they arent officially written. UGHGGHHGHHHHH. Fuckin Troll.

^ Yup Maynard is a douche.

Donkey punch sucks.  How in the fuck can the same guy put out C is For, which is a great EP, and then put out this shit?  Polar Bear, The Humbling River, Potions...all fucking awesome.

More relevant...how in the fuck can the same guy that sang Eulogy put out this shit?  I mean the work Maynard has done with Tool is incredible.  How do you go from Tool and excellence to singing bullshit covers?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

OK, I'VE FINALLY GOT WHAT HAS PISSED ME OFF ABOUT "Breathe".

Play the bass line at the beginning again.

"All around me are familiar faces Worn out places, worn out faces Bright and early for the daily races Going nowhere, going nowhere"

Yeah?

Ruined.

"No tomorrow, no tomorr-ow-ow".
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said

ThatGuy said

^ Yup Maynard is a douche.

Donkey punch sucks.  How in the fuck can the same guy put out C is For, which is a great EP, and then put out this shit?  Polar Bear, The Humbling River, Potions...all fucking awesome.

More relevant...how in the fuck can the same guy that sang Eulogy put out this shit?  I mean the work Maynard has done with Tool is incredible.  How do you go from Tool and excellence to singing bullshit covers?

Mate, I'll suck your dick, but well said.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

uhhh....I thought I was freaky
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I won't make a new thread because I'm sure HB will make a main page one, but Puscifer just announced a C.O.M.P. remix album.

http://www.theprp.com/2013/06/03/news/p ... -mixed-up/

Before anyone gets over emotional, all the remixes are done by people other than May Jay, thus having 0 effect on the progress (or lack of progress) on the Tool album.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Donkey Punch The Night

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:I won't make a new thread because I'm sure HB will make a main page one, but Puscifer just announced a C.O.M.P. remix album.

http://www.theprp.com/2013/06/03/news/p ... -mixed-up/

Before anyone gets over emotional, all the remixes are done by people other than May Jay, thus having 0 effect on the progress (or lack of progress) on the Tool album.
bumping this old ass thread to say that the remix album sucked lol
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

No surprise there. The first one was a barrel with half ice cream and half shit.

So all shit.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:No surprise there. The first one was a barrel with half ice cream and half shit.

So all shit.
the original COMP was a really good album in my opinion
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I meant the first remix album.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:I meant the first remix album.
Nearly all of the remixes have left me cold. And most of the original studio shit as well. The only Puscifer I like is LIVE.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Remix albums in general suck
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Remix albums in general suck
Totally. Exception being most NIN remix albums (leave me alone).
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:
I agree, but only up to Things Falling Apart. After that, nope.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:
The Boss wrote:
I agree, but only up to Things Falling Apart. After that, nope.
Actually, I've never listened to any NIN remix album after that one.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You aren't missing anything.
Hey! Denty!
HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Post by HarrySeaward »

Ravenpig wrote:You aren't missing anything.
Year Zero Remixed is really great.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Kanaduh wrote:we raise a heavy glass to you
heavy is my heart this day

farewell dear friend...
farewell dear brother...

I know not many of you share this opinion, but this is a fantastic song. especially if you saw/experience Uncles Scratches Gospel Revival - whom this song is dedicated to.

kind of like a puscifer-style "fun" version of wings for marie eulogy

RIP Brother Ed Willie.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

The Boss wrote:
I will not leave you alone because you are 100% correct. Reznor is all kinds of talented. Puscifer sucks donkey balls, pardon the pun, save for a handful of decent tracks. Tool fans can't seem to realize that Maynard is a shitty song writer. Billy wrote the majority of APC, Justin, Danny, and Adam write all the music for Tool. Maynard can sing and write lyrics, but in terms of composition he mostly sucks.
The most intelligent person on this forum
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

M0G wrote:
The Boss wrote:
I will not leave you alone because you are 100% correct. Reznor is all kinds of talented. Puscifer sucks donkey balls, pardon the pun, save for a handful of decent tracks. Tool fans can't seem to realize that Maynard is a shitty song writer. Billy wrote the majority of APC, Justin, Danny, and Adam write all the music for Tool. Maynard can sing and write lyrics, but in terms of composition he mostly sucks.
Hmmm. Not sure I'd say he straight-up sucks, but there is an element of simplicity that can be confused for a lack of ideas.

I think he's the biggest cock in the industry, but I'm almost 100% pleased with every music project he has a go at.

His writing is where he is found wanting. Remember that column he used to write? What unmitigated garbage.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

The Boss wrote:
Hmmm. Not sure I'd say he straight-up sucks, but there is an element of simplicity that can be confused for a lack of ideas.

I think he's the biggest cock in the industry, but I'm almost 100% pleased with every music project he has a go at.

His writing is where he is found wanting. Remember that column he used to write? What unmitigated garbage.
Yeah that column was fucking terrible.

You seriously liked V is for Tyson? That album was terrible. The C is for Cheeser album had two suberb tracks in Polar Bear and The Humbling River. Conditions was a mixed bag. A few excellent songs, a lot of meh and a few absolutely horrible songs. Just a bunch of weak sauce.

I am glad I got to hear the guy sing back during the APC Mer de Noms / Tool Lateralus period. Now he has withered into a shell of his former shelf, only being able to sing a limited number of songs. Worse part is he blames it on age but that is bullshit. You drink wine every day of your life it is going to fuck with your vocal chords. Of course if he wasn't a pretentious cunt, he could work with a vocal coach like Roger Waters did before he started his big Wall tour. Waters voice improved dramatically after actually investing the time to retrain it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
The Boss wrote:
these points seem to conflict with each other?... one second you say hes a shitty writer, then you say he doesn't make Tools music, well no shit, he doesn't play an instrument. Then you wrap it all up by saying that he can "sing and write lyrics" ....

sounds like hes doing EXACTLY what a singer of a band should do... sing the lyrics he writes... no one ever claimed he made the "music" for Tool.

Im starting to sound like im defending The Nard, but you just keep being nonsensical.

and as far as his actually lyrics writing goes, i think he is damn good. Lets just say, i havent heard a Tool song and thought "damn if only these lyrics didnt suck"
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
and as far as his actually lyrics writing goes, i think he is damn good. Lets just say, i havent heard a Tool song and thought "damn if only these lyrics didnt suck"
Right in Two. The Pot. Rosetta Stoned. Thankfully Rosetta is a brilliant piece of music which offsets the shit lyrics. Danny shines on Right in Two but Adam is kind of weak. The Pot...well, let's not even bring that piece of shit up. They really should just replace Maynard and let him focus on Puscifer...you know he wants to. Puscifer and shitty wine.