Puscifer Gig Reviews

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

from what I just read, and I know I wasn't there to see/speak for myself, I'm damn glad I gave this a pass and took the tomahawk tix:

Puscifer: Brisbane Sideshow

"If you pay over $80 for a gig and then talk through it I’ll never understand you".
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

"They don’t do their version of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ from the same EP though, which is kind of a shame. On the EP it’s so close to the original as to be redundant, but live I can imagine it making people go nuts in a way they haven’t so far."

LOL.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Sprout
Bronco's Fan

Post by Sprout »

We left after 5 songs it was shit.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I heard from a guy who went to Brisbane who thoroughly enjoyed the show, however considering it was a relatively short length show, and there was no support questioned the value at $80.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

petemasterpete said
from what I just read, and I know I wasn't there to see/speak for myself, I'm damn glad I gave this a pass and took the tomahawk tix:

Puscifer: Brisbane Sideshow

"If you pay over $80 for a gig and then talk through it I’ll never understand you".

This is kinda what happened at the show I went to last year.  They didn't talk through the songs but they talked and cheered through the videos that played between songs.  And those videos were like 2 or 3 minutes long and usually started playing after a brief period for applause.  So people were like clapping cheering for like 3 or 4 minutes straight over the video that was part of the show.  I barely heard anything that was said in one of those clips.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

when are we going to get rid of 'fests?!"

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm ok with "fests".  I never would've saw Eddie Money without em.
Hey! Denty!
jujano
Maynard Believer

Post by jujano »

personally i enjoyed the Puscifer show apart from the intro video that seemed to drag on forever... APC next day at Soundwave was shit, terribly dissapointing.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said
I'm ok with "fests".  I never would've saw Eddie Money without em.

"Gimme Some Water," said the man with Two Tickets To Paradise.  "I Think I'm In Love," said the whore attached at his hip, there solely for the cocaine.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

little nervous after reading these reviews...have been looking forward to this Puscifer show for a couple of months now! Oh well, will be good to check em out and make up my own mind. Hopefully they crank it up to 11, there is nothing worse than a show that isn't LOUD enough, I mean FFS these guys are meant to be professionals.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

After two huge days of music, it's nice to look back to Thursday night as Puscifer was by far the best. I can now see why Maynard would rather pour most of his efforts into this project over APC or Tool. It was so entertaining, there wasn't a dull moment, and everyone on stage was having a great time. From what I could see, they were having more fun than most of the people in the crowd, which I gotta say was a little flat. The only thing which was a little off was the opening 'doco' which was played before they got on stage - it was about 5 mins too long. I did enjoy seeing some cuts from their western show, but would rather just wait for the dvd (yeah right) so I can watch it at home...I didn't buy a ticket to a live show to watch a movie. But once they got underway with their 'vagina airlines' set up, it was all action.

Maynard chucked me a pack of peanuts which I thought was pretty cool, until about 10 minutes later Carina just showered the first 10 rows with a couple of boxes of them...still was nice souvenir.

Here's the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/puscifer/ ... b09d9.html

Slightly different from the previous shows, the new songs sounded great live (breathe in particular) but dozo, momma sed and the undertaker where the highlights for me. Just to confirm most people's comments after attending a Puscifer show; yes they sound 100x better live and if you get a chance to catch a live show, don't miss out.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Glad you had a good time!  The live show is just stunning.  

We had such a blast at the last one in Atlanta. The venue was 10 minutes away from office.  Getting tickets was easy and we got 6th row.  The first 5 were reserved for VIP (wine tasting).  We had a lovely gathering at our house prior to the show and then caravanned to the venue.  We had all experienced Puscifer before so we were rocking out from the first song on after he did his monologue.  It was soo weird b/c the left half of the audience sat while our half rocked out!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

The misses had only good things to say about the show also, apart from the typical "we're melbourne, so we'll sit on our hands 'til you us something" attitude that we've come all too accustomed to at gigs here.  Not all people at all shows, but I've never experienced anything like it, ever, in any other city I've been to...

Basically said "the only reason I'm not gonna give you the shits for not going was because you picked Patton instead and that's entirely understandable, love"

Setlist looked pretty wicked and from what I heard, the re-worked variations of tracks were well done.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

28 Feb 2013 - Melbourne - Palais Theatre
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

fortysixand2 said

thanx... the mrs. will love this
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

petemasterpete said

fortysixand2 said

thanx... the mrs. will love this

Thanks for that!
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Just to confirm that wasn't a video of the show? I'm a little behind the times and after downloading it I could only play the audio...cheers
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Yes, audio only.