Cinquanta - Puscifer, APC and Failure (MJK's 50th BDay)

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
fortysixand2

Cinquanta - Puscifer, APC and Failure (MJK's 50th BDay)

Post by fortysixand2 »

Puscifer, A Perfect Circle and Failure plus Special Guests celebrate MJKeenan 's 50th Birthday on May 10 at The Greek Theatre. Tickets for the special evening, known as Cinquanta, are on-sale this Friday, Dec. 6 at 10 am pacific. VIP packages on-sale Dec. 5 at 10 am via cinquanta.frontgatetickets.com
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

APC / PUSCIFER May 10 2014 Greek Theatre

Post by Ettan »

NEWSFLASH* Puscifer / APC and Failure will play at the Greek Theatre May 10 next year.. Image
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Cinquanta - Puscifer, APC and Failure

Post by Kittaan »

It's worth noting that this is the Greek in LA, as there are several Greek Theaters. And I'm bummed it's not the Greek in Berkeley, but not surprised.

Very interesting.
Puscifer, A Perfect Circle And Failure To Perform At Maynard James Keenan’s 50th Birthday Bash
12.3.13 at 8:18am Posted by wookubus

Puscifer, A Perfect Circle and Failure will perform at a special show dubbed ‘Cinquanta‘ which will celebrate the 50th birthday of Maynard James Keenan. That event will take place at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on May 10th with Keenan himself stating:
“Making it to the half century mark can be equal parts daunting and relieving. I figured I would remove the sting of officially being referred to as ‘Gramps’ by throwing a party and outlasting all of my rude friends.”

Keenan is said to have personally asked Failure to perform at the event—which thus far will mark their second reunion show. Of that Keenan said:
“This was the perfect opportunity to tick off one of my bucket list items in the form of a Failure reunion. What better birthday present could one ever hope for?”

Tickets for the birthday show will go on sale this Friday, December 06th at 10am PST. A VIP package with special seating and commemorative items will be made available a day prior, launching at 10am PST on December 05th at this location. http://www.frontgatetickets.com/portal
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Re: Cinquanta - Puscifer, APC and Failure

Post by Ettan »

I pray to god apc won't play the cover setlist, not again..
MOG
Scissorman

Re: Cinquanta - Puscifer, APC and Failure (MJK's 50th BDay)

Post by MOG »

Shocker TOOL is not involved in the 50th BDay party. Once again shows where Tool is on Jimmy's priority list. Notice the date as well, May 10th. Good luck with that #Tool2014 thing.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Wait a minute .. This isn't even Maynards birthday. THIS IS DANNYS BIRTHDAY. Maynards birthday is April 17. so they're celebrating may jays birthday on Dannys actual birthday, and no Tool? this makes no sense. just why not tool? and why the fuck is Puscifer headlining this?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ettan wrote:Wait a minute .. This isn't even Maynards birthday. THIS IS DANNYS BIRTHDAY. Maynards birthday is April 17. so they're celebrating may jays birthday on Dannys actual birthday, and no Tool? this makes no sense. just why not tool? and why the fuck is Puscifer headlining this?
Dude, you are right. Good catch. That is very strange.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Based purely on the date, this is the first non-Tool thing he's done that has made me go "what the fuck?" I'm not a huge birthday guy but I'd be bothered if one of my friends threw a big bash for himself when his actual bday was almost a month before.

Unless there's something to the "and special guests" part...

Other than that I don't see how one non Tool date kills all hope for a 2014 release.

And Puscifer is headlining because its his party and he'll headline if he wants to (I suspect Failure is actually playing last, by the way)
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I imagine he's gonna be one spent little old focker after performing with two bands in one night. He better go light on the vino until after the performance.

I am very curious about the dates thing. We'll likely get no explanation, but Blair will probably make some cryptic reference to it in a Newsletter, further confusing the issue. That's their MO after all.

Also agree that this isn't a death knell for a 2014 Tool release. However, I'm still counting on 2016, just so I'm not disappointed again.

*Lowered Expectaaaaations.*

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm not sure the Tool live experience is an especially joyful one for Maynard, so there's no real surprise that Tool aren't playing this show. The acts that he's chosen are one's he has almost full control over, whereas if he'd stuck Tool into the equation, they'd either have to pick a larger venue, or the "ordinary" person wopuld have virtually no chance of getting a ticket. Not to mention the Greek Theatre I'm presuming isn't really big enough to deal with their full stage show.

What I find more interesting is that Puscifer seem to be top of the bill.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I've seen many shows there. The stage of the Greek in LA is plenty big for Tool's stage setup, but yeah, Tool would sell out even quicker than this bill will. But this will sell out fast regardless.

Seating capacity = 5,801 seats.
Stage dimensions = 61 feet wide by 46 feet deep.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

That looks like a sick place! My wife and I are for sure going. I am sure we will buy the VIP tickets. We did the VIP with Puscifer once and APC once and the seats couldn't have been better and sound check was fun. Sure it was $300 for the both of us but that guaranteed close seats (2nd row isle seat for APC) and gets you a poster for the show and other junk schwag so I think $300 is worth it. Seriously hoping Tool will get that album done though
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Kittaan wrote:I've seen many shows there. The stage of the Greek in LA is plenty big for Tool's stage setup, but yeah, Tool would sell out even quicker than this bill will. But this will sell out fast regardless.

Seating capacity = 5,801 seats.
Stage dimensions = 61 feet wide by 46 feet deep.
Damn that's a beautiful place! wish I was able to go.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Anybody know the pre-sale password for this event? If the rumor on FB is true about the VIP being around $249 I need to buy the regular tickets and hope to buy them on the pre-sale. Fucking $250! That's crazy. Well how much was the TOOL VIP? That was pricey but for TOOL seems a little more worth it.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Tool was $500? I did the puscifer 2010 VIP (wine tasting not meet and greet) i think it was $125 a ticket? It was worth the price, we literally got first row center, of probably their best tour.

Setlist
thirdeye42012
Bronco's Fan

Post by thirdeye42012 »

I guess I'll bring up the elephant in the room. Not only will Puscifer and APC be there, but Paul D'Amour as well, and no Tool???? such a huge missed opportunity for a little reunion.
Not surprised Puscifer would be headlining, the show is often kind of a party atmosphere anyway.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

thirdeye42012 wrote:I guess I'll bring up the elephant in the room. Not only will Puscifer and APC be there, but Paul D'Amour as well, and no Tool???? such a huge missed opportunity for a little reunion.
Not surprised Puscifer would be headlining, the show is often kind of a party atmosphere anyway.
Well, it is Danny's actual birthday. I could see this being more than they are stating. I have a conflict, but would probably go just on the possibility.

What leads you to believe Paul will be there, did I miss something?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

IF (HUGE "if") there's some surprise in store I'm guessing it'd be like this:

Regular Failure set

Shortened APC set
Shortened (but longer than APC) Puscifer set

Encore: surprise Tool appearance, one song played. (Lateralus, probably)

And I've seen nothing about Paul being there either.
Hey! Denty!
jaimiej
Maynard Believer

Post by jaimiej »

That VIP purchasing experience was a real bitch, took me almost an hour of refreshing to finally get in and get one. Frontgate can blow me.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Well got my pre-sale tickets. Section B so I am happy with that. Wish I could have got sec A but didn't get the pre-sale code till about 15 mins after 10. No way would I have paid $250 for the VIP. I was on the page at 10 for the VIP and saw the price and didn't think about it for a second. Pretty stoked and think it will be a great show.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig wrote:IF (HUGE "if") there's some surprise in store I'm guessing it'd be like this:

Regular Failure set

Shortened APC set

^ bwhahahahahahahahaha
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

MOG wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:IF (HUGE "if") there's some surprise in store I'm guessing it'd be like this:

Regular Failure set

Shortened APC set

^ bwhahahahahahahahaha
Missed the part where I made it clear it was purely hypothetical did ya?

It's not a prediction.
Hey! Denty!
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

Didn't realize there was a resale for regular tickets. What's the password?
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Birthday is the code
fulcanelli
Bronco's Fan

Post by fulcanelli »

Kittaan wrote:I imagine he's gonna be one spent little old focker after performing with two bands in one night. He better go light on the vino until after the performance.
You know, some people actually take care of themselves physically (and mentally) so there's no reason to think he'll be clutching his heart by the end of the night. Anyway, I wish I could be there.