Volto!

Volto!, m.t.Void, White Onion and other side projects of current and former Tool members
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Was looking over Facebook today and noticed that Volto! are playing at the Baked Potato next weekend.  That in itself isn't unusual, but I did notice a new member: Matt Rohde who has presumably replaced Jeff Babko on keyboards.  Anyone heard anything?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I noticed that in a post from Blair on TA.  The "for this one" makes it seem like he's just sitting in for a gig, not replacing Jeff.

What I'm REALLY curious about is when the fuck they will finally release the damn album.  It's been completed for many months now and this doesn't make much sense holding it back.  

07 March, 2013 (12:03pm) 
VOLTO! ON FRIDAY, MARCH 22 

VOLTO! return to the BAKED POTATO jazz club in STUDIO CITY for 2 SHOWS on FRIDAY, MARCH 22. The band features DANNY CAREY on drums, JOHN ZIEGLER on guitar, LANCE MORRISON on bass, and MATT ROHDE doing keyboard duties for this one. ADVANCED TICKETS/SEATS highly suggested, and can be PURCHASED HERE. Procure your seats and come listen to music from the band's forthcoming album. The 'tator' is located at 3787 Cahuenga Blvd., West. Studio City, CA. 91604. Admission: $25.00.

Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said  
What I'm REALLY curious about is when the fuck they will finally release the damn album.  It's been completed for many months now and this doesn't make much sense holding it back.  

Yeah, I can't think of a good reason.  John Z did say it might be March last time he mentioned it, so perhaps we'll see it any day now.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Dang. Saw the title of this thread and I thought maybe it was an announcement for their album release. Looking forward to their album way more than MTvoid or the last Puscifer EP, as I've heard enough of Volto! to know I will be purchasing it when its out.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Dang. Saw the title of this thread and I thought maybe it was an announcement for their album release. Looking forward to their album

Ravenpig said
Dang. Saw the title of this thread and I thought maybe it was an announcement for their album release. Looking forward to their album way more than MTvoid or the last Puscifer EP, as I've heard enough of Volto! to know I will be purchasing it when its out.

way more than MTvoid or the last Puscifer EP, as I've heard enough of Volto! to know I will be purchasing it when its out.

Yeah I'll be picking it up day one as well.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Assuming they do release it someday, it should be pretty successful.  I'll definitely be acquiring it as well.

And I hope it does really well, so they consider touring past LA.
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Does anyone have their song Tocino as an MP3? The Children of Saturn podcast it was featured in is all glitched for me when I listen to it. It stutters.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Davvda said
Does anyone have their song Tocino as an MP3? The Children of Saturn podcast it was featured in is all glitched for me when I listen to it. It stutters.

Is the stuttering due to you internet connection or the file itself?  Try right clicking the link and download the mp3 rather than stream it.

Edit: I can confirm downloading it an playing the mp3 results in no stuttering
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

Davvda said

Is the stuttering due to you internet connection or the file itself?  Try right clicking the link and download the mp3 rather than stream it.

Edit: I can confirm downloading it an playing the mp3 results in no stuttering

sounds like a connection issue as I have had thousands.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Blair just mentioned the new Volto! record on TA again... Fuck, I wish I could make that show...

VOLTO! REMINDER - FRIDAY, MARCH 22 

There might still be reserved TICKETS available for VOLTO! (DANNY CAREY, JOHN ZIEGLER, LANCE MORRISON and MATT ROHDE) at the BAKED POTATO in STUDIO CITY (FRIDAY, MARCH 22). The band will be performing ultra fusion from their forthcoming album. TWO SHOWS: 9:30 (if the Lakers don't go into overtime) - 11:30.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

received an email from their management today, the album was supposed to be an independent release. however, a label decided to pick it up and sign the band to a multi album contract going forward. not sure who picked them up, but we'll know soon. as soon as the contracts get signed it's being placed online for digital download. be excited. (if you like VOLTO! that is)
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

NYHC81 said
received an email from their management today, the album was supposed to be an independent release. however, a label decided to pick it up and sign the band to a multi album contract going forward. not sure who picked them up, but we'll know soon. as soon as the contracts get signed it's being placed online for digital download. be excited. (if you like VOLTO! that is)

Wow.  Talk about a neat turn of events.  Thanks for the update.
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

markuspoop said

NYHC81 said

Wow.  Talk about a neat turn of events.  Thanks for the update.

yeah who would've thunk it? I wanted an update on some info and I know you and Hellboy are interested, so I just decided to email the band. I got a response in less than a day!!! and I got some great information too.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

NYHC81 said 
yeah who would've thunk it? I wanted an update on some info and I know you and Hellboy are interested, so I just decided to email the band. I got a response in less than a day!!! and I got some great information too.

Feel free to share the info with us.  I've never tried emailed John Z before, but I've heard he's pretty approachable.
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Still nothing, huh? Shit, I need me some Volto!.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Davvda said
Still nothing, huh? Shit, I need me some Volto!.

going to send another email in a week or two. I'm happy someone heard their music and decided to get it out to a larger audience. it's actually really nice to enjoy listening to a band with your 66 year old father and have him go "who's playing drums? oh the guy from Tool? they're still around? this is excellent". dad rocks

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Posted on the Volto! Facebook last night:

we thank you so very much, everyone near and far...champions all!
last night @ The Mint LA with our pals Nothin' Personal was mucho fun!
*AND YES INDEED, THE ALBUM IS COMING....WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SECURED A RECORDING CONTRACT WITH A FANTASTIC COMPANY THAT WE'RE ALL QUITE HAPPY WITH, SO MORE DELICIOUS NEWS IS PENDING SOON! your extreme patience is beyond stellar and to be commended!
with much love, and cheers, VOLTO! ♥

Hopefully that delicious news isn't far off...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

*AND YES INDEED, THE ALBUM IS COMING....WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SECURED A RECORDING CONTRACT WITH A FANTASTIC COMPANY THAT WE'RE ALL QUITE HAPPY WITH, SO MORE DELICIOUS NEWS IS PENDING SOON! your extreme patience is beyond stellar and to be commended!

Seconded.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

Seconded.

I was at the show last night and the news could be a record release concert here in LA @ a certain record store but I don't want to spill the beans...  ALSO if anyone thinks it is acceptable to film this band heed this warning: John Z almost left the stage during the show to go after a guy (I wish he would have the guy was playing chicken with him basically).  It was getting comical watching all these dudes trying to be slick and film even after asking everyone not to.  Film with your brain man.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

aphex0 said
Film with your brain man.
It's one thing to try and get away with this in a large arena, but doing so in a venue the size of The Mint seems ridiculous.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Having seen Volto! in both The Mint and The Baked Potato it does really make no sense to try to get away with filming them in places that small.  They pretty much ask you before hand to not be a douche and keep your camera-phones/cameras tucked away but there's always gotta be one asshat.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ You fucking tease!  Details dammit.  When, where, how.  I know Why!!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I hope this wasn't a nautherized duplication or else someone might be getting in trouble.

Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Hahahaha....that is awesome!  Looking forward to vinyl.