Volto!

Volto!, m.t.Void, White Onion and other side projects of current and former Tool members
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Volto!

Post by The Boss »

Mog of the Architect wrote:
The Boss wrote:Image
What in the fuck is that about? You wanted an honest answer I gave it to you. We talked about the contract they (and all opening bands) for Tool have to sign regarding conduct and Maynard specifically as well. We talked about Danny and Justin partying with them after shows. What the fuck more do you want? Should I have taped a fucking audio recording device to my leg?

Or are you cunts latching onto the Adam part of that statement? Adam being a control freak is MY opinion. The only thing the fellas from Intronaut said was that Danny Carey and Justin are writing new music for Tool all the time.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

poopyface wrote:I'd love to hear more about these contracts these bands gotta sign with Tool and MJK. Like, no eye-contact with the vintner? No farting in his presence?
Nothing was said in confidence but still don't feel right yapping about it in public. PM me and I will tell you what I was told about the process. Bottom line, Maynie and Adam are odd fellows and Danny and Justin like to party.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote:
Mog of the Architect wrote:
The Boss wrote:Image
What in the fuck is that about? You wanted an honest answer I gave it to you. We talked about the contract they (and all opening bands) for Tool have to sign regarding conduct and Maynard specifically as well. We talked about Danny and Justin partying with them after shows. What the fuck more do you want? Should I have taped a fucking audio recording device to my leg?

Or are you cunts latching onto the Adam part of that statement? Adam being a control freak is MY opinion. The only thing the fellas from Intronaut said was that Danny Carey and Justin are writing new music for Tool all the time.
You do realize Intronaut opened for Tool right? Justin wrote a song with them on Valley of Smoke. This isn't some he said / she said bullshit. The Intronaut guys were open about the experience and cool as fuck. The Tool part of the discussions I had were minimal. I will say this much, if I was forced to pick between seeing Intronaut live again or Tool I would go with Intronaut in a fucking second.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

slicknickshady
Maynard Believer

Post by slicknickshady »

Volto! kicked ass live in Detroit. It was so amazing last week. Danny is the G.O.A.T
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Good Old Ass Tickler?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

HD downloads of the new Volto! album are now available:

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file ... 8072346321
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

That was a part of the limited bundle the first day and they removed it quietly within a few days. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to hearing this.

Just a heads up for the people who thought the purple vinyl bundle included this IT DOES NOT ANYMORE

I want to hear those so bad.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

aphex0 wrote:That was a part of the limited bundle the first day and they removed it quietly within a few days. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to hearing this.

Just a heads up for the people who thought the purple vinyl bundle included this IT DOES NOT ANYMORE

I want to hear those so bad.
I never noticed. I guess they couldn't come up with the right deal.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

Yeah - I am happy the 24/96 exists for sure. The mp3s are a disservice to how good it sounds on CD, I can only imagine how much better this is.

Also - I totally hope VOLTO! makes as much money as they can they deserve it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Listened to it once (just then), delete, empty recycle bin. Just as I predicted. I'm not even drunk.

I guess it was pretty OK background music for studying, but that's about it. I'll never listen to it again.

Had Carey not played on it, I wouldn't have bothered. It's not that I wanted to dislike it - in fact, I like being proven wrong. It just kind of sucks.

Maybe 3/10. Anything less than about a 5/10 is an instantly forgettable experience for me.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

One of the songs on it sounds a lot like Merkaba. I liked the album and actually bought the cd version. My brother says he thinks there's lots of "Toolish" moments but other than the Merkabaish song I don't agree.

7/10
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:One of the songs on it sounds a lot like Merkaba. I liked the album and actually bought the cd version. My brother says he thinks there's lots of "Toolish" moments but other than the Merkabaish song I don't agree.

7/10
I always thought the beginning of "Grip It" sounds like it could've been part of a segue from like Lateralus or something.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Finally posting my Volto! score from the Buffalo gig early last month

well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Getting Volto! to sign Tool merchandise, how fucking awkward.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Danny yeah, but the whole band?
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Not Tyson wrote:Getting Volto! to sign Tool merchandise, how fucking awkward.
there's a story there:

at their own request after a friend was jokingly giving Danny shit and not sure where it came from, but all of a sudden I was the topic of the conversation and "was probably wearing a tool shirt underneath that long sleeve" and then I had to prove it ... John was having a blast with giving Danny shit about it then and it spawned some good conversation from there ... I personally said it's cool if they're not all weirded out by it, but wouldn't have asked myself, and certainly wouldn't have asked Danny for only his sig at a Volto! gig ... I thought it was cheeky and in good fun ... we were all pretty drunk.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ You of all people should know that you don't owe Tyson a fucking explanation. Sounds like you had a good time, cool.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Everyone owes me, EVERYONE!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Kittaan wrote:^ You of all people should know that you don't owe Tyson a fucking explanation. Sounds like you had a good time, cool.
Ok then, Mr. Knowitall, how do you suggest I go on living without Tyson's approval? When he says everyone, he DOES MEAN EVERYONE!

for everyone else, enjoy the pics or get fucked, no bother to me either way
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

petemasterpete wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Getting Volto! to sign Tool merchandise, how fucking awkward.
there's a story there:

at their own request after a friend was jokingly giving Danny shit and not sure where it came from, but all of a sudden I was the topic of the conversation and "was probably wearing a tool shirt underneath that long sleeve" and then I had to prove it ... John was having a blast with giving Danny shit about it then and it spawned some good conversation from there ... I personally said it's cool if they're not all weirded out by it, but wouldn't have asked myself, and certainly wouldn't have asked Danny for only his sig at a Volto! gig ... I thought it was cheeky and in good fun ... we were all pretty drunk.
Imagine if that entire situation involved Maynard and Puscifer.....*cringes*

Danny is a nice dude. If I had been in Pete's shoes and it had been any other member of Tool and I would have asked them precisely at what moment did they become a bunch of lazy cunts. Danny gets a free pass for being a quality human being and top 5 all time drummer any genre.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

MOG wrote:Imagine if that entire situation involved Maynard and Puscifer.....*cringes*
That could only happen in an alternate universe.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan wrote:
MOG wrote:Imagine if that entire situation involved Maynard and Puscifer.....*cringes*
^ Truth

What do you think about the Volto album btw? You may have already posted your review/opinion but I was curious what you thought about it. Personally I have to admit it is way better than I thought it was going to be. Danny absolutely kills it. I wouldn't call it an exceptional piece of fusion as it relies so heavily on Danny to make it shine. John Z is a good guitar player but not a particularly great song writer. Thankfully though DC is behind the kit and has the song writing background to give the album cohesion and direction where it was needed.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

MOG wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
^ Truth

What do you think about the Volto album btw? You may have already posted your review/opinion but I was curious what you thought about it. Personally I have to admit it is way better than I thought it was going to be. Danny absolutely kills it. I wouldn't call it an exceptional piece of fusion as it relies so heavily on Danny to make it shine. John Z is a good guitar player but not a particularly great song writer. Thankfully though DC is behind the kit and has the song writing background to give the album cohesion and direction where it was needed.
I'm much the same ... I must say I've given it more spins already than I ever thought I would. I like it more than I anticipated and having been able to see it live really makes the tracks I truly dig shine and the parts I'm not so keen on still respectable. Overall, I'd probably give the record a 7.5 or so out of ten.

What I really want now is a quality version of the "careful with that ax" cover
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Moggret wrote:What do you think about the Volto album btw?
@ Mog - I think my feeling on this can best be expressed by watching this live clip, especially the second half. Phenomenal shit. I am so bummed I've never been able to see them live.

JZ's solo is so dead-nuts on, and I love how they have a couple of rough transition spots but work it out quickly, back in a killer groove. So amazing to see Danny is this context. He is a beast.