Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest, 10/31/15

Post by Ettan »

tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Audio > Video. So great. Thanks for sharing. I had to sell my tickets last week for a funeral. Looking forward to Puscifer in NYC soon.
“Casual Fan”
ghettomuffin
Maynard Believer

Post by ghettomuffin »

Thank you so much!!!
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

lastly a quick pic of merch, didn't get the womans tee in the pic which is just same 10k image on shirt #5 I believe, bandanna in the far left too

and here's the others I that are somewhat worthy of posting lol,

lo7us

Post by lo7us »

I have to say that the light show, from the pics that I've seen are the most incredible, top notch visuals possible. I cannot wait until they release this mother of an album and do a full tour. Going to have to track down some shrooms or doses for when I see them live.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

ziggy23 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Damn, now that I've heard a more complete version with Maynard's vocals, I gotta say that is dope stuff. It's trippy too. If it's a sign of what's to come then I'm hyped.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Stage setup was fine, but i'd rather see them perform well. Which in my opinion, they did not. Good setlist though, too bad it wasn't executed.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I thought the performance was ok given that it was their first and only show of 2015. It was never going to be one to go down in the books as one of their tightest.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest, 10/31/15

Post by blacksabbath »

Danny and Justin are always tight. Maynard and Adam occasionally flub something. I thought the show was really tight and the audio quality was superb. The 2010 west coast shows were pretty amazing, they were playing third eye, the patient, and push it. But even with all the moving screens and stuff I prefer the way the video looks in this new set up with the Hepragram in the middle. It's perfectly symmetrical and the videos are super high def. and even the shows that have been perfect in every musical aspect, no mistakes, were not as fun as monster mash. They were excited to be playing and Maynard was joking around. I felt like I was at a Tool show as opposed to just watching them play super tight. There's an energy to a show as well. I mean Primus played every note to perfection, but only started to get into it by the last 20 minutes. And you could feel it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I don't go to shows to see perfection, I go to have fun. This show seems like it was fun.
Hey! Denty!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Ravenpig wrote:I don't go to shows to see perfection, I go to have fun. This show seems like it was fun.
This.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Finally back home and functioning, what a weekend we had... We flew in last Wed. night and crashed at a hotel in North PHX. Woke up and drove to the Grand Canyon for about an hour then made the trek down to Jerome, where we encountered some significant hail. Once we got to Jerome, it was littered with TOOL fans. There was almost no parking available, and this was at 5PM (most everything there closes at 6). The Cellars did stay open until 8 that night, We enjoyed a few flights of wine, and met a lot of TOOL fans (most of them were from Canada). We then made our way up the mountain to Haunted Hamburger, to grab some food. Everyone was there to see the TOOL show, none of them were from AZ. Made our way back down the mountain to crash, woke up and started the trip back down to Tempe. Coming from the Midwest, and my first trip to the Southwest, I could drive around Arizona for days. Beautiful terrain, it was so nice to get away from the flat, dusty cornfields that are the midwest. Since Friday of Monster Mash got canceled, my wife and I decided to do the VIP.. (what the hell im on vacation right? Ohh how many times did I say that... My wallet hates me haha). What an experience that was, I wont go into it too much. My favorite part was when someone asked what show did you go to that made you want to pursue music, or something like that. Adam said something about the Carpenters, Danny said something about his dad i believe (i could barely hear either one of them, we were in the back and they choose not to speak into the mic.) Justin then said something like "mine is probably the same as everyone in this room.... TOOL. I saw them in (i believe he said Camden, NJ?) and that's when everything changed" Adam then took the mic and accredited Justin to TOOL taking off and making it what it is today, then they both hugged. I got a little choked up at this, it was really cool seeing them in such a raw way, that felt so genuine. I was able to get my event poster signed by Justin and Danny right before they both left for the night. We were literally the last person Justin interacted with he told the people behind us that he had to go. Saturday morning we woke up and hung out at the pool most of the day, which again was packed with TOOL fans. Around 1:00 we could hear the band doing their sound check and the pool went crazy... so much fun :)

Once we got into the venue we posted up to the right of the soundboard where we met one of FE's very own AZBAY. The story behind that is pretty awesome too. We had been talking for a little bit before the show, then my wife had saw he was on the FE on his phone and nudged me about it. Small world... It was great meeting you AZBAY, what a show :). Hopefully we can do it again sometime. The show was great, the visuals were awesome. Defiantly a weekend for the record books.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

you lucky bastards.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Thank you for sharing MobileVortex. I enjoyed reading that.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Thank you for sharing MobileVortex. I enjoyed reading that.
mee too!
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

What a night it was! Glad to have met you as well mobilevortex, well deserved cheers with our $9 PBR's! yes next time they are here in AZ don't hesitate to come out (can even put you up in our extra room), or actually anytime your ever here again let me know, we'll do a wine tour and show you the sites.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Make sure to show him Google.

Oh, and Wikipedia too. That's my favorite site.
Don't mow your lawn
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Oh, and Wikipedia too. That's my favorite site.
Uh yeah, it's like the best credible one out there! :lol:
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Also what was interesting as we were by the soundboard, there was another couple I was talking to that said they shared a flight and talked with Alan Jones. Then shortly after that he came by and said hi and chatted a bit! lol, after the show he was handing out the rest of the waters they had in their area and gave one to me as well. So he has props in my book as well. Another person that sparked my interest was a younger guy, dressed up as Devo. I questioned him a bit and told him his secret was safe with me and we just laughed, don't really know if it was Devo dressed as Devo but we all were having a good time. Don't know what happened to him either or really anyone for that matter (except my new righthand man vortex! lol) when TOOL came on because as we all know, we go to that place. I kinda wish I roamed around the venue a little more to check out all the costumes earlier on, From the few people I saw whilst on a pee break durring Mr. Krinkle, people be crazy! (Also Primus was solid! they delivered that night too and killed it) I hurried back, because trying to get through that mob of people was insane! And yes I was that jerk moving through people, and if you didn't move you got water (well, I knew it was water) spilled on you, enough for you to turn and let me through. So after that I knew there was now going to be a point of no return, and where you were at was going to be it. So luckily I made it back only to lose my woman durring The Grudge (only second song!), I forgot she's not conditioned to that kind of environment (dust, smoke, crowds of people in general, but mostly smoke did her in) and when that bass noise was rumbling, man o man you could feel it through your body! That was probably one of the loudest TOOL shows I have been to!!! needless to say I got her out safely and planned on going with her but she assured me she would be fine and didn't want me to miss out on anything. Such an awesome girl, but she said never again unless there's seats lol. I did feel bad not being with her, but she said she enjoyed it as well and met some friends too so she wasn't alone, and did a lot of people watching.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

hellboy wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:I just ran into Adam at the airport and aside from being starstruck, found out what was up with the talk box. He has a new guitar tech and it was wrapped with duct tape instead of Velcro straps like Frank used, the tech that passed away. After sitting in the sun all day it made things sticky when he tried to move it around. He got it all over his hands and the guitar. The tape had fused to the tubing and made it unusable. Also, the Leslie for the No Quarter opening wasn't engaged, a song that Adam didn't want to open with. It sounds like it was Maynards idea, and there was a photo opportunity involved in that decision. Now, if Adam reads this he will will know my identity. However, he asked if I was on social media to protect him on the Talkbox thing, and I don't have any followers on Twitter. Maybe you can post about the Talkbox, hellboy? And leave this pirate out of it. Lol.
Cool story bro! I don't think anyone's going to get all bent out of shape over a talkbox glitch. I will post a summary of the show on the blog today, and if it seems relevant I may mention it, but not sure people are quite so interested in the reasons behind it not working.
I was very interested. Thanks for the heads up, anyone have an extra poster for either band? That night was so crazy I couldn't find one - what a clusterfuck. Tool was great as always but I couldn't hear the vocals at all.
ZUG
Bronco's Fan

Post by ZUG »

ziggy23 wrote:[Descending youtube vid]
Damn, now that I've heard a more complete version with Maynard's vocals, I gotta say that is dope stuff. It's trippy too. If it's a sign of what's to come then I'm hyped.
I like the vibe of this but isn't it, the guitar at least, more or less an exact mash-up of the Lateralus and Right in Two opening guitar lines?
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

ZUG wrote:
ziggy23 wrote:[Descending youtube vid]
I like the vibe of this but isn't it, the guitar at least, more or less an exact mash-up of the Lateralus and Right in Two opening guitar lines?
Most all Tool songs are in D minor. I wouldn't call it a mash up as much as, just being similar.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:I thought the performance was ok given that it was their first and only show of 2015. It was never going to be one to go down in the books as one of their tightest.
you really can't expect every show to be tight, they're Tool not Rush. ;)
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Definitely O/T here, but dude totally replaced an apology with 'dipshits' in Aenima on Halloween. Seemed heartfelt. #donttaketheclickbait
“Casual Fan”