Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest, 10/31/15

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest and Gardening Expo 10/31/

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

No, please don't. I'm not even going to be there and I don't want that to happen. Stranglehold suuuuckkksss. Ted Nugent suuuuuckkksss.
Don't mow your lawn
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

You suck.
3po1nt0
of Arimathea

Post by 3po1nt0 »

hoping on opiate

needle in a haystack is ticks n leeches
3.1.97||7.11.97||7.3.98||8.15.01||11.24.02||4.30.06||9.7.06||9.8.06||7.14.07||12.10.07||12.14.07||8.22.09||7.18.10||7.19.10||3.12.14||3.16.14||10.31.15||1.9.16||6.17.17||10.20.19||10.21.19||1.18.22||10.8.23||2.14.24||2.15.24||2.17.24
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

They played Ticks a bunch of times a couple years ago, before that the vast majority thought it'd never be played again.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:They played Ticks a bunch of times a couple years ago, before that the vast majority thought it'd never be played again.
I was one of those. Went in blind to Reno 2012 and was blown away to get Hooker as the opener. Even more stoked when we got Ticks. So glad I didn't know what was coming.

1.14.2012 Reno, CA Reno Events Center

Hooker With A Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Ticks & Leeches
Pushit
Schism
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
The Pot
AEnema
Ki77aan :twisted:
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Rosetta Stoned
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I really want to hear Prison Sex
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Went to Vegas and Tucson that tour, I too went in blind without looking at the Reno setlist. Was pretty funny because talking to someone about the set lists through the years and he said too bad we'll probably never see Ticks and I said the same about Hooker lol and then that happened!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I was there with someone who knew the set list beforehand. I had to really restrain myself from asking him for details. I could tell from his face something special was coming. It was very exciting. My first Intronaut show as well. Great night.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Kittaan wrote:I was there with someone who knew the set list beforehand. I had to really restrain myself from asking him for details. I could tell from his face something special was coming. It was very exciting. My first Intronaut show as well. Great night.

My fiance had looked up the set list before hand and was laughing a bit during that set list convo I was having. Glad she didn't tell me and made sense what was so funny to her at that time.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Re: Tool @ Monster Mash Music Fest, 10/31/15

Post by blacksabbath »

Will they ever stop playing sober?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

blacksabbath wrote:Will they ever stop playing sober?
Before it was brought back a couple years ago they hadn't played it in like 10 years.

Now Stinkfist, Schism, Lateralus? You'd have a point.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think I've only ever seen Tool play Sober once or twice in the 7 shows I've been to.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I think I'm at like 2 out of 11.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'm hoping for a rousing cover of the Monster Mash.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Could happen.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:I think I've only ever seen Tool play Sober once or twice in the 7 shows I've been to.
Would you have rather heard something else in its place or was it awesome ? Because I've only seen them play it once in 7 shows too, but I've seen them play flood twice and it's amazing. There's also a lot of other great songs from undertow they could play. I know they will never play wings again, but I remember when they played it every show and it's incredible. But they seem to drop their best stuff. I mean, did they play the grudge even one time since lateralus? But they play all these other songs with screams. Then on top of they they try to pull off the intro to the pot? The first few times I heard the intro, I had no idea what they were doing. Still great everytime no matter the set list, but 2 hours and 15 minutes would be nice even if it was just Danny and Justin making noise for 30.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

blacksabbath wrote:
hellboy wrote:I think I've only ever seen Tool play Sober once or twice in the 7 shows I've been to.
Would you have rather heard something else in its place or was it awesome ? Because I've only seen them play it once in 7 shows too, but I've seen them play flood twice and it's amazing.
I think Sober comes across really well live. The way Justin plays bass on it adds a slightly different dimension to the recorded version. Maynard is not quite vocally up to the end parts of it though, so I don't anticipate it being a regular in the setlist.

I wouldn't argue that Sober needs to be added to the setlist with any regularity though, nor do I reckon they should drop it entirely. It should be on their "play every now and then" part of their setlist. It would be nice if Tool had more songs they cranked out every now and then, and less that they crank out every night without fail (not that I have a strong objection to most of the "regulars" in their setlist).

Flood is great live - that's certainly a song I'd like to see more of.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Any song that doesn't have bullhorn in it and i'll be happy.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Ettan wrote:Any song that doesn't have bullhorn in it and i'll be happy.
Haha, what about Eulogy?

For the staples of the setlists I think Schism could retire for a bit, and starting to feel that way with Jambi. Stinkfist, Aenima, and/or Lateralus would be tough unless it was replaced by lets say The Grudge
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

azbay wrote:
Haha, what about Eulogy?

For the staples of the setlists I think Schism could retire for a bit, and starting to feel that way with Jambi. Stinkfist, Aenima, and/or Lateralus would be tough unless it was replaced by lets say The Grudge
I agree with you on all those except Jambi and lateralus. I always like hear the talk box solo and see what weird place they end up during lateralus. I saw terry bozzio jam on it it once and that was insane. Also, the drummer from big business is incredible, especially trading off with Danny. Has anyone seen the melvins when he was the second drummer? Its probably the best show I've ever seen.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Don't get me wrong love Jambi and with that talk box solo! but it has been quite a regular and if they were to switch it up with a different song I wouldn't mind, same with Pushit for me personally since it has been performed lately for the shows I've seen (would trade to see Parabol/a, Right in Two, The Patient, Rosetta, Opaite ect.). Lateralus, Stinkfist, and Aenima I'm ok with as well being a permanent part too, but if it were to be switched out it would have to be for some kind of "Jem" they haven't done in a while, The Grudge, D/R/T, You Lied maybe Jimmy, H, Eulogy, Sweat, or the supposed never played again songs prison, wings. Just my selfish opinion though, honestly just going to a Tool show with what ever they play is good with me.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

[youtube][/youtube]
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

blacksabbath wrote:
azbay wrote:
Haha, what about Eulogy?
I meant songs like Vicarious and Hooker. Especially Vicarious, so dull nowadays. And also, if Maynard could stop using the horrible chours filter he uses live. Sounds awful, can clearly hear the filter in the IEM from Reno 2014. God, why am I so negative I'm not even going. Gonna change my attiude, Ettan positivity week starts now.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I personally like the vocal filter he uses in place of screaming. It made me sad to hear it at first, but it's more psychedelic. Hooker is my least favorite song. They opened with it once and the crowed went wild. I was just like, "man, you guys opened with 3rd eye last night, what a rip off. " but then they play an updated version of opiate with the new part from a possible new song. And they did a three parter with pushit, intension, lateralus. So I felt good about it by the end of the show. And although they always play aenima, they threw confetti at the end this time and it made it better somehow.