Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I doubt it. Maynard is on tour as we speak.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

azbay wrote:I'll admit I was one checking all day as well, but to get upset of no announcement is just heinous. I too was wondering the same as kanaduh on tdn if the Paris tragedy has put a second thought or hold on things since some people close to the band were involved?
Doubt it. They were one of the first major bands to have a show after 9/11. 9/15 I think.
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Ettan wrote:Haha Kitty, reddit's neckbeards sure got upset that they didn't announce the dates yesterday.
hellboy wrote:People are so quick to anger on the internet these days
Those cock-gobblers weren't too pleased with a post I made there yesterday either.
I like to poop naked.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Ettan wrote:Haha Kitty, reddit's neckbeards sure got upset that they didn't announce the dates yesterday.

Dude has some serious sandy vagina issues. I guess that is what I get for trying to give people a heads up. Oh well. My source was solid, but none of us expected Paris to happen. And in other news a bar in Athens, GA is showing a rebroadcast of the Monster Mash show.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Friend just told me Tool announced a San Antonio date on Facebook can someone confirm this? Don't have a FB.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

TICKETS FOR THE FOLLOWING SHOWS GO ON-SALE
THIS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20th.

Saturday, January 9 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0A004F709FB915FD

Wednesday, January 13 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3A004F70CEC74BD0

Saturday, January 16 - Tulsa, OK @ BOK Center
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/20004F7096EF6005

Sunday, January 17 - Grand Prairie, TX (Dallas) @ Verizon Theatre
http://axs.com/events/301393/tool-tickets

Tuesday, January 19 - Southaven, MS (Memphis) @ Landers Center
(Ticket link to be added)

Saturday, January 23 - Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B004F70E3B27BA8

Monday, January 25 - Atlanta, GA @ Infinite Energy Center
http://axs.com/events/301339/tool-tickets?skin=gwinnett

Tuesday, January 26 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Coliseum
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E004F6FC75B26F5
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

FUUUUUUCK why not NEW YORK :( :( :( Flights elsewhere is so fucking expensive.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Primus and 3 Teeth opening in atlanta
https://3teeth.bandcamp.com/
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Nice little trip to San Diego and a visit to the Stone Brewery are in order.
I like to poop naked.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Nashville is a go!

MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

So more dates are coming? Huge gaps there.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Awesome that the tour is with Primus! Although this probably means no SF bay area show, since Primus is playing NYE. Oh well. Maybe Sacramento will get a show, been since 2010 that they've been there.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nousername wrote:Awesome that the tour is with Primus! Although this probably means no SF bay area show, since Primus is playing NYE. Oh well. Maybe Sacramento will get a show, been since 2010 that they've been there.
3Teeth does nothing for me. Happy to see Primus opening, that will be fun. Also hoping for SF or Sac... If nothing closer added in CA, I may be forced to head south to SD.
Ki77aan :twisted:
frikinelmo
My pain is just an excuse

Post by frikinelmo »

Hoping for a show closer to Louisiana. Here is what it looks like at the moment. (Based on Ticketmaster dates) The days in the blue circles are unaccounted for days. 1 day is not unusual. 2 Days isn't unheard of. Usually there are not 3 day gaps.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Kittaan wrote:
nousername wrote:Awesome that the tour is with Primus! Although this probably means no SF bay area show, since Primus is playing NYE. Oh well. Maybe Sacramento will get a show, been since 2010 that they've been there.
3Teeth does nothing for me. Happy to see Primus opening, that will be fun. Also hoping for SF or Sac... If nothing closer added in CA, I may be forced to head south to SD.
Kittaan and Poop at the same place, at the time? Oh my. Watch out world!
I like to poop naked.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

markuspoop wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
Kittaan and Poop at the same place, at the time? Oh my. Watch out world!
I'm on the fence about this one, as I told myself I wouldn't see them until they released a new album, but missing a Chill, Kittaan, Poop conjunction would be sacrilegious.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

MobileVortex wrote:So more dates are coming? Huge gaps there.
Looks like a good bet there will be more dates.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Even though they just played AZ they could easily do a Tucson show, sigh might just have to meet up with the others in San Diego
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

San Diego meet up!!! So stoked for this show. Saw Primus in Escondido last year and it was such a great show. Very happy with them as the opener. So I am not stoked to go thru ticketmasters fucked up site. I really want to be right behind the soundboard so I can have a great view of everything. Seeing them in Vegas on the 3rd row with the VIP was spectacular! Couldn't hear anybody singing and the music was hitting my body! Really enjoyed being close but all that matters to me is a good view with no giant in front of me and loud acoustics. I wish you all good luck on Friday. With San Diego maybe the only show in Cali it could get crazy.

Edit: stub hub of course already has ticket for sale on there site! How the hell can they already be selling tickets?
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

On a Saturday as well TM is going to be hell
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

I see the Dallas tickets start at $95 from AXS... pfff - making me really ponder if I want to shell out that kind of cash for a nosebleed seat.
Atlanta -$59.50
San Diego $81
San Antonio - $39 - $79
Tulsa - $53 - 77.50
Southhaven - $75.50
Nashville - $57.50 - $77.50
Charlotte - $77.5

I know Dallas has been notorious for being among the fastest sold out on release dates. Guess they figured rabid fan base means we can charge more - or the venue is smaller than some of the other venues so they have to have a high base cost to make a minimum total for a show?

This will be a tough decision. Leaning towards missing the show in Dallas. Heavily considering the show in San Antonio given it only a 6 hr drive and will have many more tickets for sale.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

As a side note, is the curve ball rumor still out there?

If so, my thought is that given how "non-conformist" the band has been over the years, and given how this band is no longer contractually obligated to tour or release an album, the band will release the album and never tour on it.
That would be the first time anyone has ever done something like that that I've heard of, and definitely a curve ball.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

It is interesting that all the listed shows say that the show time starts at 7:30pm. Since most Sports Arenas have an 11pm curfew, I wonder how long bands will be playing. Opener will prob be 30 mins, so Primus would start at like 8:20-8:30. Think they should get at least an hour, but seems not likely if Tool would have an (at least) 90 minute show. Doubt Tool will play less than that for a non-festivasl headline show. For The last two San Francisco runs the opener (Jello Biafra in '10 and Failure in '14) Started 20 minutes before the scheduled show time. So who knows.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

bigboy55693 wrote:I see the Dallas tickets start at $95 from AXS... pfff - making me really ponder if I want to shell out that kind of cash for a nosebleed seat.
Atlanta -$59.50
San Diego $81
San Antonio - $39 - $79
Tulsa - $53 - 77.50
Southhaven - $75.50
Nashville - $57.50 - $77.50
Charlotte - $77.5

I know Dallas has been notorious for being among the fastest sold out on release dates. Guess they figured rabid fan base means we can charge more - or the venue is smaller than some of the other venues so they have to have a high base cost to make a minimum total for a show?

This will be a tough decision. Leaning towards missing the show in Dallas. Heavily considering the show in San Antonio given it only a 6 hr drive and will have many more tickets for sale.
I've seen them in this particular Dallas (technically Grand Prairie I think) arena.

It's way way smaller than the ATT Center, which is an NBA arena.

There's not such thing as "nosebleeds" in Dallas/Grand Prairie, hence the higher price (which I think may be partially controlled by the arena).
Hey! Denty!
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Ravenpig wrote:
I've seen them in this particular Dallas (technically Grand Prairie I think) arena.

It's way way smaller than the ATT Center, which is an NBA arena.

There's not such thing as "nosebleeds" in Dallas/Grand Prairie, hence the higher price (which I think may be partially controlled by the arena).
I've seen the band in every Dallas venue since Lateralus. The SA arena is like the AAC, where there are some really really poor seats if which I would designate as nose-bleed.

That said, section 400 at Nokia/Verizon is pretty crappy, especially for $110 after fees and reach arounds.

I'll wait till day of on stubhub if I am to go to the Dallas show.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA