Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Every time there's a VIP every body says it a rip-off until someone reports back about the event and says that it was worth it.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I just counted 18 online TA members who have signed up in the last two days. So these folks are paying the additional $50 or so for the membership and will most likely spend another $500 for the VIP.

The VIP event sounds fun, no doubt, and seeing Tool live is always pretty great (only one of the nine shows I've been too was less than stellar), but I've decided to sit this round out.

Here's hoping there's a new album in the near future followed up with a tour and a show closer to home.

Good luck getting tickets everyone and have fun out there!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:I just counted 18 online TA members who have signed up in the last two days. So these folks are paying the additional $50 or so for the membership and will most likely spend another $500 for the VIP.

The VIP event sounds fun, no doubt, and seeing Tool live is always pretty great (only one of the nine shows I've been too was less than stellar), but I've decided to sit this round out.

Here's hoping there's a new album in the near future followed up with a tour and a show closer to home.

I agree Norm. I briefly considered going for the VIP, but there's just no way I can justify it. If it included front row seats.... still not worth it, but easier to justify. Early entry GA? Not so much.

I am 90% sure I'll hit the SD show though, so hope to finally meet you, if it works out.
Ki77aan :twisted:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

34 New members online. Is it wrong I'm looking forward to the impending website crash?
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

Any unofficial confirmation on whether or not more shows will be added? Im holding fire on buying tickets in the hopes there will be a New York/Toronoto show (much easier to get to from the UK...)
grr915
Bronco's Fan

Post by grr915 »

I've seen the rumor on here that Failure will join Tool for the second half of their tour in February, any idea as to where that information has come from?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Every time there's a VIP every body says it a rip-off until someone reports back about the event and says that it was worth it.
Yeah, I don't think anyone who's actually attended one has said it wasn't worth it. This time around with a ticket (and presumably a decent one) I reckon it's not bad value really.

And complaining that Adam isn't answering questions about the new album - what do people actually expect? "yeah we wrote a few songs where I play some chuggah chuggah riffs, and Danny plays 14 paradiddles" or are they expecting Adam to give a release date on something that clearly doesn't have a release date? Or are they expecting to hear some gossip on what the band have already suggested are some personal reasons on the delay? I don't get the obsession with asking about the new album. It achieves absolutely nothing.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

BellJH wrote:Any unofficial confirmation on whether or not more shows will be added? Im holding fire on buying tickets in the hopes there will be a New York/Toronoto show (much easier to get to from the UK...)
I was kinda wondering this too. But I'm guessing they'll announce those dates after tickets go on sale tomorrow knowing they'll be able to get some fans to purchase even more tickets.
I like to poop naked.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Kittaan wrote:
nxrm wrote:I just counted 18 online TA members who have signed up in the last two days. So these folks are paying the additional $50 or so for the membership and will most likely spend another $500 for the VIP.

I agree Norm. I briefly considered going for the VIP, but there's just no way I can justify it. If it included front row seats.... still not worth it, but easier to justify. Early entry GA? Not so much.

I am 90% sure I'll hit the SD show though, so hope to finally meet you, if it works out.
We'll have like a fucking fourtheye pow-wow. Sucks it's so far from one of Stone's SD locations though but there has to be some good bars near the place.
I like to poop naked.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

"yeah we wrote a few songs where I play some chuggah chuggah riffs, and Danny plays 14 paradiddles"

Sitting at the Chick-fil-A b/c the wifi is out in the neighborhood and this made me laugh out loud.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

badkittygothgirl wrote: Sitting at the Chick-fil-A b/c the wifi is out in the neighborhood and this made me laugh out loud.
Their chicken soup is actually pretty good. I recommend buying some.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:I agree Norm. I briefly considered going for the VIP, but there's just no way I can justify it. If it included front row seats.... still not worth it, but easier to justify. Early entry GA? Not so much.

Still on the fence about the SD show. There'd be no question if they were playing in LA though. Decisions, decisions...
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

601 TA members online as of 2:10. Wow!

edit: I signed-out to get out of the way of folks actually trying to get tickets. They still weren't up in the Bazaar as of a few minutes ago though.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just checked. 6 are up. Apparently SD sold out. Wild.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:Just checked. 6 are up. Apparently SD sold out. Wild.
Yeah, I never even saw the San Diego VIP listed. Made me question whether or not it was put up, but maybe those SD people are rolling in the dough and sold out first.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Just checked. 6 are up. Apparently SD sold out. Wild.
Yeah, I never even saw the San Diego VIP listed. Made me question whether or not it was put up, but maybe those SD people are rolling in the dough and sold out first.
San Diego - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=226

"Sorry, this product is out of stock"
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Hope to possibly meet some of you other FE peeps in San Diego as well
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:San Diego - http://www.toolarmy.com/catalog/product ... cts_id=226

"Sorry, this product is out of stock"
Yeah, I noticed that too, but there's been no mention of anyone actually successfully buying an SD VIP package on Reddit, the Tool facebook page, or the Tool Army facebook page. Haven't checked in at Tool Navy though.

I'm going to remain skeptical that they were actually up for sale until someone out there says they bought one. So...who out there was able to buy a VIP package to the San Diego show?

edit: still no confirmation that anyone was able to buy a San Diego VIP ticket, and no one has indicated they even saw it up in the Bazaar. That being said, Grand Prairie sold out quickly and it's no longer listed in the Bazaar. Depending on the number of SD VIP tickets and how many people were online waiting for them, it is very likely they simply sold out.
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

wow. ticket to charlotte after fees is $102...
spiralout462
Maynard Believer

Post by spiralout462 »

thesheedspot wrote:wow. ticket to charlotte after fees is $102...
Is that high? Seems pretty normal to me.
thesheedspot

Post by thesheedspot »

i think last time they came through charlotte it was in the $80s. primus wasnt the opener then though so it makes a little more sense its more expensive this time around.
thesheedspot

Post by thesheedspot »

doesnt look like it slowed down the sales any. its possibly already sold out.
trampis

Post by trampis »

I got two tickets in section 203 for Grand Prairie.

If anyone happened to get row A in the 300, flight deck, or 400 section and would be interested in trading then hit me up.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Confirmation from a Reddit user that San Diego VIP tickets were available and did in fact sell out. Congratulations to anyone that was able to score those tickets.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Good luck to any and all trying to score tix. :D

Edit: :oops: :evil:

Sorry, no tickets from venue currently...
Tons of fans are shopping and some may have let their tickets go. You can try again or change quantity or ticket type.