Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote:WTF!!! Los Angeles gets the shaft again.
yeah what a surprise.... Tool loves LA.... i mean, just listen to their songs. And if I remember correctly someone ran into Danny while on the last tour (2014) and ask him if they had plans to play in LA, his answer was something along the lines of "Yeah im sure we will have to play there again eventually, but we'll wait til the new album comes out"
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^Other than Ænema, when do they mention anything about L.A. in their songs?

There's definitely an indifference, but I don't think it's as clear as you seem to think it is, except of course when they schedule a new tour...lol

Ugh. I'm starting to hate myself for being a fan.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

fortysixand2 wrote:ADDED 2ND SAN FRANCISCO SHOW

Due to popular demand, a second TOOL SHOW has been ADDED for THURSDAY, JANUARY 7th at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. TICKETS will go ON-SALE TOMORROW (SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12) at 10:00 AM PST.
LOL. "Popular demand"? Yeah I'm sure they were really unsure just how popular and in demand their tickets are for the first night there.

Just gotta laugh at these guys at this point.
I like to poop naked.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

markuspoop wrote:
fortysixand2 wrote:ADDED 2ND SAN FRANCISCO SHOW

Due to popular demand, a second TOOL SHOW has been ADDED for THURSDAY, JANUARY 7th at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. TICKETS will go ON-SALE TOMORROW (SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12) at 10:00 AM PST.
LOL. "Popular demand"? Yeah I'm sure they were really unsure just how popular and in demand their tickets are for the first night there.

Just gotta laugh at these guys at this point.
All bands do that. I'd love to see a show sell like crap with a back-to-back in mind and announce "due to no one wanting to see us here, fuck this city and our only show has been cancelled".

Good for the fans in SF though, secondary tickets are cheap for night 1 so night 2 should scare them off. I think it's the smallest venue of the tour, is it that bad to see a show there?...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Oracle Arena over in Oakland holds about 20,000 for concerts but is mainly used for the Golden State Warriors NBA home games. It's the oldest venue in the league though so it's not exactly the Staples Center in LA or the Toyota Center in Houston in terms of facilities/amenities etc . TOOL did play at Arco Arena in Sacramento the night after they played the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium back in 2010 but since then have always played San Fran area shows at Bill Graham.

It's actually a really cool venue for seeing a band as you're just so close. 7000 people, all GA, good vibe when i was there. I am very much looking forward to this show.

And stop whinging about no LA shows. Some of us don't even live in the USA so chill out. :D
titlesaysitall
Maynard Believer

Post by titlesaysitall »

Seemed much easier buying tickets this time around (at least through the Ticketmaster iOS App). Managed to get 2 for night 2 in SF. If anyone is selling 2 tickets for night 1 please hit me up.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Well SF night two was not a shit show at all. Surprising, but nice. Don't think it is even sold out yet over an hour and a half later.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

nousername wrote:Well SF night two was not a shit show at all. Surprising, but nice. Don't think it is even sold out yet over an hour and a half later.
And night 1 has over 1,000 tickets left on stubhub. Thats what, about 15% of tickets?
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yeah that's frustrating. It was so much easier purchasing a 2nd SF show ticket today than yesterday but over 1000 tickets to the 1st SF show on Stubhub just annoys me. Printing full names on the PDF file tickets and delaying their electronic release after purchasing may help deter scalpers but I really believe Ticketmaster should also reduce the number of tickets per order to 4 instead of 8.

I've been going to shows for maybe 15 years now and I cannot remember ever being involved, either as the purchaser or not, in transaction involving 8 people going to a show. On one occasion I bought tickets for myself and 4 mates but otherwise I think every other transaction was 4 tickets or less.

Anyway, 4 TOOL shows in 5 nights in California is pretty cool :D
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

2016 Venue Capacities

Bill Graham: 7,000
Viejas Arena: 12,200
AT&T Center: 18,581
Toyota Center: 18,043
BOK Center: 13,644
Verizon Theatre: 6,350
Landers Center: 10,045
Sprint Center: 19,252
Chaifetz Arena: 10,600
Bridgestone Arena: 18,500
Infinite Energy Center: 13,000
Bojangles' Coliseum: 8,600
UCF Arena: 10,072
Pensacola Bay Center: 10,000
Smoothie King Center: 17,805
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Post by also known as . . . »

SF Nights 1 & 2 . . . . . . . . . . . yep
seen'em everywhere man
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

also known as . . . wrote:SF Nights 1 & 2 . . . . . . . . . . . yep
Yo! I'll be there too my crazy friend. Would love to see you and buy you a beer. Let me know.
Ki77aan :twisted:
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Post by also known as . . . »

Kittaan wrote:
also known as . . . wrote:SF Nights 1 & 2 . . . . . . . . . . . yep
Yo! I'll be there too my crazy friend. Would love to see you and buy you a beer. Let me know.
Yes SIR!!! there for sure, flights and room booked and tickets acquired! I'll PM you my Cell
seen'em everywhere man
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

aaronharris23: Getting the beast ready

7 days guys...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

D12 replaced Primus? Sweet!
Hey! Denty!
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

So I got bored (drunk) and booked a flight to SFO to see the Wednesday gig. Has anyone been to the venue before? How does it work with the 2 levels of seating above the floor when it's all GA ticketed? Keen to get a view of the new video/light production from above so I guess arrive early and claim a seat is how it rolls?
Cheers, and if anyone wants to meet up for an absinthe beforehand give me a yell.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yeah it's all GA. Went to the TOOL show there back in July 2010 and some young bloke had lined up since 4am on the morning of the show in order to be in line. I remember walking by the venue at about 4pm and about 10 people were in line.

No real need in my opinion. As long as you're there relatively early for when the doors open (7pm) you'll be able to head upstairs and get a good seat dead centre. All good.

I'll be getting into SF at about 2pm but keen for a drink if you're keen for a beer or 3... PM me
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

rain/wind in forecast all week for Bay Area shows
Been getting storm systems with Alaskan (cold) jet streams providing a good snow pack in Sierra since late November 8-)
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Someone should livestream these shows via periscope.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Have fun out there folks, and don't forget to share your reviews with those unable to make it to one of these shows.

One more day...
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I keep hoping they'll do something batshit crazy and bring back Disposition/Reflection one more time as the "centerpiece" of the show since they're not touring and album right now.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Agreed, but can Maynard still sing the high notes on Reflection? I'd be fine if he used some sort of effect, similar to the CD version.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

Seems like he should be able to adapt his vocals to whatever songs they play. I mean they played the pot for awhile, and it was far from the album vocals.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think Tool are ever playing Disposition and Reflection again, and people should probably let it go.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I will never let it go, although I agree that it's surely done. If you cut the Triad section though and do it like they used to back in 2001, it's really not that extensive of a song. And if he can do Parabola, he can do that one I'm sure. I miss Tool shows without that longer "centerpiece" song in them.