Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by badkittygothgirl »

If you are a TA member and want VIP, I suggest you log in to TA now.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I like how the TA store won't even work on an iPad. Like cmon, it's 2016, basically.

Seriously, their website is shit and reminds me of something my brother was doing when he was in elementary school. They should be embarrassed. But they aren't because they are still getting people forking over $500 for a "VIP" event or over $100 for a single ticket.

This tour better be nice or I might just finally join Mog's camp.
I like to poop naked.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Hey man you can always get the Tool app... It's a masterpiece *slighty sarcastic
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Not much luck on the KC show. Have 2 computers with 2 browsers each, the one i started last in the virtual waiting room did get to the order page but they were like the 2nd to last row in the most expensive tier. I passed.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

MobileVortex wrote:Not much luck on the KC show. Have 2 computers with 2 browsers each, the one i started last in the virtual waiting room did get to the order page but they were like the 2nd to last row in the most expensive tier. I passed.
Do they have an app? I was able to get Nashville tix (and hopefully St. Louis) using the TM app.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Not sure, probably not for my phone lol. They were sold through axs. I cant complain to much, all of my browsers were able to find tickets, just nothing i was willing to purchase. With the show being on a Wed, they would have had to be pretty stellar seats for me to go. STL is a must tho. I will have 6 browsers going... here's to something decent. Looking for 4 tickets :S

EDIT: refreshed to a sold out page.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Managed to get tickets to Pensacola. Came by mine through the shitty automated phone system. Website was consistently showing sold out/unavailable for anything, so dialed late and went through that while refreshing and what do you know... perfect seats straight back, Sec 108. Always be on the phone while you're online.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

haha yea i just tried that, no luck. I'll remember that for next time.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

youre competeing against robots buying tickets for scalpers.. its kinda fucked up.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

is it even robots? I bet ticketmaster just gives them to stub hub. I have faith I'll eventually get one. The hunt is on haha.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

No luck for STL either.. I'm still trying after 45 mins..
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I really hope they drop Vicarious and swap it for anything else. Love the studio version but it just never lives up live and sticks out.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I hope they drop Vicarious to like A or something. That'd be brutal.
Don't mow your lawn
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Hopefully Lateralus wont be left out like it was at Monster Mash.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I hope they drop Vicarious to like A or something. That'd be brutal.
I heard this in Toki's voice.
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

People are shitting their pants & swearing off tool yet again, all across the interwebs. So that's entertaining at least.
also, Avatar!
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

They opened up sec 201 and 217 (behind the stage essentially). I had 3 in my cart, I passed on them. Now it appears there are only a few singles left. There are still like 50+ VIP's lol
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

JUST STUMBLED ACCROSS THIS:

http://www.capitalcitytickets.com/Tool-Tickets

Site seems legit. They have cheaper tickets for these shows... Last i looked all the shows had available tickets.

Im not going to any shows but i figured Id post this and help you guys out.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Kittaan wrote:Hey Junior, nice to see you back.

If you have any background, and are able, can you shed some light on why no VIP in SD? Was it just the timing or something else?

Also, it seems pretty unlikely there will be any more CA shows (I was hoping for SF), can you confirm?
No idea on the VIP. That's out of my wheelhouse.
As far as I know, San Diego is the only California show location for this tour.

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
hellboy wrote:There ain't going to be any northern dates. No point holding out for them at this stage.
is that directly from the horses mouth or just an educated guess?
There has been no talk of shows beyond the New Orleans date (or prior to San Diego for that matter), so I think all the cities have been announced for this run.
The north was avoided because of January weather potentially causing delays in transport, etc. and wanting to get as many shows back-to-back in the time allotted. As it is, some of the over-nights are close to as far as you can safely plan to get everything/everyone there in time to do a load-in with good weather. Snow and ice could throw a wrench into things.
Logistically speaking, on an arena show, if the show ends at 10:30-11pm it will take at least 2-3 hours to get everything loaded out and into the trucks. The next load in ideally needs to occur at 8 or 9am to get the show up and running by that night. There are occasions where I've seen it done with an 11am load in, but it starts getting into dangerously fast work conditions at that point. Mistakes get made, and parts of the production start to get cut from the show when you are that late.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

edin wrote:Any know what that MIX section means?

Kittaan wrote: The MIX section is the sound/lights board.
Yes, that is (as Kittaan said) where the sound/lights/video/lasers are controlled from. The "Mix position", named after the sound mixer.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thanks Junior.

Save me a set list in SD!

(Just kidding)
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

junior wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Hey Junior, nice to see you back.

If you have any background, and are able, can you shed some light on why no VIP in SD? Was it just the timing or something else?

Also, it seems pretty unlikely there will be any more CA shows (I was hoping for SF), can you confirm?
No idea on the VIP. That's out of my wheelhouse.
As far as I know, San Diego is the only California show location for this tour.

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
hellboy wrote:There ain't going to be any northern dates. No point holding out for them at this stage.
is that directly from the horses mouth or just an educated guess?
There has been no talk of shows beyond the New Orleans date (or prior to San Diego for that matter), so I think all the cities have been announced for this run.
The north was avoided because of January weather potentially causing delays in transport, etc. and wanting to get as many shows back-to-back in the time allotted. As it is, some of the over-nights are close to as far as you can safely plan to get everything/everyone there in time to do a load-in with good weather. Snow and ice could throw a wrench into things.
Logistically speaking, on an arena show, if the show ends at 10:30-11pm it will take at least 2-3 hours to get everything loaded out and into the trucks. The next load in ideally needs to occur at 8 or 9am to get the show up and running by that night. There are occasions where I've seen it done with an 11am load in, but it starts getting into dangerously fast work conditions at that point. Mistakes get made, and parts of the production start to get cut from the show when you are that late.
thank you sir. I traveled and built stages for 3 years so I understand the North East winter logistics. I just refuse to be okay with it. but that's my shit and I just need to deal with it. :lol:
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

San Francisco show just announced via Toolband.com.

AN EVENING WITH TOOL IN SAN FRANCISCO (JANUARY 6TH)

TOOL will be performing live at the BILL GRAHAM CIVIC AUDITORIUM in SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6th. TICKETS for this "EVENING WITH TOOL" (meaning, no support acts) go ON-SALE this FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11 at 12:00 PM PST. Please note that there will be NO VIPS for this show.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004F86997610BB
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Should be an easy ticket to get!!!

:|
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:San Francisco show just announced via Toolband.com.

AN EVENING WITH TOOL IN SAN FRANCISCO (JANUARY 6TH)

TOOL will be performing live at the BILL GRAHAM CIVIC AUDITORIUM in SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6th. TICKETS for this "EVENING WITH TOOL" (meaning, no support acts) go ON-SALE this FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11 at 12:00 PM PST. Please note that there will be NO VIPS for this show.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004F86997610BB
Thanks for the heads up Norm! I was hoping there would be a NorCal show, so this is welcome news. However, sucks that it's at BGA again in that it's a zoo getting a decent spot. Better than it being at an arena like Oakland or San Jose though...

I may have to bag the SD trip now. Harder to justify if they're coming here.... glad I didn't yet pull the trigger on Saturday night tix.
Ki77aan :twisted: