Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by hellboy »

I don't think it's about whether they can do it or not, I think it's more about it being part of the Lateralus era shows, and if you weren't there to see them, then you've missed out.

I'd love to see the band giving them a run again as well, but I can't see it happening unless they do some kind of Lateralus celebration type show.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:I don't think it's about whether they can do it or not, I think it's more about it being part of the Lateralus era shows, and if you weren't there to see them, then you've missed out.

I'd love to see the band giving them a run again as well, but I can't see it happening unless they do some kind of Lateralus celebration type show.
I guess my hope lies in tours like this one, where I'm sure they're all kind of thinking this will be the last time in a while they're not touring with a "new album-centric" setlist, so if they're going to trot out any oldies this is the time to do it. Seeing them bring out No Quarter, Third Eye, You Lied, Flood, Hooker, Ticks and Leeches, and especially pushing Opiate so much, has made me think maybe they'll do it at some point like this upcoming tour. It's a longshot for sure.

Really looking forward to this run regardless though. I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that I'm going to get to see Primus open for them.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

They will never stop playing Stinkfist! You can count on that always being played at a Tool show.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

joeypants wrote:
hellboy wrote:I don't think it's about whether they can do it or not, I think it's more about it being part of the Lateralus era shows, and if you weren't there to see them, then you've missed out.

I guess my hope lies in tours like this one, where I'm sure they're all kind of thinking this will be the last time in a while they're not touring with a "new album-centric" setlist, so if they're going to trot out any oldies this is the time to do it. Seeing them bring out No Quarter, Third Eye, You Lied, Flood, Hooker, Ticks and Leeches, and especially pushing Opiate so much, has made me think maybe they'll do it at some point like this upcoming tour. It's a longshot for sure.

Really looking forward to this run regardless though. I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that I'm going to get to see Primus open for them.
Yeah I think if we're going to see song like Disposition / Reflection it would be on this type of tour. Surely they must also consider them as their prized songs and when they're looking to channel their best energy for new music, playing these types of tracks live would certainly help a lot. Either way, we've certainly seen some classics come out of the closet over the past couple of years, I also love the idea of more covers being played, like Spasm or a new one which was rumored a few tours back.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Like 8 hours left now boys.

Realistic: Similar setlist and same stage setup as the halloween show.
Dreaming: Replace the bass drone intro they've been using since 2006 with a new badass one that transmissions into Descending in its full with vocals.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I hope they keep The Grudge and No Quarter. Hopefully they amp up No quarter though, just seemed a little weak at Halloween. Adam did say in Rolling stone they would be changing up the set a bit, hopefully for the better. Also, we know none of the band members words hold any salt. But seeing The Grudge is definitely at the top of my list. We will find out soon.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Why not play disposition reflection triad? Its just pussy not to, you are all old, you arnt going after new fans. Its 30 min maynard doesn't have to scream.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I doubt we'll see no quarter, at least as an opener anyway. From lateralus, my guess is the patient, the grudge, parabol(a), possibly ticks and leaches, and lateralus for some shows.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Very unlikely setlists will vary too much between shows on this tour, much like every tour for the past decade.... Most likely cities getting two nights will have a couple song variation at best.

Heading out soon for the first SF show, and greatly looking forward to it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Generally cities with double nighters get one song change, well that's what we got down under 2 years back which was a little disappointing...thankfully the change up was to Opiate.

It's funny how we keep talking about the setlist changing for the 'better' even though they've pulled out some songs I thought would never see the light of day (including you lied and no quarter). Really hope they stick with the grudge and parabol(a) and we see more stuff off undertow. Prison Sex OTRM needs a cum back!
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Also hope everyone has a great night and they can fire through some updates on the date specific thread :D
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

Be careful of those scalpers in SanFran.... if you don't have a ticket. That TM ticket looked so real back in 2012.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

It's time to bring back Cold and Ugly.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

fortysixand2 wrote:It's time to bring back Cold and Ugly.
Maynard can't because he's ...... Scared as helllllllllll
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Did NOT expect that as an opener. Someone is updating live on setlist.fm!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Hope you guys who went tonight had fun.
► Show Spoiler
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Time for Junior to change his Linkedin picture

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Stage looks fucking amazing. GREAT lighting work by Junior. Can't wait to see this in person.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Is the shirt, right-of-center (with the at this point, somewhat old-ass design) the only one with all the tour dates on it? And the one left-of-center, a date-specific shirt?

Also, how much were they selling those sweet, sweet Calloway golf hats (bottom right) for?
Last edited by markuspoop on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I am pretty much over the merch thing, so I barely looked. I put one pic up in the SF 1/6 thread.

I heard (from AK-REV) Unsigned posters = $50 / Signed posters = $150 and I think the show specific shirt was $50.

If anybody wants more details I can probably check it out tonight. Let me know.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i want to know if tubes are provided for posters
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by Kittaan »

brewdog123 wrote:i want to know if tubes are provided for posters
They were not providing tubes last night. They were letting people bring in their own, but I would imagine it's venue specific. This has been discussed previously on FourthEye. Some good advice was given on how to get security to let you in with a tube if you're hassled.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan wrote:They were not providing tubes last night. They were letting people bring in their own, but I would imagine it's venue specific. This has been discussed previously on FourthEye. Some good advice was given on how to get security to let you in with a tube if you're hassled.
Might be worthwhile to have a pinned thread with info like this and other stuff pinned in this subforum.
Don't mow your lawn
trampis
My pain is just an excuse

Post by trampis »

I'm wondering if the set list will get cut back a few songs with Primus joining the bill.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

trampis wrote:I'm wondering if the set list will get cut back a few songs with Primus joining the bill.
are they doing songs together live? they should cross over. no way you waste an opportunity to bring out Primus to do a crazy drum-off with Tim or an Apple-lazer beam soaked bass-off with Justin and Les.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.