Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Tool Spring 2017 Tour

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

San Bernadino isn't a real place
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:San Bernadino isn't a real place
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I think I drove through such a place on one of my US escapades
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

San Bernardino is where that terrorist shooting took place a couple years ago. Anyway, I don't think think there's a proper venue there. Small college arena (5000) doing a quick google search. Makes more sense to go to Pasadena/LA/ Orange County/etc.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

What an odd choice for a venue. Maybe that's when they play the greatest hits and record the DVD [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Krazy_blah wrote:I don't think think there's a proper venue there. Small college arena (5000) doing a quick google search. Makes more sense to go to Pasadena/LA/ Orange County/etc.
San Manual Amphitheater is in San Bernardino. It has a HUGE lawn, venue fits 65,000 people total.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nousername wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:I don't think think there's a proper venue there. Small college arena (5000) doing a quick google search. Makes more sense to go to Pasadena/LA/ Orange County/etc.
San Manual Amphitheater is in San Bernardino. It has a HUGE lawn, venue fits 65,000 people total.
That'd be my guess as well. If there's no LA show I'd expect a decent sized crowd there (maybe not 65k though!)
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^Ugh. San Manuel Amphitheater? That place blows.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:^Ugh. San Manuel Amphitheater? That place blows.
Why? Looks like a typical outdoor venue to me. It blows just because it is outdoors, or for other reasons?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:
nxrm wrote:^Ugh. San Manuel Amphitheater? That place blows.
Why? Looks like a typical outdoor venue to me. It blows just because it is outdoors, or for other reasons?
1. Sound quality: I've been to a few "events" there and the sound quality is extremely poor. Could be the group(s), but I'm going to say it's the limitations of the venue.
2. Lawn/Seating: The vast majority of tickets for the venue sold are for the lawn. I'm going to say the lawn makes up almost 2/3rds of the venue (*edit: Seating is 10,902 people, while the lawn section seats 54,098 - so 5/6ths is more accurate). Limited actual seating. As with most lawn venues, the closer the better, particularly this place because of the sound issues. With so many people in the lawn section, everyone crams to the front. Good luck getting back to your spot if you need to leave for the bathrooms or to get your beverage of choice even before the show starts. You'll just end up further back in the lawn, listening to everyone sing-along to the car radio speakers on the side of the stage.
3. Parking: Massive dirt parking lot. Don't forget your GPS because after the show is over you'll need it to find your vehicle in the dust storm and headlight nightmare you'll be venturing in to.
4. Location to the high desert: The further the venue is from the high desert, the less likely those that chose to live in it will venture out to complicate things. Think Mad Max types. :lol:

*Don't get me wrong, if they end up playing there I'll go...I just think there are better venues in Southern California. 8-)
Last edited by nxrm on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

San Jose ticket price range: US $82.50 US $128.00
There is an overall 8 ticket limit for this event

Sacramento tix range: US $68.10 US $84.76
There is an overall 8 ticket limit for this event.
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Got tickets to San Jose and Sacramento. Gonna be great! Always love seeing Tool. Seeing Roger Waters, King Crimson, and Tool in June, gonna be a proggy month!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

And there it is...so be it! 8-)

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Some foresight there HB, freaking hell looks like a cali trip in june now...
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

From Wikipedia: "The San Manuel Amphitheater (originally Glen Helen Pavilion and formerly Blockbuster Pavilion and Hyundai Pavilion) is a 65,000-capacity amphitheater located in the hills of Glen Helen Regional Park in San Bernardino, California.

It is the largest outdoor music venue in the United States.The orchestra, box, and loge sections seat a combined 10,902 people, while the lawn section seats 54,098. It was constructed in 1982..."

I knew the lawn was big (having been on it), but it's even bigger than I thought. (Obligitory: that's what she said!)
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

So, who else will be joining me out in the beautiful Inland Empire for the show on the 24th?
I like to poop naked.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Seems odd? Also it being the last show. Are they actually pulling something off here?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote:Seems odd? Also it being the last show. Are they actually pulling something off here?
I doubt it. I think it's just a big venue to cap off the tour, and to give as many in the LA region as possible a chance to see them.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Yeah. I take it back. More likely they mistakenly booked too big of a venue, and now need to hype it with a photo to try and get a return. Hopefully we all get something worth while at these shows though. I'm never good at not looking at set lists.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Yeah venue is huge, have done knotfest both years there so far and seen other many festivals there. Actually my first concert was there ozzfest '99 ; black sabbath, Rob zombie, slayer, primus w/ buckethead, deftones, system of a down, fear factory, slipknot...was hooked going to concerts since then you could say!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Interested to see how many tickets they move to this. 65,000 is a shit load. Closest thing I can think of to compare with is Bonnaroo which has a capacity of around 80,000.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I didn't even try for tickets to SJ today... Couldn't bring myself to do it.

If a great ticket makes itself available near the date, I may give it to myself as a present... or not. I think I've seen them touring 10KD about a dozen times... jeezus, this is pathetic.
Ki77aan :twisted:
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Yeah I'm wondering how much of that venue they'll be able to fill too. Considering they added another show in san diego last tour due to selling out and high demand .... but then again it was a college arena not a huge 65k venue.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Kittaan wrote:...I think I've seen them touring 10KD about a dozen times... jeezus, this is pathetic.
:D I couldn't pull the trigger on tix yesterday either.
Sacramento-SanJose-San Bernadino...they forgot Bakersfield.
The SB show, that's the US Festival venue, Van Halen regional park ;)
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

azbay wrote:Yeah I'm wondering how much of that venue they'll be able to fill too. Considering they added another show in san diego last tour due to selling out and high demand .... but then again it was a college arena not a huge 65k venue.
Now I'm wondering if they're trying to curate their own music festival for this date, which might explain the non-announcement at this point? Probably just reading too much into it though. Patience...
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

That would be quite the weird festival date on such short notice.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.