Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Tool Spring 2017 Tour

Post by nxrm »

\m/ Ticket success! Actual seats! A center stage view. A bit farther back than I was hoping, but could have been a lot worse.

Hope everyone else out there got something good.

*There are hundreds of tickets for sale on StubHub at the moment. I'm not sure if these are "fans" buying tickets and trying to off load them, scalpers or whatever...it's just nonsense. :evil:
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

As long as you're under the top/in the actual seats your view is probably going to be pretty awesome.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

joeypants wrote:As long as you're under the top...
I'm not sure I've ever seen a canopy over any of the seats at Glen Helen/San Manuel (whatever it is they're calling it now). Shade is always welcome, but for some reason I think we'll be soaking in the sun that day.

My seats are just up that center aisle on the left side. Across from that small section of missing seats on the right.

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Yeah, somehow I got 5 seats in loge 7. See ya there!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

azbay wrote:Yeah, somehow I got 5 seats in loge 7. See ya there!
Sweet!!!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I wish I didn't buy my airfare already. Kind of pisses me off actually because I could have done 5 more days and 3 shows.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

lachrymologist wrote:I wish I didn't buy my airfare already. Kind of pisses me off actually because I could have done 5 more days and 3 shows.
I know what you mean. This piecemeal tour announcement has been frustrating to keep up with. I was originally tempted to buy tickets to San Jose or Sacramento, but then that Anaheim rumor popped up...so I waited...and started getting anxious...and nervous...and waited some more...but, here we are.

I am slightly concerned Tool's set for this San Bernardino show will be a bit shorter than the solo shows scheduled, because it is essentially a festival. Or maybe, if it does end up being the last date of the tour...they go out with a bang. History doesn't suggest that will be the case though.

Regardless, we've got Primus, The Melvins, that Crystal Method DJ set, and a surprise or two waiting to be announced. It's going to be fun.

Now...where are markuspoop and the chill? Did you guys get tickets?
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Its going to be an amazing time for you guys and gals that are attending. As far as a collaboration goes, I wouldn't bet on it. Its not out of the question that they cover something with another band. However the best I have seen was Morello ripping his strings out of his guitar with his teeth at Bonnaroo.

Good times
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Another you lied performance with buzz would be pretty awesome, if it's actually going to be the last date of this tour then hopefully we get something good, but agree we might get a shorter set.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

The last Tool show I attended was 2010. I'm definitely looking forward to this one, even though it's not in support of a new album (despite all of my complaints).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

nxrm wrote:The last Tool show I attended was 2010. I'm definitely looking forward to this one, even though it's not in support of a new album (despite all of my complaints).
You say that.

Yet, I've noticed you've been buying a lot of tomatoes lately.

Care to explain?
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Toolmato.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I couldn't pull the trigger for the San Bernardino show. I might buy a ticket closer to the date, but I saw them 3 times last year and have been lucky enough to see them a handful of times since 2010 when they started to play a couple of deep tracks each show. I have only seen them live since 2006 so it has been really nice to see songs that they haven't played since Ænima/Lateralus tours the last 6 years. Maybe I will see the setlist they are playing since the San Bernardino is the last show and buy a ticket. I have not seen the Melvin's or Crystal Method and I have seen Primus 3 times, so those bands are making it really hard for me to not buy a ticket. Also with it being the end of June it could be 100 plus fahrenheit, which doesn't sound fun with out shade. Long post short, I would like to meet up with you guys that are going to that show if I do go. I saw your post nxrm.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

the chill wrote:Also with it being the end of June it could be 100 plus fahrenheit, which doesn't sound fun with out shade. Long post short, I would like to meet up with you guys that are going to that show if I do go. I saw your post nxrm.
The 100+ degree heat doesn't usually kick in until July. June is pretty good. They don't call it 'June Gloom" for nothing here.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

the chill wrote:Also with it being the end of June it could be 100 plus fahrenheit, which doesn't sound fun with out shade.
Typical festival weather here in Oz. Toughen up princess!
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^hahaha, I will call this Tool shaming and I like it. Markuspoop, I didn't think the June gloom made it out that far. I am next to Oceanside so May and June are very comfortable. Let's hope we get a great June gloom day because I just had my first drink and I think you guys just talked me into it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^Hey Chill! Completely understand your dilemma. If not this tour, then when the new album is released. All good things man!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

the chill wrote:^hahaha, I will call this Tool shaming and I like it. Markuspoop, I didn't think the June gloom made it out that far. I am next to Oceanside so May and June are very comfortable. Let's hope we get a great June gloom day because I just had my first drink and I think you guys just talked me into it.
Not the most ideal venue for them but regardless, Melvins always melt every venue they play. Crystal Method are great too but I can't imagine what they're going to be like in a situation like this. Probably won't be anything like the times I've seen them play.
pickles22233
Maynard Believer

Post by pickles22233 »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Kevin Federline
hey your the closest ive seen to a correct answer. no for real though
pickles22233
Maynard Believer

Post by pickles22233 »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Kevin Federline
you are the closest to the correct answer.no really you are
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

What do y'all think the odds of Crystal Fairy playing are? It would be kind of funny given Crystal Method will be there, but so will Melvins and CF needs to tour already. They keep canceling their shows.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Who keeps canceling shows?...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Krazy_blah wrote:Who keeps canceling shows?...
Crystal Fairy. Apparently At The Drive In were offered shows during the same time as the Crystal Fairy tour and Omar chose ATDI.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

A week and a half until this tour kicks off, but here's my wish list (in no particular order):

Jambi
Opiate extended version
A/Descending
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus
Right in Two
Jimmy
The Grudge
D/R/T