Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Re: Tool Spring 2017 Tour

Post by Krazy_blah »

They'll most likely stick to a very similar set list, so I'm hoping for Jambi as the opener and Aenima as the closer. Best opener and closer of theirs in my opinion.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

^^ cheers for the Boston Calling show times HB

Anyone got any tips for seeing Tool in festival setting? Is it worthwhile getting there early and waiting in a prime front row position or better to just chill out sit back and watch from afar?

Edit: Also, setlist wise, as long as I get parabol/a and the grudge I don't care what else they play! Never seen these live and hoping they carry on the same song rotations from 2016.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Depends a bit on the layout BellJH - if there is some kind of D or T barrier type system, then I prefer to be inside that for the headline act at a festival. Depending on the size of the venue, this may or may not be easy to get into just as the set begins - you may need to plan ahead.

Rule of thumb at outdoor shows is that if you don't want the sound to be balls, make sure you're at least in front of the FOH
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

@bellJH. 1st rule of a festival. Get in front of sound board. I mean literraly back to the table. If u can't get there, go to a place that has a barrier, and u put your back against that. There is nothing worse that people at a festival. They just want to get CLOSER..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

thanks for the tips. Soundboard it is!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Happy to help. Just make sure you get there early and have plenty of water. And don't plan on leaving unless your with a few people.

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Is it even possible with sleep to get from Sacramento to San Bernadinho by the time the gates open... My math says no, too bad they didn't reverse the San Jose/Sacramento dates. Would have made things easier logistically.

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Anybody ever camp at Glen Helen before? That's what I am planning on doing. I don't believe that Sacramento is going to happen for me. Which is totally fine, give me a chance to recharge.

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

So apparently there is no camping available at Glen Helen that weekend. Fuck....

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Luckily I have a buddy who lives in Palmdale just about 30min away from the venue (San Bernardino). Have lawn tickets now, got refunded on my lodge ones, I was just at the Santa Barbara bowl for radiohead and the front row was AA. That being fresh in my mind gave up a set (5 tickets) in row D only to realize AA was the very last row this time! Anyhow looking forward to meeting any of yuz there!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Fuck...that sucks. Check your pm

bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

The Glen Helen show is like a club sandwich
Bay Area spreads it out like it's the Olympics
-Tool at the Tank - Wednesday, June 21
-Melvins at GAMH - Monday, July 10
-Primus, Clutch at the Greek - Friday, August 18

Requesting :ugeek:
-Fantomas at GAMH - Friday June 23 - The Warm Up gig! So they're fully lubed for SoCal pene-tre-shon
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

So lachrymologist is a badass and bought box seats for the San Bernardino show and has offered me the other ticket. Very stoked to be going to this show. I have been on the fence about going to this show for awhile now and lachrymologist made it happen. Thanks man! Nxrm I will keep in touch with ya and hopefully meet up with you again. Who else will be going to this show? So fucking stoked!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^Right on! I think I was checking out those same box seats that Lachrymologist bought. I was considering upgrading, but decided to stick with my seats. I'll be sure to stop by and say hey. Just a couple days until the first show of this tour. Very exciting!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I had to pull the trigger on those seats. Got them on ebay. The seller is legit and the tickets were like 2 for the price of 1 on all of the other ticketing sites. Happy to have been able to help out.

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

lachrymologist wrote:I had to pull the trigger on those seats. Got them on ebay. The seller is legit and the tickets were like 2 for the price of 1 on all of the other ticketing sites. Happy to have been able to help out.
Those were indeed the tickets I was checking out. So jealous! :)

Going to be a fun day.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I can't believe that's it's TOOL'S TOUR EVE. Time goes by so fast, I hope everyone attending these shows have a great time and are safe. I might have been able to stay away from the set list if my first show was in Rochester. Unfortunately I will be peaking at it, I have to wait until Vancouver to witness their brilliance.

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Fuck yeah man..Great Seats
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

^ @kittan clean this mess up if u can?

ncast2523
My pain is just an excuse

Post by ncast2523 »

VIP Spoilers

In VIP Adam mentioned playing something "old" - whatever that means.

At soundcheck the boys sans M were jamming the beginning of Wings. Danny had the big drum samples loaded up.

Got to see most of the new Opiate video - it's pretty sweet!

Adam also mentioned wanting to cover Cream - White Room on this tour but Maynard said no because they didn't send him the music soon enough for this tour.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

ncast2523 wrote:VIP Spoilers

At soundcheck the boys sans M were jamming the beginning of Wings. Danny had the big drum samples loaded up.

Adam also mentioned wanting to cover Cream - White Room on this tour but Maynard said no because they didn't send him the music soon enough for this tour.
Thanks for sharing the information. Were you in attendance or was this passed along to you/read somewhere else?

Just curious if you can share anything else that happened in the VIP.

Thanks again!
djm5052
Maynard Believer

Post by djm5052 »

ncast2523 wrote:VIP Spoilers

Thanks for sharing! I'm excited for tomorrow's show in Hershey PA.

Is there any opening band? I haven't read or heard about one for any of the early on shows???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

djm5052 wrote: Is there any opening band? I haven't read or heard about one for any of the early on shows???
Tool is pleased to announce that prog rockers the "ONCE AND FUTURE BAND" will be the support act from Fairfax, Virginia through to St. Paul, Minnesota. TOOL is also excited to bring their good friends "THE CRYSTAL METHOD" as support for the rest of the shows - beginning in Calgary, Canada through to the San Bernardino, California show.…
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The band's name is Once and Future Band?

That's the worst fucking name I've ever heard.
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

It's on serlist fm...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2017 ... 7cc63.html

I'm sure there will be plenty of unhappy people! Seems like a longer set though, no? I'm guessing production/stage is the same. Still looking forward to Chicago. I'm cool with it.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.