Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
Specter
Pencildick

Re: Tool Spring 2017 Tour (includes spoilers!)

Post by Specter »

Listen to their muscle memory
Mog, if you're out there, this one's for you.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Great setlist with Eulogy. Kinda tired of Maynard and is robocop attire but otherwise I can't complain. What the fuck is up with the Opiate video though?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Tool 2017.05.24 - EagleBank Arena - Fairfax, VA
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=592632
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Wow that was fast. Will skip that one, hopefully someone captured last nights show via the venues ALD feed. 8-)
▧▨▩
Maynard Believer

Re: New Tool Website

Post by ▧▨▩ »

Hershey last night, just wow. MJK in full effect. They played
► Show Spoiler
and I nearly shat myself. Drove home in afterglow.
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Yes! Got to see eulogy on August 11, 2001. Definitely one of my favorites. Love the vocal track with the sploit megaphone and real mic at the beginning. Dude used to do it with two hands, one for the megaphone, the other for a mic. Definitely a fitting song in the age of the orange menace.
“Casual Fan”
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Specter wrote:Listen to their muscle memory
Look dipshit, I have stayed out of here while you goofballs wax poetic about a song from an album released over 20 years ago. You want to keep me from bashing your beloved heroes on this latest greatest hits tour don't shoot posts in my direction.

Anyhoo wake me up if Tool ever gets around to releasing a new album or actually plays a new song.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

^lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Eulogy live is worth the full price of the ticket for me. Please Flying Spaghetti Monster have Tool play Eulogy for San Bernardino. That song and H are on the top of my live song wish list, with Prison Sex in a strong 3rd.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
Look dipshit, I have stayed out of here while you goofballs wax poetic about a song from an album released over 20 years ago. You want to keep me from bashing your beloved heroes on this latest greatest hits tour don't shoot posts in my direction.

Anyhoo wake me up if Tool ever gets around to releasing a new album or actually plays a new song.
How'd you read that post if you've been staying out of here? Are you a wizard? But even if so that means you were using your powers to check on this thread!

He's a witch!
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

For those that have been to these early shows- are those sides hi res LED screens, or curtains with projection? First thought was curtains but looking at some vids they look like higher resolution. Can't really tell right now..

[paging Junior] if no one knows.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Krazy_blah wrote:For those that have been to these early shows- are those sides hi res LED screens, or curtains with projection? First thought was curtains but looking at some vids they look like higher resolution. Can't really tell right now..

It's LED screens now. No projection on this tour.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

junior wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:For those that have been to these early shows- are those sides hi res LED screens, or curtains with projection? First thought was curtains but looking at some vids they look like higher resolution. Can't really tell right now..

Woo hoo!!!!

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:

How'd you read that post if you've been staying out of here? Are you a wizard? But even if so that means you were using your powers to check on this thread!

He's a witch!
Careful guys, he doesn't have any fucks left to give.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I really like the new light thingies on the riser (I think they're new anyway).

Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

junior wrote:

Gracias, senor Junior. Looks great as always.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I can't believe it's only 6 dollars to get into tonight's show. :oops:
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

People in Maine are lame as fuck, I have been there twice. Everything closes so early even gas stations close at 9, bars close at 10. There are exceptions obviously but I'm a bit disappointed with their general population not wanting to support the greatest LIVE SHOW currently performing. I don't care that it's their greatest hits tour. Rant over...for now

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

God damn Eulogy. Woulda lost my shit if i was there... 10 times ive seen the boys now and never been fortunate enough to catch the song that got me into em
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Is it just me, or is there some kind of subtle vocal effect on Maynard's "clean" vocals during that version of Eulogy? Some kind of auto-tune type thing?

Either way, the song and Maynard sound great. Very happy this is back in the setlist rotation.
whjeffs
Maynard Believer

Post by whjeffs »

junior wrote:It's LED screens now. No projection on this tour.
The screens are really good and whoever thought to leave that little gap in the center for the lasers to shoot out....BRAVO! The way they integrated with the video, especially with the new Descending visuals. Wow!
Opi8
Maynard Believer

Post by Opi8 »

Woo! 18 more days until Tool in Vancouver!

Almost 20 years of tool concerts under my belt, and this one has me the most excited!

Back in 2010, I took my wife to see them. Not only was it her first tool concert, but her first concert period! It absolutely blew her mind. I promised that I'd take her the next time they came around. Unfortunately, she was in a car wreck not to long ago. She's OK, but there's no way her head could take all the bright flashy lights and noise right now. So instead, I'll be taking my 11 year old step daughter! Just like her mom, she's never been to a concert, let alone one quite like this.

She's obsessing over my record collection, watching youtube videos, and making me buy her shirts so that she can be prepared. Last night I found her passed out wearing her opiate shirt, watching a bootleg of the 2010 show her mom and I attended. It was the proudest parent moment I have ever experienced. I almost cried.

I can't wait to see the look on her face as her brain melts.

Greatest hits set list or not, this is going to be insanely special for both her and I!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:Is it just me, or is there some kind of subtle vocal effect on Maynard's "clean" vocals during that version of Eulogy? Some kind of auto-tune type thing?

Either way, the song and Maynard sound great. Very happy this is back in the setlist rotation.
Nah. He is embellishing those trills more than he used to though. He sounds amazing! I remember people citing this as one he couldn't pull off anymore too.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Opi8 wrote:Woo! 18 more days until Tool in Vancouver!

Almost 20 years of tool concerts under my belt, and this one has me the most excited!

Back in 2010, I took my wife to see them. Not only was it her first tool concert, but her first concert period! It absolutely blew her mind. I promised that I'd take her the next time they came around. Unfortunately, she was in a car wreck not to long ago. She's OK, but there's no way her head could take all the bright flashy lights and noise right now. So instead, I'll be taking my 11 year old step daughter! Just like her mom, she's never been to a concert, let alone one quite like this.

She's obsessing over my record collection, watching youtube videos, and making me buy her shirts so that she can be prepared. Last night I found her passed out wearing her opiate shirt, watching a bootleg of the 2010 show her mom and I attended. It was the proudest parent moment I have ever experienced. I almost cried.

I can't wait to see the look on her face as her brain melts.

Greatest hits set list or not, this is going to be insanely special for both her and I!
That's cool. Hope she doesn't get a contact high, I worry about taking my kid for that reason. Also, remember to take some ear protection.

Enjoy the show.
Ki77aan :twisted: