General Tour Discussion Thread

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Re: General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by ilikecheese »

member's wear exclusive ho made 4e t shirts with the q's printed on them. wear them and have photo's taken, copywrite them with tool, sell them and all proceeds from within go to a charity.

wait...

ya...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

What I was hoping for doing shows after Mexico!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

More shows added this morning.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Good ol Fresno got in the mix. My little hometown. Good on em
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

See I toldst you so. Texas dates. Sucks that they aren't stopping in DFW, but I will take my ass down to Austin. Cedar Park was a good venue in 2010.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

i am pretty pissed they couldnt announce this tour all at once. i could have done more shows had they announced like every other band does
teedub
Bronco's Fan

Post by teedub »

Wish I could do the Vegas show, but it's my buddy's wedding that night. Oh well, they're playing in my hometown (San Diego) so I'll add that to the list, along with Portland and both SF shows.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

teedub wrote:Wish I could do the Vegas show, but it's my buddy's wedding that night. Oh well, they're playing in my hometown (San Diego) so I'll add that to the list, along with Portland and both SF shows.
every band needs groupies ;)
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Hell yes!!!! San Diego and Vegas hear I come! So stoked!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Come on, New Orleans. There's a big gap in that schedule.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants wrote:Come on, New Orleans. There's a big gap in that schedule.
They might add Florida... if somebody got off their lazy arse and actually set an avatar. No guarantees, but it would certainly increase the likelihood.
Ki77aan :twisted:
teedub
Bronco's Fan

Post by teedub »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
teedub wrote:Wish I could do the Vegas show, but it's my buddy's wedding that night. Oh well, they're playing in my hometown (San Diego) so I'll add that to the list, along with Portland and both SF shows.
*sigh* I know, I'm a sucker, but at least I'm not paying VIP for these shows.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

teedub wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
*sigh* I know, I'm a sucker, but at least I'm not paying VIP for these shows.
to give him credit... when he is 80 years old he will be able to say he went to a Tool soundcheck and met Adam, in a way lol.... If i had 500$ to spare for that i would probably do it too
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Count me in for Cedar Park. They kicked ass last time they played there.
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Not trying to stir shit honestly. Just don't get why you Tool fans are wishing for more dates when they should be in the studio right now working on the album. I do understand for the new fans that haven't seen them live, but for the rest of ya, it makes no sense. What better way to get a group motivated than to NOT sell out the venues. If they see empty seats MAYBE they will get motivated to get moving. They have absolutely no fear at all about losing fans. And don't tell me they don't care about that because fans equal cash. If people boycotted Tool shows until a new album is completed maybe they start to feel a little pressure to get it done. Again, just a thought, not trying to piss on anyone's parade. I gave my word I would chill on Tool threads and I intend on keeping it.
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:Not trying to stir shit honestly. Just don't get why you Tool fans are wishing for more dates when they should be in the studio right now working on the album. I do understand for the new fans that haven't seen them live, but for the rest of ya, it makes no sense. What better way to get a group motivated than to NOT sell out the venues. If they see empty seats MAYBE they will get motivated to get moving. They have absolutely no fear at all about losing fans. And don't tell me they don't care about that because fans equal cash. If people boycotted Tool shows until a new album is completed maybe they start to feel a little pressure to get it done. Again, just a thought, not trying to piss on anyone's parade. I gave my word I would chill on Tool threads and I intend on keeping it.
i think everyone here would rather Tool be working on an album instead of going on tour.... but its been announced that they are doing shows, everyone has accepted the fact that they are touring, so naturally the focus switches to wanting them to perform in their town..

of course we would prefer an album, but their touring, so were hoping for local shows.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

M0G wrote:Not trying to stir shit honestly. Just don't get why you Tool fans are wishing for more dates when they should be in the studio right now working on the album. I do understand for the new fans that haven't seen them live, but for the rest of ya, it makes no sense. What better way to get a group motivated than to NOT sell out the venues. If they see empty seats MAYBE they will get motivated to get moving. They have absolutely no fear at all about losing fans. And don't tell me they don't care about that because fans equal cash. If people boycotted Tool shows until a new album is completed maybe they start to feel a little pressure to get it done. Again, just a thought, not trying to piss on anyone's parade. I gave my word I would chill on Tool threads and I intend on keeping it.
For someone who "doesn't care" about Tool you sure do spend a lot of time writing essays about them.

If they come to your area, don't go. The rest of us can make our own decisions.

Geez, part of me now hopes Tool never releases another album and just tours like this from now on.
Last edited by Ravenpig on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I honestly have a feeling they'll play new material. They will probably prove me wrong though, which they have done for the past 3 years :cry:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ravenpig wrote:
For someone who "doesn't care" about Tool you sure do spend a lot of time writing essays about them.

Geez, part of me now hopes Tool never releases another album and just tours like this from now on.
Look dick I asked an honest question out of curiosity so chill the fuck out or take it to the Grudge.

@Z - I get it for you in particular, you have never seen them live. Just my fellow old timers that surprise me that they are jumping at another greatest hits tour. Don't get it. Thanks for answering though.

@Ettan - I hope they play some new shit for you buddy. You deserve it. Sadly I doubt it will happen.

Anyhoo thanks for the responses minus Raven. I will let you get back to, uh, whatever it is you do.
The most intelligent person on this forum
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Huh.......

In the Beyond The Lighted Stage doc from RUSH it mentions
about how bands back in the day always did their writing while on the road...

Hmmmmmm.........
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

M0G wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:

Look dick I asked an honest question out of curiosity so chill the fuck out or take it to the Grudge.

@Z - I get it for you in particular, you have never seen them live. Just my fellow old timers that surprise me that they are jumping at another greatest hits tour. Don't get it. Thanks for answering though.

@Ettan - I hope they play some new shit for you buddy. You deserve it. Sadly I doubt it will happen.

Anyhoo thanks for the responses minus Raven. I will let you get back to, uh, whatever it is you do.
Typical Mog response. Nowhere on there was I being a dick to you, but I said stuff you don't like so you bust out the name calling.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

ilikecheese wrote:Huh.......

In the Beyond The Lighted Stage doc from RUSH it mentions
about how bands back in the day always did their writing while on the road...

Hmmmmmm.........
because those old bands wrote about stories, events, and girls from the road. There wasnt too much deep spiritual music written on the road im sure lol.... I doubt Maynard could have wrote Parabol/a while on a bus with groupies. Maybe im totally wrong tho lol
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Well, it is possible he started writing Lateralus while on tour with APC.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:Well, it is possible he started writing Lateralus while on tour with APC.
well in the interview Maymay did with Joe Rogan he said his writing technique... he has to get the musci and go drive somewhere alone in his truck, with no outside distractions, no phone calls, no one but him, and he can write great music that way. He also said sometimes he dedicated time just to writing, not jsut whenever he can. like "this week im writing lyrics" which makes me think he can actually bust out some good lyrics relatively quickly
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Well, it is possible he started writing Lateralus while on tour with APC.
well in the interview Maymay did with Joe Rogan he said his writing technique... he has to get the musci and go drive somewhere alone in his truck, with no outside distractions, no phone calls, no one but him, and he can write great music that way. He also said sometimes he dedicated time just to writing, not jsut whenever he can. like "this week im writing lyrics" which makes me think he can actually bust out some good lyrics relatively quickly
drugs mate, drugs