General Tour Discussion Thread

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:Personally, I think taking a standalone camera to the show is asking for trouble regardless of what type of camera it is. Unless you're planning on sneaking it in, but if you're going to do that then there's no need to worry about the security policy in place (which should be outlined on your ticket or on the venues website). Phone's are fine, but expect security to flash lights at you unless you're using it discreetly.
Yeah no way I'm bringing a camera. But I will for sure take pics with my phone. I'm no where near the stage lol. And fuck em if they think my dim iphone screen is interfering from the balcony. I paid 70$ to see the band. I'm taking pics
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:And fuck em if they think my dim iphone screen is interfering from the balcony.
Well, I doubt that's what they are thinking...
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Have there been any summaries from the Q/A yesterday posted?
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

markuspoop wrote:Have there been any summaries from the Q/A yesterday posted?
Yes, check Spokane thread - just one, but it's something.
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Uh, I'm kinda trying to avoid that thread, I mean it has spoilers, right?

Or do all the spoilers have the spoiler dealie with it?
I like to poop naked.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

► Show Spoiler
From a much longer post in the Spokane thread..
Professor of Lesbian Science
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Cool, thanks.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Spoilers tag please people. The ONLY places you can post without these in regards to the current tour is in the show specific thread after the show, or in the Grudge thread.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:Spoilers tag please people. The ONLY places you can post without these in regards to the current tour is in the show specific thread after the show, or in the Grudge thread.
I edited out everything but the questions to Adam... how are questions to him a show spoiler?
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

basejumper wrote:
hellboy wrote:Spoilers tag please people. The ONLY places you can post without these in regards to the current tour is in the show specific thread after the show, or in the Grudge thread.
I edited out everything but the questions to Adam... how are questions to him a show spoiler?
It relates to the show and therefore is a spoiler. Not to mention the fact it had photos of merch, which some may also consider spoilers.

Please use spoiler tags when in doubt.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Haha, who the fuck doesn't want merch spoiled?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:Haha, who the fuck doesn't want merch spoiled?
Stranger things have happened. Let's just play it safe, it's not that hard to click the spoiler button.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

► Show Spoiler
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

sounds like a new song to me
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Reminds me too much of Lateralus
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

hellboy wrote:Interesting to read that both Adam and Justin seem to have different guitar techs this time around. Aaron Harris is doing Danny as well, so none of the three seem to have their "regular" techs working with them. Will Maynard still be able to Schleyer?
It's really all about availability, and a "last minute" 3-week tour didn't fit in to some people's schedules, as they were busy with other bands.
Joe (Danny's long-time tech) has a prior commitment during the last 2 weeks of this one, and Aaron has a commitment during the first week, so they are splitting the duties. Joe is currently on the tour, with Aaron to join soon.
Schleyer is off doing something else (he's a busy guy), so a guy (Tim) who has covered for him in the past is out here this time as Adam's tech. Another guy (Pete) is looking after Justin. Pete has toured with A Perfect Circle, so he's not a stranger to the organization.

Maynard has had no issues with throwing in "Schleyers" when he's not around, so I expect it to continue.
There are a number of "Schleyers" in the "APC: Stone and Echo Live at Red Rocks" film (airing on US cable channel AxsTV this coming Saturday night), and I think he wasn't there for that.
Be sure to watch it with captioning on to catch them all.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

yeah this is getting ridiculous now.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

@Junoir...nice, love he phenomenal work you and your team do man! I was able to give you praise after the APC show in Vegas (before new years) before security ushered me out after you gave a wave (after the show of course haha!)
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Seriously!? haha yeah man I love seeing what merch is available, doing the VIP when they hit my area, and after seeing that merch already planning a couple of those white shirts and tour posters too of course! gives me at least an idea of what contributions I will be giving to these guys that I haven't already done!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

azbay wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Seriously!? haha yeah man I love seeing what merch is available, doing the VIP when they hit my area, and after seeing that merch already planning a couple of those white shirts and tour posters too of course! gives me at least an idea of what contributions I will be giving to these guys that I haven't already done!
Yeah seeing a $5 shirt at best with Tool printed on it for $50 sends shivers up my spine, total toolgasm.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

yeah never really understood the show specific tour shirts, I had the pleasure of feeling bent over when I cashed out for a 10K day sweater (like what $70-$80) to only find it in TB for $35!? only shit with dates on it will I spend $$ on
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Not Tyson wrote:
Yeah seeing a $5 shirt at best with Tool printed on it for $50 sends shivers up my spine, total toolgasm.
Careful Tyson. Almost starting to sound like M0G
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

junior wrote:It's really all about availability, and a "last minute" 3-week tour didn't fit in to some people's schedules, as they were busy with other bands.
Joe (Danny's long-time tech) has a prior commitment during the last 2 weeks of this one, and Aaron has a commitment during the first week, so they are splitting the duties. Joe is currently on the tour, with Aaron to join soon.
Schleyer is off doing something else (he's a busy guy), so a guy (Tim) who has covered for him in the past is out here this time as Adam's tech. Another guy (Pete) is looking after Justin. Pete has toured with A Perfect Circle, so he's not a stranger to the organization.
Thanks for the clarification Junior - I was snooping around earlier before and Schleyer's Facebook page suggested he was helping out with Green Day, so that being the case I guess he was busy in Oz last week at Soundwave.

All the best for the tour!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

This is totally off the wall but whatever. Is it possible that Tool goes into a concert practiced up on 15 songs or something and then they kinda wing it on a few sections. Let Maynard see how he's feeling, Adam starts playing a riff and then that's the song they play? I might have done a bad job explaining this. But my point is I'm not convinced they have the whole setlist, song for song, planned out exactly pre show.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:This is totally off the wall but whatever. Is it possible that Tool goes into a concert practiced up on 15 songs or something and then they kinda wing it on a few sections. Let Maynard see how he's feeling, Adam starts playing a riff and then that's the song they play? I might have done a bad job explaining this. But my point is I'm not convinced they have the whole setlist, song for song, planned out exactly pre show.
I understand what you're saying, but I would hazard to guess that Junior may need a little more than a couple of seconds warning to get the video stuff queued up in time. Not saying it's impossible, but a little tricky I imagine.

Also, from what I remember reading Maynard picks the setlists (I presume in consultation with the other 3 of course). My guess is they have a 15 or so songs in the "pool" and they will be played over the course of the tour. I still think that
► Show Spoiler
are some chance to be trotted out this tour. And hopefully another "new" track or two.