General Tour Discussion Thread

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: General Tour Discussion Thread

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Just so I know once the tour starts (I plan on going to Cedar Park and want to avoid spoilers), is this thread spoiler free?
I will announce this closer to the tour, but this thread will be the only one (aside from the show specific ones) that will tolerate spoilers. Everywhere else in the forum will be spoiler free.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Notice from the last tour:
We're a week away from the next Tool tour, and as usual there are those who will be attempting to avoid setlist and other show spoilers in order to heighten their Tool experience. Â Over the next week I will be creating a review thread for each show on the tour, and these threads are the only place where setlists will be tolerated. Â Moderators will be instructed to remove posts containing setlists or any other spoilers without any warning.

The only exception to this is with the use of the Spoiler tag (found in the tool bar above the comment editor). Â make sure you clearly indicate the spoiler pertains to the Tool shows and setlist. Â To use the spoiler tag, type the text you want to hide, highlight it and then click the spoiler button. Â It's the one that looks like a smiley face with sunglasses.

[spoiler]Maynard didn't sing the end of Vicarious.[/spoiler]

Trolling will also not be tolerated in the review threads.  Those who attended the shows are welcome to post negative reviews if required, however there will be little tolerance display towards those with negative comments about the shows if they weren't actually there.  If you have a problem with how Tool are playing, or what songs are in the setlist, then the tour discussion thread is the place to go (with spoiler tags where necessary).

To those of you who are trying to avoid spoilers - my suggestion is to keep out of the Asia Pacific Tour 2013 altogether. Â Moderators will try and be vigilant and remove spoilers, however we can't be everywhere, and as such I can't make any guarantees.

Happy posting, and I hope everyone who's able to catch a show this tour has a great time.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I know. That whole post just screamed of butt-hurt and fanboi superiority.

Oh, and Ascension5: Can't you just get your father to order it, then you write him a cheque for however much it is? Why do you need to know the exact amount right now?

I bet Jones is really looking forward to meeting you.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Just so I know once the tour starts (I plan on going to Cedar Park and want to avoid spoilers), is this thread spoiler free?
I will announce this closer to the tour, but this thread will be the only one (aside from the show specific ones) that will tolerate spoilers. Everywhere else in the forum will be spoiler free.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just avoid the whole "Tool Tours" forum completely.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just avoid the whole "Tool Tours" forum completely.
That would be the safest course of action.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Me too. Although my show is 3rd in line so I won't have to avoid it too long
Ascension5
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Ascension5 »

The Boss wrote:I know. That whole post just screamed of butt-hurt and fanboi superiority.

Oh, and Ascension5: Can't you just get your father to order it, then you write him a cheque for however much it is? Why do you need to know the exact amount right now?

Yes, I could write him a check, I could estimate it would cost around $550 and that would be fine. I just thought I could get closer to an exact price and it would be more convenient.

I sincerely didn't mean for that post to have an air of superiority, there are plenty of other fans and collectors who have put far more into their interest in Tool--my point was more that I've spent that amount on them over the years, why is it any different spending the same amount in one sitting? Especially if it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience?
"Breathe in Union--so, as One, survive." - Jambi, Tool

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
7. 22. 2011 - A Perfect Circle
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
11. 5. 2013 - Nine Inch Nails
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
trustinmeandfall

Post by trustinmeandfall »

the chill wrote:That Sunday is my birthday! 3:16 the year of our lord 1985! I am the chosen one (see John 3:16). So I like to think they came to SD just for my birthday. Thanks Tool! ;)
Can't think of a better birthday present than that
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Ascension5 wrote:
The Boss wrote:I know. That whole post just screamed of butt-hurt and fanboi superiority.

Yes, I could write him a check, I could estimate it would cost around $550 and that would be fine. I just thought I could get closer to an exact price and it would be more convenient.

I sincerely didn't mean for that post to have an air of superiority, there are plenty of other fans and collectors who have put far more into their interest in Tool--my point was more that I've spent that amount on them over the years, why is it any different spending the same amount in one sitting? Especially if it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience?
I'm don't really care that your spending $500 for a VIP, more power to you, but why do you feel the need to give Tool so much money? You weren't suppose to take hooker with a penis literally.

Giving Tool money doesn't make you a better fan of their then someone who pirated all of theirs.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:
Giving Tool money doesn't make you a better fan of their then someone who pirated all of theirs.
Sure it does
Ascension5

Post by Ascension5 »

Not Tyson wrote:
Ascension5 wrote:

I'm don't really care that your spending $500 for a VIP, more power to you, but why do you feel the need to give Tool so much money? You weren't suppose to take hooker with a penis literally.

It's a hobby of mine to collect the physical albums of the artists that I really love, otherwise I just buy their music on the computer. There is something to be said for holding a physical album, in my opinion. The fact that I got into Tool and later grew to be interested in vinyl records is why I own both the CDs and records. The additional stuff is just because I want to remember my experiences at shows, and I enjoy meeting up with people in music stores and guitar shops who go, "Hey man, I like your shirt!"

I never argued it makes me a better fan, because you can have just as ardent fans who have never touched one of their albums in their lives, absolutely. It's not about status or something, it's just my way of appreciating them involves buying mementos, is that reasonable?

EDIT: ^ Which is not to say that not buying all those things would mean I would appreciate them any less, I get that. I just like to have them.
Also, Hellboy and other admins, I apologize for this carrying on here, I imagine if it continues we can move it to the Bicker thread?

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Ascension5 - what you're saying is reasonable. You shouldn't feel like you have to explain yourself in detail. Communication on the web can get so tedious sometimes, but kudos for not lashing back. Enjoy the show.
Ki77aan :twisted:
trustinmeandfall

Post by trustinmeandfall »

hellboy wrote:When I drove from LA to SD it didn't seem quite as long and boring as marcus makes out. If it were only a couple of hours drive to see Tool I can't think of anything that would stop me.

Edit: I went down the highway along the coast rather than the inroad route.
Agreed, wouldn't think twice over a couple of hours
Ascension5

Post by Ascension5 »

Kittaan wrote:@ Ascension5 - what you're saying is reasonable. You shouldn't feel like you have to explain yourself in detail. Communication on the web can get so tedious sometimes, but kudos for not lashing back. Enjoy the show.
Thank you, I will try and keep that in mind next time. I certainly will! You as well, if you're going to any.

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh he is. VIP from what I hear :)
Hey! Denty!
Jool

Post by Jool »

Ascension5 is the man.
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
Ascension5

Post by Ascension5 »

Jool wrote:Ascension5 is the man.
If I'm the man, then he's the man, and you're the man as well...

6. 20. 2010 - Tool
1. 20. 2012 - Tool
3. 24. 2014 - Tool
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

He sure is, did you see how much money he has spent on Tool merchandise?

I mean man, I thought I was a fan.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Word.

Even the vinyl!
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Ascension5, welcome to fourtheye. Here is a group shot of the fourtheye gang. Learn to swim.

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ascension5 wrote:
If I'm the man, then he's the man, and you're the man as well...
Touché hahaha
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Am i going to have to join TA to get vip tickets for az? Or do you think they'll offer them on toolband? Kinda thinking az won't sell out on VIP tickets (at least hope not) with it being the last scheduled show so far it is going to be a ball buster not reading any spoilers. My other half not so on board shelling out 1k for a show but obviously wants to be with me at the show, kinda funny she doesn't care about all the other stuff just wants to be with me in good seats
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

azbay wrote:Am i going to have to join TA to get vip tickets for az? Or do you think they'll offer them on toolband? Kinda thinking az won't sell out on VIP tickets (at least hope not) with it being the last scheduled show so far it is going to be a ball buster not reading any spoilers. My other half not so on board shelling out 1k for a show but obviously wants to be with me at the show, kinda funny she doesn't care about all the other stuff just wants to be with me in good seats
so would you pay $1000 for a VIP pass and a seat by your girl? Not me lol.... if she was going to the show and wanted to sit by me i would give up on my VIP pass and not get one before i paid 1000$... just sayin
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

this being my 12th time seeing them figure it would be worth the experience, her knowing how much I love seeing them live was about the fly me to one of the san fran shows before the new dates came out, so she figured what she was willing to pay that she can live with a vip experience.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

You do not have to join TA to buy VIP tickets, though they do get a pre-sale on them. The regular toolband store has VIP tickets on thd other shows for sale right now.
Hey! Denty!