Tool - 27th April 2013 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, VIC

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool play the famous Rod Laver Tennis Arena in the city of Melbourne for the first of two shows on Saturday the 27th of April.  According to the Ticketek website the running times are:

Box office (Red Booth): 5.30pm
Outer doors: 6pm
Superbox access: 6.45pm
Inner doors: 6.45pm 
Support: 7.30pm
Interval: 8.10pm
TOOL: 8.40pm
Finish: 10.40pm

Times are subject to change, and it wouldn't surprise me if Tool were on a little earlier as there is no support act.  Make sure you're there for 8pm and I'm sure you'll be right.  Note this show is completely sold out, though there may be tickets available in the trading thread.

For those interested in meetups there is a Fourtheye & TA Gathering happening at Young And Jacksons starting at around 3pm that afternoon.  There's a Facebook page for those interested.

If wine tasting is more your thing, then you can attend Sip & Listen's free wine tasting session at the Post Office Hotel on Swan Street Richmond.  Runs from 4-7 and if the wine takes your fancy you'll be able to order some on the day.

Any discussion relevant to the show may be posted in this thread, including spoilers.  Those wanting to avoid them should leave now...
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Enjoy the show fuckers.  Can't say I'm not jealous.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

You lucky Aussie fucks...I wish I was seeing Tool in 4 days
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Thanks for details and setting this up HB.

Is it just a matter of showing up to the Post Office Hotel on the day for the wine tasting? Or do you need to grab a ticket somewhere? Sorry if this has already been posted, I must of missed it! I've also noticed a few cheap GA tickets on gumtree for both nights for anyone still immmming and arrrrrrring...
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

264zn said 
Is it just a matter of showing up to the Post Office Hotel on the day for the wine tasting? Or do you need to grab a ticket somewhere? 

No ticket needed as far as I'm told.  It is first in first served, and they expect to be busy, so if you get there later in the even then there's a chance there may not be any wine to taste.  Tell them you're a Fourtheye reader though and I'm sure they'll sort you out...

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

hellboy1975 said

264zn said 
Is it just a matter of showing up to the Post Office Hotel on the day for the wine tasting? Or do you need to grab a ticket somewhere? 

No ticket needed as far as I'm told.  It is first in first served, and they expect to be busy, so if you get there later in the even then there's a chance there may not be any wine to taste.  Tell them you're a Fourtheye reader though and I'm sure they'll sort you out...

"Yeah I'm Tyson from Fourtheye"

I'd likely get stabbed

264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Tyson said

hellboy1975 said

264zn said 

"Yeah I'm Tyson from Fourtheye"

I'd likely get stabbed

haha yeah, I'll just get there early I think - cheers for the heads up HB
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

there is a Fourtheye & TA Gathering happening at Young And Jacksons starting at around 3pm that afternoon.

although I'd no knowledge and wasn't invited, I'm likely to stop at Y&J solely for the purpose of taking out a couple guinness.  That and it's location relative to Flinders Station, but mostly for guinness ... not sure what time or for how long
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Oh wow. I'm going to this Tool show. What a coincidence.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Calfium Jay said

mate, what will you be wearing?  I'll look for you in the crowd and proceed to mentally undress you once found!
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

petemasterpete said

mate, what will you be wearing?  

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

On second thought, I was hoping you'd have more of a tranny look, possibly with faux breasts and nipple rings... on the other hand, you should be quite easy to find... enjoy the gig
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

petemasterpete said

Calfium Jay said

mate, what will you be wearing?  I'll look for you in the crowd and proceed to mentally undress you once found!

Won't you be able to visually undress him like you do the rest of your murder victims?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

Enjoy The Show !!!

Can't wait to see the setlist..

;-}~
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

ilc said

petemasterpete said

Calfium Jay said

Won't you be able to visually undress him like you do the rest of your murder victims?

no... i kill them, actually undress them completely and then... well, it's not rape if it's dead, right?!
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Have a blast. Jealous. Come on youtube segues!!!

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Can't wait to hear them synth doodles.....
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

not that it'd matter to too many around these parts, but if you didn't have tix to tonite's gig, it appears there are several available via gumtree below face, including GA
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Hope everyone going to tonight's concert has a safe travel. I'm leaving now and i have a 90min drive ahead of me.

Cant wait!
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

Nice pic, dude!

Keep 'em coming!
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

I'm just grabbing them off twitter

Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

No word on setlist yet

Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

[spoiler]Sober[/spoiler]

azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Nice! saw in the general tour forum they had a pic of the posters, nothing specail,  I'm state side working a night shift so just waiting for more pics and setlist!