Tool - 27th April 2013 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, VIC

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Holy shit.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Post by Righteousfervor »

Hooker with a Penis opening track and Lateralus and Sober played too according to Twitter
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Also few reports Maynard seems ill? Maybe not performing so good?
Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Hooker With a Penis 

Vicarious 

Sober 

Schism 

Pushit 

Intension 

Lateralus 

Encore:

Jambi 

46&2 

Aenima 
Stinkfist 

Righteousfervor
Bronco's Fan

Pretty much dead on last tour set couple of changes
Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

That's about right. Intermission before Jambi went for 12 mins (there was a countdown).

Yes, Maynard was his distant self. Literally only sang half of Vicarious (and started it too early). Was constantly drinking water the whole night. I hope he was sick, because that's the only excuse for putting in a half-arsed performance. If not, the other members should seriously consider pissing him off.

Sober was the highlight. He pulled that off.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Brendan said
That's about right. Intermission before Jambi went for 12 mins (there was a countdown).

Yes, Maynard was his distant self. Literally only sang half of Vicarious (and started it too early). Was constantly drinking water the whole night. I hope he was sick, because that's the only excuse for putting in a half-arsed performance. If not, the other members should seriously consider pissing him off.

Really sorry for anyone that wasn't 100% satisfied with the performance. All we ask as fans is that we get what we pay for, and have come to expect. TOOL have always set the bar very high, so it's unfortunate when they don't meet those expectations.

I'm guessing His Royal Nardishness was sick from the temperature difference and the flight. I know from experience what that kind of travel can do to you. And he's no spring chicken, hey.

sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

ya I'm sure Maynard was "sick". Seems to happen every time he play with tool. Then he plays with pucsifer and he's all over the stage,  doing some lame synchronized dances with carina lol. i hope the rest of the tour shapes p for you guys
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Brendan said

If that is true, than you have very low expectations. How can you put fucking Sober over Pushit?? 
Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

I was 100% satisfied with everything but Maynard. The cock should remember he's one of four instruments and doesn't make Tool. Imagine if Danny decided not to play half a song.

Anyway, it was still awesome. But it was the standard hits and lasers. Nothing new.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

sublime5446 said
ya I'm sure Maynard was "sick". Seems to happen every time he play with tool. Then he plays with pucsifer and he's all over the stage,  doing some lame synchronized dances with carina lol. i hope the rest of the tour shapes p for you guys

I CANNOT believe I'm going to do this:

But I think TOOL is a liiiiiittle more demanding, physically, than PUSCIFER.

Fuck, I just defended The Righteous Nipple-Rubbing Nardohoolio. One of the signs of the Apocalypse, yeah?

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

badkittygothgirl said

Brendan said

If that is true, than you have very low expectations. How can you put fucking Sober over Pushit?? 

Yeah, this basically means that everything sucked except for one of their most basic, vocally, songs (fuck you all, it is).

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Posters are $40 ($30 last year) and signed $140 ($120 last year).  Not happy about the rehash of the posters, but i am happy that somehow the merch guy fucked up and gave me for free a SIGNED Big Day Out 2011 poster! 
PaulB
Maynard Believer

Post by PaulB »

I only cruised past the merch stand and didn't really take a detailed look at what they had, but I noticed some kind of Opiate Re-Issue that they were selling for $1000. Can anyone confirm this or any further details?
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

It's like Adam tries to pick the shittiest stock font after Comic Sans that he can find for their posters these days.
lipanconjuring
of Arimathea

Post by lipanconjuring »

I figured they would drop an Opiate track or two as well, in timing with the reissue and whatnot. Guess not.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Apart from a few screw ups i thought it was a great concert. Laser show was awesome, and what about the fucking massive[spoiler] glitterball that i think represented an alien spaceship[/spoiler] that was hanging from the roof. Tacky and fucking cool at the same time!
lopunny
Maynard Believer

Post by lopunny »

What time do you think I should line up tomorrow to have a nice spot near the front?
Brendan
Bronco's Fan

Post by Brendan »

Paul Borazio said
I only cruised past the merch stand and didn't really take a detailed look at what they had, but I noticed some kind of Opiate Re-Issue that they were selling for $1000. Can anyone confirm this or any further details?

I didn't see that. T-shirts were $50 though.

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

lipanconjuring said
I figured they would drop an Opiate track or two as well, in timing with the reissue and whatnot. Guess not.

I was hoping for an Opiate track too, esp Cold and Ugly. 

Did anyone notice that HWAP had like an alien voice mod added to Maynards voice with the megaphone? I sneeked in a Zoom H2n and recorded the whole concert and just listening to it now i can def hear it. Right at the end of the song, when the music stops, Maynard says something and its def there. 

Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Paul Borazio said

It said $1000 for 4 copies, didnt say which copies but i would imaging 4 different ones. Price just went up a little, Adam must be watching eBay!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Hotdog said

lipanconjuring said

Did anyone notice that HWAP had like an alien voice mod added to Maynards voice with the megaphone? I sneeked in a Zoom H2n and recorded the whole concert and just listening to it now i can def hear it. Right at the end of the song, when the music stops, Maynard says something and its def there. 

Yeah, that should be uploaded on the interwebs like yesterday.
I like to poop naked.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Hotdog said

lipanconjuring said

Get that shit on some download site ASAP.