Tool Stuff on eBay

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Tool Stuff on eBay

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:Maybe Problem 8 is embedded in a set of Lamborghini brake pads?
Right under our noses! Those tricky bastards.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

basejumper wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:What do you think a mooch is?
To take advantage of others for personal gain.

I don't think David is taking advantage of Danny. For all we know it could have been traded to him for changing the brakes on Danny's Lambo or creating the intricately hidden way Problem 8 has been released to the world. Maybe Danny just gave it to him. To me it doesn't really matter that he is selling it. If I were famous I would give my family all kinds of stuff like this so they can do whatever they want with it, be it selling, trading or keeping. Get some of that money away from the record companies, managers, etc.
If I gave you something that you didn't really have a need for and you decided to sell it would that make you a mooch?
He's mooching off his notoriety.

I'm not saying it in a bad way, but it is what it is.
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Professor of Lesbian Science
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Been gone for a while now but I thought I would check back in with this:

Brings new meaning to the idea that Tool will sign everything but the kitchen sink

Kinda tough to tell if the signatures are legit, being that signing inside a sink basin would be very tough to do and might produce results that are far off of what I am used to seeing.

DC's septagram is all sorts of funky, May-jays sig has a K with it (something he seems to have stopped doing recently), and Adams doodle is not as crisp as I am used to seeing.

Maybe this was signed long ago, maybe its a fake (most likely), or maybe its legit and the seller just sucks at writing item descriptions.
My experience with eBay has always been when someone doesn't talk a lot about the item there is usually something wrong with it.

I thought this might be another DC's brother sale, but the U/N's don't match up.
Seller originally had it listed for $800 BiN, now they are down to $600. So wait another week and it will probably drop another $100-$200.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I dunno if that above signed sink is legit but I do know that in the past the band has signed at least one kitchen sink as part of a radio promo.
I like to poop naked.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

markuspoop wrote:I dunno if that above signed sink is legit but I do know that in the past the band has signed at least one kitchen sink as part of a radio promo.
Good to know that. Thanks for the information.

Home Depot lists the sink from $89 to $99. Signed and doodled prints sell for about her asking price minus the cost of the sink.

So if you really want one of those "one of a kind" pieces of merch this might be a good buy.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Yeah, back when I lived in Maryland the local radio station, DC101, was doing a week-long promo when Tool came to town. Like a caller a day would win 2 tickets to the show and would be entered in to win a bigger, grand prize on Friday (with the show being on a Saturday, I think). That grand prize being like a bunch of merch, maybe like backstage passes, meet-and-greet, stuff like that.

I think the band (or someone associated) may have taken issue with just how much stuff the radio station was asking the band to provide for this grand prize and made the comment of "This radio station is asking for everything but the kitchen sink" and that morphed into the band actually signing a kitchen sink to use as part of the giveaway. And a signed sink did become part of the grand prize. Or so the radio dj said.

Now I have no idea if the ebay sink is the same sink that somehow made its way from the DMV-area to Minnesota or if the band has signed multiple sinks in their time. Or if they've signed no sinks at all.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ So what you're saying is.... you like to poop naked.

Did I get that right?
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

For the most part. Got the idea from George Costanza.
I like to poop naked.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

markuspoop wrote:Yeah, back when I lived in Maryland the local radio station, DC101, was doing a week-long promo when Tool came to town. Like a caller a day would win 2 tickets to the show and would be entered in to win a bigger, grand prize on Friday (with the show being on a Saturday, I think). That grand prize being like a bunch of merch, maybe like backstage passes, meet-and-greet, stuff like that.

I think the band (or someone associated) may have taken issue with just how much stuff the radio station was asking the band to provide for this grand prize and made the comment of "This radio station is asking for everything but the kitchen sink" and that morphed into the band actually signing a kitchen sink to use as part of the giveaway. And a signed sink did become part of the grand prize. Or so the radio dj said.
Cool back story. Thanks for sharing.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not on EBay, but this seems like the appropriate thread for this:

On Danny's site, still available as of now, under specialty:
Description
Each one comes SIGNED in purple ink along with a HAND-DRAWN esoteric symbol by Danny. A very limited number available. Price: $100.00. To have the signed drum head PERSONALIZED: $150.00. Limit One per customer.
http://shop.dannycarey.org/default.asp

There are also 2 new shirts available.

Description
Highly-personalized component of a hierophantic mandala (gateway) used to connect with magical radiations and forces.

Description
Magically charged aspects of Elizabethan Magus John Dee’s SIGILLUM DEI AEMETH. Front contains Danny’s name spelled with a composite of the English-Enochian alphabet.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Drum heads and sticks sold out in only a few hours.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Well I had a nicely written/formatted post about some "new" items on eBay. Seems my browser didn't like the reload and deleted it all for me. Here is what I basically wanted to impart

Opiate Reissue Version 3 or 5?
Seller says it is unopened. Doesn't really matter though since all the golden tickets have been ID (what ever happened to that anyways?)

Not too often seen 2009 NOMAD SLC print
Don't see this one surface too often.

Adriana Tree/Woman Print?????
Not too sure about this last one. Never seen it before and its not on EB as far as I can see. Legit? Fan Art? Dunno...
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Insert
Maynard Believer

Post by Insert »

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

COUNTERFEIT!!!!

AEnima has never been released on colored vinyl.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

http://www.discogs.com/Tool-%C3%86nima/master/1402

Ænima ‎(2xLP, Album, Unofficial, Gat) Zoo Entertainment (3), BMG (2) 72445 11087 1 US 2008
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Counterfeit or not, $71 is a bit high for my liking, and I doubt this will hold it's value like the original vinyl release.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Try again. Discogs used to be a good source but now they just list anything, including counterfeit albums.

Here is THE source for all things TooL vinyl.

http://toolvinyl.com/tool-vinyl-buyers-guide/
Insert
Maynard Believer

Post by Insert »

I still don't get how a seller with 100% positive feedback on 700 reviews can be selling counterfeit stuff
levba

Post by levba »

Anyone get their signed DC drum head? Mine was dated 10/17/13. I don't see any shows related to that date. The only thing I can find is that Tool were practicing at that time...working on their "epic" new song. I'd be happy to know the drum head was used in the making of an "epic" Tool song.

Oh ya...the drum sticks I ordered as well are super beat up...awesome!
levba

Post by levba »

hellboy...why am I a Bronco's fan? I guess its better than me being an actual Lion's fan which I am...sigh.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Insert wrote:I still don't get how a seller with 100% positive feedback on 700 reviews can be selling counterfeit stuff
Your post was stuck in limbo because apparently you never PM'd Hellboy to get you out of poster's purgatory as I suggested back in Sept. I moved you to Registered Users so you should be good now.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Insert wrote:I still don't get how a seller with 100% positive feedback on 700 reviews can be selling counterfeit stuff
Did you check out the link I posted? AEnima was never released on colored vinyl, therefore, the link you inquired about is a counterfeit album. Plain and simple. Hope you didn't spend too much money on it.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl wrote:
Did you check out the link I posted? AEnima was never released on colored vinyl, therefore, the link you inquired about is a counterfeit album. Plain and simple. Hope you didn't spend too much money on it.
Hey Kat. Guess it cost some sucker over $100, including shipping. What a rip.

I have always wondered about the dumbasses who use MP3 sources for the boots. This is especially puzzling for tracks that can easily be found on at least FLAC quality. Those bastards are lazier than Tool!

I have never and will never buy a bootleg because that is just encouraging the fuckers to keep doing it AND discouraging the band from releasing official stuff.