Tool Stuff on eBay

HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Re: Tool Stuff on eBay

Post by HarrySeaward »

iloveposters wrote:Not sure what all the fuss is about the SF 2010 poster but here it is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Poster-San ... 4d1a220406
It's amazing and personally my number one must desired piece of Tool memorabilia. I just can't afford it whenever it goes up on eBay. Sigh.
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

HarrySeaward wrote:
iloveposters wrote:Not sure what all the fuss is about the SF 2010 poster but here it is

It's amazing and personally my number one must desired piece of Tool memorabilia. I just can't afford it whenever it goes up on eBay. Sigh.
I personally don't see the appeal as to why this is such a desired piece and why it's on so many people's wishlist. I think Adam has done better work (not the fishes). Also, I believe the item is only going for about $70 more than face value.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

iloveposters wrote:
HarrySeaward wrote:

I personally don't see the appeal as to why this is such a desired piece and why it's on so many people's wishlist. I think Adam has done better work (not the fishes). Also, I believe the item is only going for about $70 more than face value.
I agree. The 2010 Seattle poster is the shit however...
RJ MacReady
Maynard Believer

Post by RJ MacReady »

iloveposters wrote:
HarrySeaward wrote:

Yeah but theres still 4 days left on that auction. I'd be surprised if it went for anything south of $375. The last one I saw on ebay was unsigned and sold for $200.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

This is the one you should be pining for:

2010 Sacramento

Most valuable/rare modern era single print. Something like 30 exist in fan possession.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
RJ MacReady
Maynard Believer

Post by RJ MacReady »

bigboy55693 wrote:This is the one you should be pining for:

2010 Sacramento

Most valuable/rare modern era single print. Something like 30 exist in fan possession.
I remember awhile back someone here came across one. Was it you bigboy?
rgardjr
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 wrote:This is the one you should be pining for:

2010 Sacramento

I agree with you that it's a rare poster, but isn't that valuable to me. I know that one showed up on Ebay last year and sold immediately for big bucks, and then the second one popped up right after and has been trying to sell it ever since. I wouldn't spend money to frame that poster-it just doesn't appeal to me. For my money there is a long line of posters ahead of that one that I'd be more interested in. You used to be able to get original artwork for that price, but who knows any more.
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

How is it that only 30 posters can exist in fan possession? Sounds like folklore to me.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
nsfw dave
Bronco's Fan

Post by nsfw dave »

iloveposters wrote:How is it that only 30 posters can exist in fan possession? Sounds like folklore to me.
the prints were pulled off the merch booths. i think it had something to do with adam being unhappy with how they came out.
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

nsfw dave wrote:i think it had something to do with adam being unhappy with how they came out.
This is my understanding too. Looking at the poster it's understandable.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I was at the Sac show and remember looking for the posters and only seeing previous show posters. I wasn't that interested in getting one so didn't really think much of it.

Someone posted here long ago about picking up a couple from some dude in the parking lot. Speculation was that one of the venue merch dudes snagged a pile and went into business for himself for a bit.
Ki77aan :twisted:
HarrySeaward
Bronco's Fan

Post by HarrySeaward »

I personally just want the SF 2010 poster because I was at the show, my first Tool show. The fact that it's gorgeous is just a plus.

Is it really a wanted item?
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

rgardjr wrote:
nsfw dave wrote:i think it had something to do with adam being unhappy with how they came out.
Folklore to me. Highly unlikely that Adam/TOOL (since they all share profits) would limit the ability to make money off of Posters because he was "unhappy" with how they came out. It's not like Adam saw them for the first time when they first arrived to the venue. It's not like Adam would lose sleep over one show's poster. I mean come on he has created worse crap than the poster being mentioned. Fishes anyone?

Merch dude stealing posters for personal profit? Maybe. Adam not allowing 200 or more posters to be sold for profit? Folklore.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

rgardjr wrote:I agree with you that it's a rare poster, but isn't that valuable to me.
Oh agreed. As far as band member created prints it is the most valuable.

EMEK's prints are the most valuable of all the commissioned artists, well his variants are at least. If I had the scratch I would splurge for his prints.

Remember about a year ago someone got rid of their EMEK tool prints. He had nothing but variants. 5 total prints took in more then $4700. One sold for $2200 alone. I think it was the foil cyberman if I am not mistaken.

Rgardjr you have something more rare than a variant though. You have the original screen for EMEK's 2001 Berlin right?
Last edited by bigboy55693 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

iloveposters wrote:It's not like Adam saw them for the first time when they first arrived to the venue.
Posters were not finished printing until about 2 hours before doors for Dallas night 1 2012 (The smelliest poster ever created btw)
We had to wait 20 minutes at merch for the signed prints to show b/c the band was still signing them when doors opened.
So yes, sometime he does see them only shortly before they go on sale.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

San Fran night 2 signed - Opening at a decent price
San Fran Night 1 and 2 - Nice to see them together. Is it the way he took the picture, or do the two prints not line up exactly? Dallas 1 & 2 2012 were like this
VIP Package Goodie w/ signed VIP Print @ $30 w/ 2 days left

And this one would be a favorite of Mog's (or w/e his U/N is now):
Stinkfest Promo CD
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
rgardjr

Post by rgardjr »

bigboy55693 wrote:
rgardjr wrote: Rgardjr you have something more rare than a variant though. You have the original screen for EMEK's 2001 Berlin right?
You have a good memory. I purchased the original artwork from Emek for his first Tool poster in Berlin. He sent the original drawing with his hand cut rubilyth overlay and the films used to make the separations for the screens to print the poster. This was back in the days of analog-the artwork was drawn to scale for the poster. The rubilyth was cut with an exacto knife to create the separations for the different screens to print the posters. I uploaded the pictures of these over at expressobeans.com I did have a long conversation with Adam about this artwork back in 2006. Eventually he probably would have talked me out of it, but I think he thought that I was full of shit when I told him that I had bought it.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

iloveposters wrote:
rgardjr wrote:
Folklore to me. Highly unlikely that Adam/TOOL (since they all share profits) would limit the ability to make money off of Posters because he was "unhappy" with how they came out. It's not like Adam saw them for the first time when they first arrived to the venue. It's not like Adam would lose sleep over one show's poster. I mean come on he has created worse crap than the poster being mentioned. Fishes anyone?

Merch dude stealing posters for personal profit? Maybe. Adam not allowing 200 or more posters to be sold for profit? Folklore.

Not folklore. Nomad printed the posters for 09/10. I became fb friends with some of the guys and they confided in me on a few things. Adam was not pleased with the Seattle 2010 poster b/c they changed the TooL font. He gave them quite the tongue lashing over it. Then when he saw the Sacro poster and saw they changed the orientation of the art from horizontal to vertical he had the posters pulled. There was quite a discussion about it in one of the previous versions of Fourtheye. I really wish I knew who was printing the posters from 2012 to current.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

rgardjr wrote:
bigboy55693 wrote:
rgardjr wrote: Rgardjr you have something more rare than a variant though. You have the original screen for EMEK's 2001 Berlin right?
You have a good memory. I purchased the original artwork from Emek for his first Tool poster in Berlin. He sent the original drawing with his hand cut rubilyth overlay and the films used to make the separations for the screens to print the poster. This was back in the days of analog-the artwork was drawn to scale for the poster. The rubilyth was cut with an exacto knife to create the separations for the different screens to print the posters. I uploaded the pictures of these over at expressobeans.com I did have a long conversation with Adam about this artwork back in 2006. Eventually he probably would have talked me out of it, but I think he thought that I was full of shit when I told him that I had bought it.
Just went and checked out your pics on EB, and all those variants. So sick. Wish I was old enough to be into rock music and art prints back then. It was the golden age.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

A friend of mine turned me onto pearl jam concert prints, some good stuff there, sorry just not into pearl jam but can respect the art the approve for their shows pretty sick. With this skull being recycled through out the tour actually reminds me of the most recent Radiohead concert prints they had, was the same image each stop with concert venue info but a different color
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

$1000

$2000
Professor of Lesbian Science
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Fuck all that!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Fuck all that!
Preach on.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Only the VIP's at CP got the really expensive stuff (Drum heads and signed SF set)

That red skull one looks great. Good detail. Not worth 300% markup though.

The fish looks like it was banged out in about a min.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

Via Toolband.com

31 March, 2014 (12:31pm)
"72826" TOOL DEMO FOR SERIOUS COLLECTORS

For serious collectors of Tool memorabilia, there is a copy of the "72826" TOOL DEMO CASSETTE on eBay. Now, maybe some one will let me know if a copy of the book "Visitors from Lanulos" shows up for auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-DEMO-CASSE ... 3cdecff3e8

edit: Not sure how the seller is related to the band, but the seller has many rare items in great condition
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT