Tool Stuff on eBay

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Tool Stuff on eBay

Post by not tyson »

Seems as fanatical as the stalkers is all.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Being fanatical and being a stalker are two different things to be honest. Kat is far to busy doing Zombie cosplay to stalk any Tool member.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I just don't like being told that's all I need to know, screams exclusivity

AND I WANT IN :evil:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I know people who know people. I would tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

I see a tramp stamp and it tells me she takes it up the ass.

You are right, I'm far too busy for haters, but you scalp fellow TooL fans and I will call you out on your bullshit any day of the week.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

I wonder how this guy got the collection?

He contacted me on my signed print sale asking for a trade of his Phoenix for my CP.

I wonder if he bought a stack of signed, 15 or so at one stop, and traded them out to other people on the tour.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
goinlow254
Maynard Believer

Post by goinlow254 »

So I guess I wasn't paying 100% attention when I was there, but in Houston they had past shows' posters available for purchase. Do they ONLY offer the signed version of the 'night of' poster? I guess its pretty unlikely that they end up with leftovers of the signed versions though... if he didn't travel to all the shows, the logistics of completing that many trades in such a short amount of time involve, at the very least, some serious cooperation with USPS... more than I can normally get.
goinlow254
Maynard Believer

Post by goinlow254 »

Well.. he's updated the picture

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-13-autogra ... 27e16fc1bb

Looks like he really has all of them... signed... maybe he did in fact have some trades in progress.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

He went to all of the shows and purchased multiple posters at each show. He supports his habit by scalping others. He is the same one that sold TWO Opiate sets for $1500 each and bragged about it in TooL groups. He claims it was to help someone in Australia that couldn't purchase from TA or TooLband and that he had no control over what happens on ebay. I'm sorry dude, but I bought three Opiates for international friends and sold them for face value b/c that is what you do for other members of the TooL family. Sadly, this douchenozzle has to buy his "friends".
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

The only way I would do what he "did" was if I was a lottery winner and told no one about being a 150+ millionaire. I could travel wherever the eff I wanted to. Go to as many shows as I wanted to, and buy as much merch as I wanted to.

I am not that impressed that he collected all of these.

I would be impressed if:
1) He bought 13x VIP's and had the prints/swag to prove it. (I am sure Adam would do something special if you kept showing up at VIP)
2) The tour was more than 13 stops and over a larger geographic area.
3) If Tool didn't print a bazillion of these damn prints (still fuming about that one)
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

^ explain the difference is quanity available compared to past tours pleasse...
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

The past tours, the posters were numbered. This go around, it seems like more posters were printed and they are not numbered so we don't know for sure.
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

iloveposters wrote:^ explain the difference is quanity available compared to past tours pleasse...
A) tours pre 12'- start issuing posters on a very "limited" availability.. several hundred numbered at the most per show. ( which included the VERY FEW signed ones)

B) low supply with a moderate demand, causes ~increased demand~ and prices to ~skyrocket~

C) tours 12'- current- insanely high demand for "limited edition tour posters" - stop numbering the posters ( cant tell how many have been printed), sign a shitload of them (sub-par artwork), charge insane prices, print as many as people will buy. a good number of people believe they are getting "limited prints" (like before).. they most certainly are not. ( go check Ebay, or think of how many people you know that wanted them and really couldn't get one)

D). $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
https://www.flickr.com/photos/46018790@N03/sets/

Audio-Technica u853 (c/o)
Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

In SF, during the VIP Merch session (1st night), I saw a HUGE stack of poster boxes. I would estimate many more than past tours. upwards of 1,000
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't think it's quite as contrived as you make it out to be. All they're done is recognised a demand and are trying to find a way to meet it and minimise the work they need to do. Unfortunately that means it's take some of the magic out of it, for me at least anyway...
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

hellboy wrote:I don't think it's quite as contrived as you make it out to be. All they're done is recognised a demand and are trying to find a way to meet it and minimise the work they need to do. Unfortunately that means it's take some of the magic out of it, for me at least anyway...
not sure "contrived" is the right word.. but,the facts remain.. the poster quality has went way down, and having one of the "limited non #d 1/1000) isn't really the same as having one of the "limited #d 1/250 (having better artwork)

your'e right.. the "magic" is gone.. unfortunately. I have "a fish" for sale for that exact reason..just not interesting at all.

Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

nameloc wrote:
hellboy wrote:I don't think it's quite as contrived as you make it out to be. All they're done is recognised a demand and are trying to find a way to meet it and minimise the work they need to do. Unfortunately that means it's take some of the magic out of it, for me at least anyway...
not sure "contrived" is the right word.. but,the facts remain.. the poster quality has went way down, and having one of the "limited non #d 1/1000) isn't really the same as having one of the "limited #d 1/250 (having better artwork)

your'e right.. the "magic" is gone.. unfortunately. I have "a fish" for sale for that exact reason..just not interesting at all.
Supply. Demand.

Not sure what the issue is here.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
nameloc
Bronco's Fan

Post by nameloc »

The Boss wrote:
nameloc wrote:

Supply. Demand.

Not sure what the issue is here.
no issue. just a commentary on (IMO) the quality and overall "specialness" suffering due to mass producing something to meet high demand. I guess that pretty much goes for everything though..eh.

it is what it is.

Denecke PS-2
Sony MZ-M100 HI-MDs (x2)
Sony PCM M10
XXXX X-X
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

sage

No one will fight you on this. Indeed, I've been the most vocal on this subject.

Just . . . what's the fucking point, you know?
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Agreed. Luckily, the only poster I was interested in (Cedar Park) was gifted by some friends for getting online with them to buy Houston tix. We had a conference call set up and it took us an hour, but we got it done. It was stressful even though I was buying tix for a show I wasn't going to.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Agreed. Luckily, the only poster I was interested in (Cedar Park) was gifted by some friends for getting online with them to buy Houston tix. We had a conference call set up and it took us an hour, but we got it done. It was stressful even though I was buying tix for a show I wasn't going to.
You rock, Kitty. I'm sure a few of us would agree with me.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

I appreciate that. There seems to be a haterwagon campaign against me b/c I outed a scalper that has to buy his friends. I don't give a shit. Those who know me know I'm fiercely loyal, have nothing but love for my TooL family and will defend what is right, even if I cause a few sandy vaginas along the way.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I appreciate that. There seems to be a haterwagon campaign against me b/c I outed a scalper that has to buy his friends. I don't give a shit. Those who know me know I'm fiercely loyal, have nothing but love for my TooL family and will defend what is right, even if I cause a few sandy vaginas along the way.
Fuck. I take a week of from FE, and shit goes weird.

I'm pretty sure most of the real TOOL fans appreciate your loyalty. Everyone else can suck a fat one.

Man, remember when we all listened to TOOL and rode spirals? Good times.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Oh, and for what it's worth (not that you need it), I'll always have your back.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fuck'em Kat. They are clueless.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:Fuck'em Kat. They are clueless.
M' boi.