Bronco's Fan

Post by cesaro »

Lotte Kestner 

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

petemasterpete said
New Sigur Ros, June 14th:

Holy shit yes. I've never quite been mystified by these guys like everybody else, but this song is gold. It might inspire me to dissect their discography a bit more.

"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

petemasterpete said
New Sigur Ros, June 14th:

OUTSTANDING.

Sigur Ros has been one of my favorite bands since the first time I heard Ágætis Byrjun.  This heavier direction they are taking works fantastically well.  Glad to see them stretching and trying new things.  Really looking forward to Kveikur.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Promising sounding new Sludge Doom Metal band Erlen Meyer from France:

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Not bad.
Don't mow your lawn
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

@HB - Good shit.  Quite a few solid post metal bands coming out of France these days.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

June is shaping up to be quite a nice month of releases

'Tomorrow's Harvest' 
Monday 10th June 2013 (Tuesday 11th in N. America)
http://cosecha-transmisiones.com

Pre-order:
Bleep: http://bit.ly/ZM6Dbi
iTunes: http://bit.ly/11RmQdP
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
bonestorm
Maynard Believer

Post by bonestorm »

Check out this one from Hibernal.  It's a concept album that tells a story as it goes along.  Something a bit different I guess.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Three great albums have come out recently.  The Ocean's new album, Pelagial, is an absolute fucking masterpiece.  I am not exaggerating when I say this.  It is one of the best albums I have ever heard.  It is essentially one long piece, divided into sections that represent the five pelagic depth zones.  This album absolutely must be experienced from beginning to end with no interruption.  It is one hell of a journey and one you will not tire of during subsequent listens.

The next album, Heart of Oak, comes from a prog rock outfit out of Vancouver called Anciients.  There is an Opeth influence here but it is by no means derivative.  At times there is a bit of a stoner vibe, even a hint of Sludge mixed in.  Great album.

The last album is from NZ rockers Beastwars.  Their latest, Blood Becomes Fire, is a "beast" of an album, no pun intended.  Balls to the wall Stoner/Sludge monster.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Mogonaut said
Three great albums have come out recently.  The Ocean's new album, Pelagial, is an absolute fucking masterpiece.  I am not exaggerating when I say this.  It is one of the best albums I have ever heard.  It is essentially one long piece, divided into sections that represent the five pelagic depth zones.  This album absolutely must be experienced from beginning to end with no interruption.  It is one hell of a journey and one you will not tire of during subsequent listens.

The next album, Heart of Oak, comes from a prog rock outfit out of Vancouver called Anciients.  There is an Opeth influence here but it is by no means derivative.  At times there is a bit of a stoner vibe, even a hint of Sludge mixed in.  Great album.

The last album is from NZ rockers Beastwars.  Their latest, Blood Becomes Fire, is a "beast" of an album, no pun intended.  Balls to the wall Stoner/Sludge monster.

Never heard of The Ocean but god damn is that song good. keep up the good work of putting me on to great bands. that's like 3 already in the past two months. powerful Fourth Eye ripple effect.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Our Mogatesticle is good like that.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

MACGYVER said
Our Mogatesticle is good like that.

yeah he's a sick fuck with the music.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Song Reader by Beck Hanson is 20 sheets of piano.guitar and lyric -tabs? No audio.

Last night at a the Rio in Santa Cruz, California he played a few new tunes:http://www.spin.com/articles/beck-new-s ... ng-reader/

Tonight in San Francisco, PopUpMagazine is hosting a Song Reader issue: http://popupmagazine.com/ at Davies Symphony Hall.

live magazine: http://www.sfgate.com/style/article/Pop ... 584220.php

jmj tweet after popup show..."21 May The true essence of @Beck #songreader was revealed at the brilliant @mcsweeneys event last night at Davies Symphony Hall in SF. So fun."

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Fate Is Your Muse - Devil To Pay

Found these guys yesterday. I think a lot of people here would appreciate them.

http://ripplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/fate-is-your-muse
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Mog where you at son!!!??? wait until this drops and we get to hear the full version of "The Dark Horse" straight prog metal insanity.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NYHCster said
Mog where you at son!!!??? wait until this drops and we get to hear the full version of "The Dark Horse" straight prog metal insanity.

^ Word.  Makes my dick hard.  Scale the mother fucking Summit man

and new Mouth of the Architect coming this month.  Fuck yeah!

oh and check this good shit out from Chile

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I got the new Anciients and like it, but I can't help feeling like at this stage it's just a lesser Mastodon? Don't get me wrong, they've got a cool sound and are obviously very talented. I guess I'm more curious to see where they go and what they grow into because to me it just sounds like reheated Mastodon.

Also got the new album by The Ocean. Really dig the instrumental version (sorry, vocalist!). Doesn't blow my socks off or anything, but it's a really solid prog-metally album.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Don't be scared, just hit play....

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Mogonaut said

NYHCster said

^ Word.  Makes my dick hard.  Scale the mother fucking Summit man

and new Mouth of the Architect coming this month.  Fuck yeah!

oh and check this good shit out from Chile

another new Scale The Summit joint "Oracle"

doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

NYHCster said

Mogonaut said

Never heard of The Ocean but god damn is that song good. keep up the good work of putting me on to great bands. that's like 3 already in the past two months. powerful Fourth Eye ripple effect.

No offense but that song was nothing special. Not even anywhere near masterpiece material. There are way better bands out there than that.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

no offense but how do they sound any different from what was posted above?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

All post metal/rock sounds the same to me.  I'm sick of the whole genre to be honest - it's been done to death.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

It sounds boring.