Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Intronaut

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

New album, entitled The Direction of Last Things, out November 13th. Additional headlining shows announced as well. My dick is hard. That is all.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Awwww. I was hoping they'd come back to the Bay. Well, I'm sure it won't be long.
Ki77aan :twisted:
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:Awwww. I was hoping they'd come back to the Bay. Well, I'm sure it won't be long.
They are, previous page, just not headlining. Touring with Between the Buried and Me. San Fran on Nov 28. Worth a see. I wasn't a big fan of BTBAM but the new album Coma Ecliptic is a masterwork. You really should give it a listen. Some screaming but much more clean vocals, prog mastery.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

They're going to do plenty more touring after this one as well.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

joeypants wrote:They're going to do plenty more touring after this one as well.
Which one of the fellas is providing you with dis inside info? They are all cool as fuck. Now change your avatar and jump on the fanboy train. Dammit I wanna be the conductor! Fine fine here *hands over the controls*

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I talk to Sacha a little bit, mostly about dumb shit like podcasts, Clickhole etc. But I mean, those guys are real road warriors so it's not a shocker they're going to do a lot more touring off this album.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

joeypants wrote:I talk to Sacha a little bit, mostly about dumb shit like podcasts, Clickhole etc. But I mean, those guys are real road warriors so it's not a shocker they're going to do a lot more touring off this album.
Right on. I only talked to Sacha briefly when I met those guys but I chatted with Joe for awhile. Completely down to earth bunch of dudes. Joe is a freakin monster on bass. Was stoked to read the blurb from Sacha where he said he thinks this is their best album to date.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'm sure everyone thinks that of their latest work though. Haha. If not, you probably fucked up.

They're all incredibly awesome guys. In person I've hung out with all of them a bit and it's always a fucking blast. Thanks to them, Joe especially, I got to hang out all night with one of my all time guitar heroes (Brent Hinds). We drank, smoked tons of weed, then had a gun pulled on us. It was lovely.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

joeypants wrote:I'm sure everyone thinks that of their latest work though. Haha. If not, you probably fucked up.
Pretty much, I hope it is a great album (and no doubt it will be) but band members are rarely a good indicator of this.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
joeypants wrote:I'm sure everyone thinks that of their latest work though. Haha. If not, you probably fucked up.
Pretty much, I hope it is a great album (and no doubt it will be) but band members are rarely a good indicator of this.
Agreed. Still nice to see the band are really excited about the material. As for how it will stack up against past albums we shall indeed see. It is interesting that they decided to go back to a heavier sound. I figured they would build on the direction they took in Habitual Levitations. No doubt it will have its own unique vibe. They are way too talented to rehash ground they have already covered.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

They say that, but I mean all the tracks I've heard still seem to progress. TONS of super, super proggy/poly kind of stuff even if it maybe leans a bit heavier. Those broad terms are so fucking subjective though, more so when you wrote it. Fact is, they've always had lots and lots of heavy sections so... basically it's going to be a badass new album from one of the best/most promising prog-metal/heavy acts today. Can't wait.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants wrote:basically it's going to be a badass new album from one of the best/most promising prog-metal/heavy acts today. Can't wait.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

joeypants wrote:basically it's going to be a badass new album from one of the best/most promising prog-metal/heavy acts today.
^ No doubt about that. Those fellas are so in sync with each other when they play and you can tell they absolutely love what they are doing. I won't be able to catch them during their tour with BTBAM as it falls mid week and I doubt they will get the chance to play a full set with the number of bands on the bill. I never know exactly when my work day will end and I refuse to deal with rush hour city traffic. If they were stopping by here during their Headlining shows I would think about taking the day off and making a day of it, but sadly they won't be hitting Baltimore or Washington this go around. Hopefully they come back around in the Spring headlining.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

New Intronaut song, Fast Worms, off upcoming album The Direction of Last Things. Fucking fantastic!

[youtube][/youtube]
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:New Intronaut song, Fast Worms, off upcoming album The Direction of Last Things. Fucking fantastic!
That was great!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Amazing track. Crazy musicianship and excellent writing. Salivating for this one. They just keep getting better.

@ Mog - who turned you on to this band? :lol:

PS - Now that's how you do Cookie Monster... use it like a spice (a tasty one) not the main course.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:
@ Mog - who turned you on to this band? :lol:
You good sir and I thank ye for it. Intronaut is one of my favorite bands no doubt about it. Amazingly talented group of musicians.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:PS - Now that's how you do Cookie Monster... use it like a spice (a tasty one) not the main course.
I agree. I was about ready to give up early on but am glad I stuck with it.

That new Deafheaven track is just a bit beyond my appreciation though. Whenever I hear Death Metal I always think of Scrubs...

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:Whenever I hear Death Metal I always think of Scrubs...
I remember that, LOULZ.

Notable exceptions for me so far: Opeth (although I will skip tracks), Isis, Baroness, Mastodon and a few others. I've seen every one of those bands live and that made all the difference. Live, it makes so much more sense and blends in like another instrument. All of them have excellent clean vocals too.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:
nxrm wrote:Whenever I hear Death Metal I always think of Scrubs...
I remember that, LOULZ.

Notable exceptions for me so far: Opeth (although I will skip tracks), Isis, Baroness, Mastodon and a few others. I've seen every one of those bands live and that made all the difference. Live, it makes so much more sense and blends in like another instrument. All of them have excellent clean vocals too.
Hey old man you forgot Meshuggah! I thought you were a fan?

For me I have no problem at all with screaming/growling (or as you say....cookie monster vocals). I am not a huge fan of Black Metal per say since the screaming tends to sound more like screeching, although that isn't always the case. There are some great Black Metal bands out there. Overall I prefer a deeper, more powerful style when it comes to loud/heavy vocals.

I do understand where you are coming from though. For some people it is a vocal style that just doesn't work for them. The bands you mentioned all do a great job of combining heavy and clean vocals, although Baroness really never came across as heavy vocally to me. Great band no doubt tho. Bottom line it is a hard thing to do well.

I am really stoked for this new Intronaut album. I can hear elements of all their prior albums in that one song. The beginning absolutely felt like a nod back to the Null/Void days. I could hear a little Prehistoricisms, a little Valley of Smoke, and a little Habitual Levitations, particularly in that middle section. Nothing felt recycled though, just little sections here or there that remind me of different albums. Fucking love Intronaut man. So glad I got to see them live. Hopefully will happen again this year or next. Really wish they were hitting the area headlining. I enjoy BTBAM but I would rather get a full Intronaut set.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

That new song is fucking terrific. Especially digging the progression of their clean vocals. When that first clean stretch hit I fanboy'd out a bit, I'll admit.

Most anticipated album of the year for me. And also bummed they weren't headlining their tour straight away. Obviously I get why it makes more sense for them to join this tour but still... they overshadow all those other bands in my opinion in the live environment.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Intronaut's new album The Direction of Last Things available for pre-order.

http://www.indiemerch.com/intronaut
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Noice! Pre-Ordered.

Thanks Moggie.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Red and Blue 3D poster? Really? I don't know. Hopefully, it doesn't look like shit without the glasses.
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

First review out for The Direction of Last Things

http://skullsnbones.com/intronaut-the-d ... um-review/