THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Intronaut

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I can't wait for this album. Intronaut and Isis are my favorite "new to me" bands of the last few years.
Hey! Denty!
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Ravenpig wrote:I can't wait for this album. Intronaut and Isis are my favorite "new to me" bands of the last few years.
Crazy that you just recently got into Isis. Such an amazing band. Did you ever get the chance to catch them live?

I am stoked for the new Intronaut album as well. I love how they keep trying different things and making it work. I really didn't see this change in direction coming but man has it worked well in Fast Worms and Digital Gerrymandering. Proggy and technical while still maintaining the solid unmistakable groovy fucking Intronaut vibe. Joe on that bass and Danny pulling out the crazy on them drums. Sacha and Dave playing off each other. Great shit.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

No I didn't get a chance to see Isis live. When they were around I paid little attention to them outside of knowing that Adam did some artwork for them.

I did see Intronaut a couple years ago and combined with the love they get here it pushed me to give them a shot. It sucks that they'll be in my neck of the woods soon and I won't be able to catch them this time.
Hey! Denty!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Intronaut

Post by blacksabbath »

Isis is one of the best live bands. I'm sorry you didn't get to see them. I barely made it. I went to one of their very last shows. There was a guy there who had followed them up the coast and was going to keep going north to see the last few shows. Jakob was one of the openers, another great live band. The Melvins still play and I highly recommend seeing them in the smallest venue you can find. I've never been to a better show. Yob amazingly sounds exactly like they do in the recording in terms of fidelity. But the experience is more powerful. I had forgotten I went to all those shows. Lol. Also, Digital Gerrymandering is fucking awesome!
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Awesome Vid of Intronaut practicing Fast Worms backstage before opening for Mastodon at the Ace of Spades in Sacremento. Brent from Mastodon is in the room watching them practice. Great video!

[youtube][/youtube]
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Cool video, bro!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Awesome Vid of Intronaut practicing Fast Worms backstage before opening for Mastodon at the Ace of Spades in Sacremento. Brent from Mastodon is in the room watching them practice. Great video!

[youtube][/youtube]
That was cool! Have you seen this? [BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

blacksabbath wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Awesome Vid of Intronaut practicing Fast Worms backstage before opening for Mastodon at the Ace of Spades in Sacremento. Brent from Mastodon is in the room watching them practice. Great video!

[youtube][/youtube]
That was cool! Have you seen this? http://youtu.be/o9dN1MsxIMc
this is fantastic. just sent this to my good buddy who plays bass, so does his dad.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
this is fantastic. just sent this to my good buddy who plays bass, so does his dad.
BUT, what does his mom do? Is she Hawt?!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

she plays the tambourine. and no she's not lol
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
cool man. Glad you liked it!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

*loved it. this band is fucking amazing, the album gets better and better every time I play it. I mean what is the drummer doing!? do they lay all the tracks and then he plays drums after all is said and done? lol. the dude is constantly doing his own thing but it makes sense when you hear it all together. they're very unique in that sense. the only band they kinda remind me of is early Candiria, just not as brutal, the rhythm section is off on another planet while the two guitarists are playing something that sounds completely different BUT IT WORKS! for real, all praises due to the most high supreme prog metal put'er on'er, Count Mogula.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I ordered mine last night, was told I had a decent chance of getting it by the weekend.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I ordered mine like a week or two ago. My Revocation preorder has already shipped and it releases the same day as Intronaut, and it's all through the same retailer. So maybe it's on its way as well.

Fingers crossed I don't regret paying for that 3D poster.
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:*loved it. this band is fucking amazing, the album gets better and better every time I play it. I mean what is the drummer doing!? do they lay all the tracks and then he plays drums after all is said and done? lol. the dude is constantly doing his own thing but it makes sense when you hear it all together. they're very unique in that sense. the only band they kinda remind me of is early Candiria, just not as brutal, the rhythm section is off on another planet while the two guitarists are playing something that sounds completely different BUT IT WORKS! for real, all praises due to the most high supreme prog metal put'er on'er, Count Mogula.
The legitimately write and perform all of that before they go into the studio. For this album, they even tracked the majority of it live, together. So they can absolutely pull all of that off without slowly tinkering/shifting things bit by bit in the studio. They're nuts, haha. But amazing players and really solid fucking songwriters.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

joeypants wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:*loved it. this band is fucking amazing, the album gets better and better every time I play it. I mean what is the drummer doing!? do they lay all the tracks and then he plays drums after all is said and done? lol. the dude is constantly doing his own thing but it makes sense when you hear it all together. they're very unique in that sense. the only band they kinda remind me of is early Candiria, just not as brutal, the rhythm section is off on another planet while the two guitarists are playing something that sounds completely different BUT IT WORKS! for real, all praises due to the most high supreme prog metal put'er on'er, Count Mogula.
The legitimately write and perform all of that before they go into the studio. For this album, they even tracked the majority of it live, together. So they can absolutely pull all of that off without slowly tinkering/shifting things bit by bit in the studio. They're nuts, haha. But amazing players and really solid fucking songwriters.
I don't know of any other band (honestly I'm stumped) besides the Doors who tracked live like this before recording the album. incredible.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
I don't know of any other band (honestly I'm stumped) besides the Doors who tracked live like this before recording the album. incredible.
Sad part is Intronaut will never make the kind of money they deserve. The average fuckstick is listening to Skrillex or Miley Cyrus or some other talentless piece of shit and lacks the intellectual capacity to be able to appreciate a band of Intronaut's caliber. Oh how I despise idiocy.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Sad part is Intronaut will never make the kind of money they deserve. The average fuckstick is listening to Skrillex or Miley Cyrus or some other talentless piece of shit and lacks the intellectual capacity to be able to appreciate a band of Intronaut's caliber. Oh how I despise idiocy.
I'd definitely fuck Miley to Intronaut blasting in the background.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
joeypants wrote:
Black sabbath recorded their first album live, for the most part.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Most Jazz artists track live. I believe Windhand track live. I think Deftones tracked Adrenaline live too, but I'm not really sure about that. Talk Talk's final two albums, Laughingstock and Spirit of Eden, were recorded live as well. Although those both involved a lot of improvisation so they were recorded through many, many takes.
Last edited by UndKeineZwEier on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
I'd definitely fuck Miley to Intronaut blasting in the background.
^ I see what you did there. Well played sir.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Most Jazz artists track live. I believe Windhand track live. I think Deftones tracked Adrenaline live too, but I'm not really sure about that. Talk Talk's final two albums, Laughingstock and Spirit of Eden, were recorded live as well. Although those both involved a lot of improvisation so they were recorded through many, many takes.
jazz is a given because of the genre but the Deftones and Adrenaline? that's the first time I ever heard that. it that's true, I'm very impressed. Black Sabbath!! that's a band I heard did that, slipped my mind. thanks for that
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'm not 100% on Adrenaline, just some things I've heard make me think that's what they did. Recording live isn't all that impressive though, to be honest. Any band capable of actually playing their song live can do it. It just requires more patience than tracking the parts individually.
Don't mow your lawn