Transmute

Music in all its forms and styles
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I didn't want to keep clogging the Intronaut thread plugging our dinky upstart band, so I made this thread. Feel free to fluff our egos to your heart's content in here.

Here's the link to our facebook and bandcamp pages. They're our main internet presence right now. You can get our debut EP/album there (pay what you want):

http://facebook.com/transmutemusic

http://transmutemusic.bandcamp.com

And then here's a link to a video someone shot of one of our first gigs that was posted in the Intronaut thread:

We have a big show (for us, anyway) at a super nice venue here in April that we'll film. If we get any cool video out of it I'll be sure to post it.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I like it, although I'd like it more if there were some vocals and not just recordings.  I'd like to know how you got some of the sounds on Los Alaidos.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

We're fairly set on being an instrumental band for the foreseeable future. If we met the right vocalist and everything fell into place, we'd love to go down that road. But as of now, we enjoy being instrumental. Also: none of us can sing. Ha.

Los Aliados is a LOT of synths of various kinds, and a guitar. I believe we threw just about everything at our disposal on that, which would be a Moog Voyager, Nord Lead 2, Moog Little Phatty, a whole shitpile of Moogerfooger pedals, guitar pedals, etc. We do that one differently live so it's hard to remember exactly what we did on the album. The whole band kind of took individual passes making various kinds of synth-noise within a general framework, and we took what we liked and mixed it together.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Pretty damn good. I'd definitely go out of my way to catch a show or two. Drummer's bad ass.
Good visuals to go with it. Nice work.
SteveBobSteve
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Thanks again. Someone just alerted me to another video someone shot in December. As usual, it's not the best representation due to it being a cell phone. I think this is the only other video out there of us right now. Also worth noting: this was the night I learned NOT to drink throughout the night when we have to play last. 

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I like it a lot. I'd like it more if it had vocals, but that doesn't have anything to do with faults on your part. I'm just not into instrumental bands that much. Good stuff though man.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Had our last show for a while last night. One of our members goes away until August or so, so we'll be writing a bunch more material over the summer for hopefully a full album sometime next year (or as soon as we write the fucking thing and save enough money to record with who we want to record with). 

Anyway, we were finally able to play at this really awesome smaller club here and have full P.A., bigger screen/production, extra lighting, etc. Got some cool photos and some OK video. Sound isn't great because it's just an iPhone and the room's size kind of makes the shit iPhone footage sound boomier. But I might upload the Pink Floyd cover we did or something and share it here soon. 

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Is that you in the front on guitar big sexy?

What Pink Floyd song did you cover?  Looking forward to hearing it.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

That's-a me. We did Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, but we flubbed a part so we have to see if we want it posted. We'll definitely post something from the show though. 
sacredfire
Bronco's Fan

Post by sacredfire »

Sounds pretty good
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Someone else shot these and uploaded them. They're OK, although way too guitar heavy as he's standing right in front of my half-stacks. I always hate not getting to show off our drummer.

This is the first new song we've written for our new album. It's probably 90% done at this point, still tweaking to do.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I dug it, Joey.  Again, I'd go see you guys in a heartbeat.  Keep it coming.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Thanks. Hopefully someday soon we can tour and hit up your neck of the woods.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Sounds good!

When do you expect to have the album out?  Before or after Tool release theirs?
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Haha, hopefully before! That's up to both of us, I suppose. I guess as a Tool fan I should say "hopefully after." We're tentatively aiming to go out to record it a year from right now, give or take. We'll see. Depends on a number of factors, naturally. The guy we've spoken to about helping us make the record is going on tour sometime this year, and he's a relatively busy guy so there's no telling. Plus we have to save up a significant amount of money. I'll definitely keep you all posted though. I'll have better video from this show soon, and probably some better photos as well. For whatever that's worth.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Fucking cool.  I dig it.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Good stuff.I look foward to hearing a full studio album.Hard to pick up on your tone with computer speakers,What kind of amp(s) you running there?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Right now just a hodge-podge. I have a Marshall JCM 900, and a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. The Mesa is a band-aid that our bassist has. I normally use a JCM 2000 DSL which is a PIECE OF DOGSHIT. Never buy one of these! I get an OK low end tone out of it, but there's something defective in their design and they blow tubes, transformers, etc. like it's their job.

I kind of fell into both those amps because I got them and the cabs for a steal, and when it was coming time to start playing out, raw volume/power kind of outweighed tone. I'm currently shopping for a new, much nicer amp/cab to replace the JCM 2000, and will eventually possibly replace the 900. Although I kind of like the tone I get out of it, I can do better I'm sure.

Been looking at Fryette/VHT mostly, as well as some others (Verellen, Orange/Green/Matamp/etc.). Hoping to get something in the next month or so. Would love a Diezel but yeah... going to be a bit before I drop that much on an amp.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

Thanks for sharing.I always enjoy hearing what gear other guitarists are using.Don't discount a vintage Marshall,at least for the studio.I own a 1978 JMP that I have modded.Quite the tone machine.

Anyway,best of luck.Hope ya generate enough cash for a pair of those Diezels.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Oh, I'd love to maybe try out/pick up an older Marshall some day. Those things are indeed sweet. These are both the cheaper/newer breed of Marshall. Not so great. I know Bill from Mastodon is selling his '77 JMP right now. I've considered it, but have a firm eye on a Fryette Pittbull UL-120 right now. Leaning very much that way. I think it would pair well with the 900 for the moment, which I mainly use for higher end/Marshall bluesy-grit kind of tone.
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

I heven't heard any of the Fryette gear but damn,it sure looks like quality.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

If you've heard ISIS, then you've definitely heard it. Used to be VHT until Fryette left and started up again under his own name. Or was bought out, or something. They make really nice amps that seem to have really nice low-end (plus everything else) and sound great with lower tunings, which I'm going to start utilizing soon. 

I really would like to hear/play a Verellen in person. I like the customization options and their "Meatsmoke" amp just looks awesome in every way. I'd just be nervous plunking down for something that extreme without playing through it first. Of course I've always wanted to travel to Seattle so... 
eyepod
of Arimathea

Post by eyepod »

I see that Fryette has quite the laundry list of talented artists using their products.Hopefully see Transmute on that list soon?

Yea,I haven't used the lower tunings much,but I suspect many amps would not do well with this.I am guessing this was a factor in AJ choosing Diezel..The Verellen has it going on in the looks department for sure.Cool stuff.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

My new Fryette should be here tomorrow! Can't wait to test it out. 

Here's some more/better video from our last show. Enjoy. Or don't. 

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thoroughly enjoyed that, would go see you live for sure.  Keep it up Joey!
Ki77aan :twisted: