Kanye West- Yeezus (6.18.13)

Music in all its forms and styles
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Let's try this again. Hopefully this can be kept on topic discussing the music and not Kanye's antics and personal views. I'm really excited for this album to drop. I think Kanye is a great producer and makes some great beats. With titles like "Black Skinhead" and "New Slaves" this is shaping up to be a pretty dark album. Anyone else excited for this to drop?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I'm more likely to give this a listen than most of the shit that gets flung around here; like a fucking chimpanzee with Asperger's.

Taste, opinions, and all that; but seriously guys, some of the shit we all listen to is pretty embarrassing.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I heard he is adding more tracks because the feedback to the new songs was they weren't very accessible- hopefully this is not true...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Bogart said
I heard he is adding more tracks because the feedback to the new songs was they weren't very accessible- hopefully this is not true...

Depends what "not accessible" means. It can go both ways.

Could be absolutely tripe - or could be just hard for the usual listeners to swallow.

Either way, the man has chops. Whether he is racist or not just makes it more funny, in my opinion.

I mean, really? Racism is something we get bothered about now?

Boy, did you all not get the fucking memo . . .

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Keep this thread on topic please.

Also, congrats to toolphishdhs - first one to be banned.  Not in the mood for this shit tonight...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Um, PMs don't work as well as they could, so all joking aside: May I ask why he was banned?

Maybe we need an update of the Terms and Conditions of using this website?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said
Um, PMs don't work as well as they could, so all joking aside: May I ask why he was banned?

Maybe we need an update of the Terms and Conditions of using this website?

Take it to another thread please.
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

been a ye fan since college dropout. did not like 808s. excited for this album, i really really like the two new tracks he debuted. will be eager to hear the rest. i hadnt heard about adding new tracks, but kanye doesnt seem like the type to water down an album.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Can't wait but don't really see the point of this thread till the album drops
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/arts/ ... wanted=all&

“I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.”

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, he's a knob of the highest order.  I don't normally bother reading what he says, but it can be quite good for the lulz.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said

“I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.”

What a fucking knob. I love it.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson said

can't believe he said that haha. Jay-Z couldn't hold Biggie's dick with two hands

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

If it wasn't Kanye, I swear that was a "The Onion" article. 

Michael Jordan? Ehhh... FUCK NO!!!!  MAYBE the over-rated Carmelo Anthony. 

What a fucking cock. 
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Interesting article. I was surprised to hear his thoughts on his ...Fantasy album. That's probably my favorite from him and he labels it as a compromise album.

One thing is for sure, the dude is pretty arrogant. I think a lot of people can't really get past that.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Just found this article regarding a listening party 'Ye held for the new abum. This makes me want to hear it even more. Check it out...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170881 ... view.jhtml
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I cannot WAIT to drop this album
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Bogart said
Just found this article regarding a listening party 'Ye held for the new abum. This makes me want to hear it even more. Check it out...

he just pulled in powerful producer Rick Rubin (Slayer, Johnny Cash, NIN, the Beastie Boys, Mars Volta, System Of A Down, Danzig, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine etc) for some last minute finishing touches.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

NYHCster said

Bogart said

he just pulled in powerful producer Rick Rubin (Slayer, Johnny Cash, NIN, the Beastie Boys, Mars Volta, System Of A Down, Danzig, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine etc) for some last minute finishing touches.

Sounds like he's re-finishing a table.

And before you can refinish a table, you must re-start.

Rick Rubin's resume I do not need, however.

NO intense, offended, of course.

But having the 'company' pull in 'Mr. Producer too-cool-for-the-room' Rubin is a desperate move to save an album that probably

Needed someone like Rubin; that does not speak well to the quality of 'music' to be put forth.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

ilikecheese said

NYHCster said

Bogart said

Sounds like he's re-finishing a table.

And before you can refinish a table, you must re-start.

Rick Rubin's resume I do not need, however.

NO intense, offended, of course.

But having the 'company' pull in 'Mr. Producer too-cool-for-the-room' Rubin is a desperate move to save an album that probably

Needed someone like Rubin; that does not speak well to the quality of 'music' to be put forth.

like him or not he's very original and creative, I doubt he brought in Rick to help put a decent LP out. it's more like he felt the tracks were at an 8 and he wanted to push it further. for the Dark Fantasy album he did the same with Q-Tip and the Rza who are both great hip hop minds. they came in towards the back end and pushed it a little further, which turned out to be a great idea. Mr. Diggs is a master craftsman, his kung fu is strong. no pun intended.

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

It leaked. It's pretty weird...even more so than 808s

After my first listen, the first thought that conjures in my mind is it sounds like a hip hop nine inch nails.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I rarely listen to hip-hop or rap, but this album is fucking fantastic.

There's nothing wrong with being a fucking asshole if you're consistently right.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not a bad album.  Quite interesting in parts, but quite dull in others.  Can't see it changing anyone's mind about Kanye.

For what it's worth I do think he's one of the more interesting hip hop artists around.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

if this is the new pop music that's going to be out for the next month getting played to death on the radio I'm definitely cool with it. this shit is tough. he went nuts on the MPC too. I'm happy Mr. Rubin went in and cut some of the fat. the Rza co-produced track is nuts.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

On Sight, Black Skinhead, Blood on the Leaves and New Slaves really standout for me.

Say what you want about the dude personally, but the guy tries to make bold, artistic moves. Each one of his albums are very different in my opinion. It's a pretty good album. I've listened to it about 5 times. There are a few things out of place. For example, I'm not a big fan of "I'm in It". But, I think the good things on here are done very well. "Black Skinhead" is so tribal and raw. "On Sight" is pretty chaotic and has this seamless transition into a beautiful soulful moment that is fantastic.

Not sure I would rank this above "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", but it still has to marinate. Too soon to judge. I don't think the average hip hop fan or music listener or will enojoy this. So far, it's either people hate it or love it.