Placebo

Music in all its forms and styles
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Looks like Placebo will be releasing a new album September 16. You can pre-order now in different formats.

They have also announced some tour dates for Europe around November.

Placebo
Professor of Lesbian Science
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

basejumper said
Looks like Placebo will be releasing a new album September 16. You can pre-order now in different formats.

Placebo

Going from the teaser, I am completely disinterested.

Man, I used to love PLACEBO back in the day. "WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING" is one of the best albums of all time. It has aged magnificently, too.

"BLACK MARKET MUSIC" was their last decent album.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Have to agree that the teaser isn't pulling me in either.

I also loved the old Placebo... 1st 3 albums were something else! I'm hoping this new album has some of the old style Placebo.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

The Boss said

basejumper said

Placebo

Going from the teaser, I am completely disinterested.

Man, I used to love PLACEBO back in the day. "WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING" is one of the best albums of all time. It has aged magnificently, too.

"BLACK MARKET MUSIC" was their last decent album.

definitely their best album
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^loved that shit...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

A group of 50 people were split into two groups of 25. One group was given the Placebo cd 'without you I'm nothing', the other a blank disc. Both groups reported back that they heard nothing worthwhile, I'm pretty sure there is a scientific name for this occurrence.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
A group of 50 people were split into two groups of 25. One group was given the Placebo cd 'without you I'm nothing', the other a blank disc. Both groups reported back that they heard nothing worthwhile, I'm pretty sure there is a scientific name for this occurrence.

Urban legend?

For what it's worth I can confirm Without You I'm Nothing is a great album.  The rest of Placebo's work is pretty hit and miss...
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Nah, I got the joke, just didn't think it was your finest work (presuming you didn't just copy and paste it from elsewhere).
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I don't like Wednesdays
basejumper
Droner

Re: Placebo

Post by basejumper »

PLACEBO ANNOUNCE DETAILS OF 'LOUD LIKE LOVE TV' SHOW

13-09-2013

THE BAND REVEAL UK TV PRESENTER 'HARDEEP SINGH KHOLI', BBC RADIO 1 & YOUTUBE STAR DAN HOWELL aka 'DANISNOTONFIRE' AS WELL AS OUTSPOKEN AUTHOR & SATIRIST 'BRET EASTON ELLIS' FOR THEIR GLOBAL 'LOUD LIKE LOVE TV' STREAM LIVE FROM YOUTUBE STUDIOS, LONDON, L.A & TOKYO

PLACEBO in collaboration with YouTube and Google will be the first band ever to produce, curate and stream a global Live TV show, all on the evening of album release on Monday 16th September.

It is also the first occasion on which all three YouTube studios are being linked up live for one global event.

The show, which is being produced by digital content agency Shine ON, will be broadcast from 8pm BST (UK TIME) on PLACEBO’s YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/officialplacebo

The direct link for 'LOUD LIKE LOVE TV' stream is here:

WATCH THE OFFICIAL TRAILER HERE:

The band have today revealed some of the many highlights to expect in the 90 minute long program, alongside the interviews with the collaborators from the ‘LOUD LIKE LOVE’ project:

LIVE PERFORMANCE:

The band will play tracks from the new album 'LOUD LIKE LOVE' as well as some classic tracks, one of which will be voted for by fans

LIVE LINK UP TO L.A:

The band will interview video director SAMAN KESH and very special guest BRET EASTON ELLIS about their respective roles in the official video for the single 'TOO MANY FRIENDS', PLACEBO have also asked a special guest band to appear, perform and celebrate Mexican Independence Day with them, which coincides with the release of 'LOUD LIKE LOVE'

LIVE LINK UP TO TOKYO:

The YouTube Studios in Tokyo will host a very special competition, where Japanese beatbox sensation Daichi will compete in a man vs mouth drum battle with PLACEBO drummer Steve Forrest

TEENAGE ANGST:

Bass player Stefan Olsdal will present a personal and candid look into the past revealing how one of their first tracks, 'TEENAGE ANGST', came to pass

HANG ON TO YOUR I.Q:

Brian Molko & Stefan Olsdal will challenge the band's drummer Steve Forrest to a PLACEBO history game to see how much he really knows about their rich and colourful past

COMPETITION:

Viewers will have the chance to win one of Brian Molko's first ever guitars or a special 'Guest List' to every show during the LOUD LIKE LOVE tour in a competition taking place during the live show, fans will be required to find 5 of 10 'Hidden Tracks' that will appear during the show, and then enter the tracks that they see into the contests website here:

http://www.loudlikelove.com/contests/hidden_tracks/

THE SHOW STARTS AT THESE TIMES WORLDWIDE :

New York - 3 PM

Los Angeles – 12 Midday

Rio - 4 PM

Tokyo - 4 AM (17th)

Milan - 9 PM

Vancouver - 12 Midday

Beijing - 3 AM (17th)

Paris - 9 PM

Berlin - 9 PM

Prague - 9 PM

Lisbon - 9 PM

Hong Kong 3 AM (17th)

Auckland - 7 AM (17th)

Moscow - 11 PM

Cape Town - 9 PM

Barcelona - 9 PM

Chicago - 2 PM

Miami - 3 PM

Seattle - 12 noon

Atlanta - 3 PM

Denver - 1 PM

Sydney - 6 AM (17th)

Perth – 4 AM (17th)

Singapore - 3 AM (17th)

Bangkok - 2 AM (17th)

Placebo’s new album “Loud Like Love” will be available in 5 different formats and available for pre-order now:

3D Lenticular Super Deluxe Box Set

Limited Edition Deluxe Digi-Pack Version

Double 12" Coloured Vinyl Gatefold Edition

Standard CD Album

Digital Download