Live Shows, Tours, etc.

Music in all its forms and styles
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said
Aussie Pub Rock & Grunge pioneers (not to mention Tool support act) Cosmic Psychos are heading out on their "First Aussie Tour In Forever" in August:

9th August: Hi Fi Bar, Melbourne + the Ooga Boogas, Dead River Open
10th August: Metro Theatre, Sydney + Front End Loader, Bruce
16th August: Amplifier Bar, Perth + Devil Rides In
17th August: Fowlers Live, Adelaide + Meatbeaters, Pro Tools
24th August: Hi Fi Bar, The West End (Brisbane?) + Six Ft Hick, Good Times

Some interesting support bands there - Front End Loader are one of my favorite bands, pity they're not supporting the whole tour.  Pro Tools (playing in Adelaide) I believe are some kind of side-project featuring John Scott from the Mark of Cain.  And Six Ft Hick are always fun live.

"Aussie Pub Rock" that's a genre? dope.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Seeing Holy Grail on Monday then Intronaut on Saturday.  First shows in a long while.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Harvest Festival in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane announced this morning and the lineup is:

Massive Attack
Franz Ferdinand
Primus!
Goldfrapp
Neutral Milk Hotel
Desaparecidos (Conor Oberst)
Eels
CSS
The Drones
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
M Ward
Superchunk
The Wallflowers
Walk Off The Earth

Shows are in November:

Sunday, November 10 -Werribee Park, Melbourne
Saturday, November 16 – The Domain, Sydney NEW VENUE
Sunday, November 17 – Botanic Gardens, Brisbane

Not a bad lineup.  I'd be pretty keen for Primus, Massive Attack and BRMC and most of the rest have at least some passing interest.  I won't be there though as I'll have been to Melbourne for a ATP show not long before then, so here's hoping for some Adelaide sideshows.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

They are going from an 85 hectare site to a 35 hectare site in Sydney.

For that reason alone I think I might skip that cluster fuck.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
They are going from an 85 hectare site to a 35 hectare site in Sydney.

For that reason alone I think I might skip that cluster fuck.

I wouldn't have thought they'd done that lightly - did they use all 85 hectares at the other site?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Yep, spacey as fuck
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Souinds good - I'll be away the weekend they play in Adelaide though which is pretty shit:

One of the most crushing forces in current death metal, INNUMERABLE FORMS bring their suffocatingly dark, Finnish death inspired heaviness to Australia for the first time. Featuring members of Mind Eraser, Iron Lung, Hatred Surge, Mammoth Grinder, Gehenna and far too many others to mention, Innumerable Forms match or exceed the highest standards set by their other projects and pummel without mercy.

MAMMOTH GRINDER members do time in Innumerable Forms but here go for the jugular in a more direct manner with their assaultive blend of death metal, crust, grind and thrash. A steamroller of apocalyptic riff devastation and decapitation by headbanging.

FRIDAY 26TH @ THE TOTE w/ Inverloch (ex disEMBOWELMENT), The Kill and Doubled Over

SATURDAY 27th @ ANIMAL HOUSE (adelaide) w/ Starvation, Internal Rot + More

SUNDAY 28th @ THE GASOMETER w/ Extortion, Straight Jacket Nation, Internal Rot, Sewercide, Headless Death + Bloodrule

THURSDAY 1st in Canberra

FRIDAY 2nd @ The Square Sydney w/Internal Rot, Oilly Boys, Headless Death + More

SATURDAY 3rd in Brisbane w/Shackles, Internal Rot, Headless Death + More.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sleep news:

Seminal stoner/doom band, Sleep from San Jose, California will play two shows in Sydney and Perth following their appearance at ATP’s Release The Bats, Melbourne in October 2013.

Formed as a Bay Area punk rock band called Asbestosdeath, the band changed their musical direction and name and debuted as Sleep with their Volume One album in 1991. After Justin Marler left the band, the core lineup of Al Cisneros, Matt Pike and Chris Hakius went into the studio to record a demo cassette that they sent to Earache Records. The recording was released in November 1992 (exactly as received by the label) under the name Sleep's Holy Mountain and went on to forever alter the musical landscape. Countless current bands cite ...Holy Mountain as a major inspiration, and the unique sound and style of the record can be heard in many subsequent releases by bands from all over the world.

Sleep's Holy Mountain created such a buzz that major label London Records signed the band. Unfortunately, the label lacked the vision necessary to actually follow through and release the album that Sleep recorded, mostly because it took the not-radio-friendly form of a single song – a 63-minute long ode to weed – called Dopesmoker. Sleep returned to the studio and edited the track down to 52 minutes and retitled it Jerusalem, but it was again rejected. London Records shelved the record and dropped the band, leading to their dissolution.

Luckily, the record had a life after death and refused to stay buried. It first saw the light of day as the shortened Jerusalem version by The Music Cartel in 1998 beforeDopesmoker (at its full 63 minute length) was given a proper release by Tee Pee Records in 2003. Dopesmoker stands as one of the towering achievements in recent metal history, a mesmerizing, intoxicating, and incredibly complex song that is still unrivalled in the annals of stoner metal.

The band's breakup, while devastating for fans, turned out to have a silver lining as Matt Pike (guitar) went on to form High On Fire, a metal juggernaut that has authored five albums to date, and Al Cisneros went on to form the transcendental wonder OM who have released four albums to date.

Sleep reformed in 2009 and now includes Jason Roeder of Neurosis on drums.

Catch Sleep in Australia on:

Saturday October 26 – ATPs Release The Bats, Melbourne
Tickets on sale from Moshtix

Sunday October 27 – Manning Bar, Sydney
Tickets from lifeisnoise.com, manningbar.com and Oztix

Monday October 28 – The Rosemount Hotel, Perth
Tickets from lifeisnoise.com, The Rosemount Hotel, heatseeker and Oztix

As I'm going to Release The Bats in Melbourne I ain't even mad there's no Adelaide show...
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

This release the bats thing is starting to get a bit more intriguing, some of those lesser known Aussie bands seem cool, love The UV Race's style, very not giving a fuck
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said
This release the bats thing is starting to get a bit more intriguing, some of those lesser known Aussie bands seem cool, love The UV Race's style, very not giving a fuck

I'm really looking forward to it.  All the bands playing look pretty interesting.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

For anyone interested:

Warped Tour 2013 lineup:
The Offspring
Parkway Drive
Simple Plan
New Found Glory
The Used
Hatebreed
Tonight Alive
H20
The Summer Set
Kids In Glass Houses
We Came As Romans
Man Overboard
Crown The Empire
The Dangerous Summer
For All Those Sleeping
Veara
Anarbor
Mallory Knox
RDGLDGR

Pretty shitty lineup imo.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
For anyone interested:

Warped Tour 2013 lineup:

Man Overboard

Puscifer cover band?

Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Fun, Fun, Fun Fest (Austin, 8-10 November) line-up announced... it has some gooduns:

http://lambgoat.com/news/comments.aspx?id=20740#0
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

hellboy1975 said
For anyone interested:

Warped Tour 2013 lineup:
The Offspring
Parkway Drive
Simple Plan
New Found Glory
The Used
Hatebreed
Tonight Alive
H20
The Summer Set
Kids In Glass Houses
We Came As Romans
Man Overboard
Crown The Empire
The Dangerous Summer
For All Those Sleeping
Veara
Anarbor
Mallory Knox
RDGLDGR

Pretty shitty lineup imo.

Agreed! Very average.

When do you usally get a Soundwave/BDO line up over here?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

264zn said

Anytime between July and October.  It used to be that the BDO got announced the first week of October all the time, but now that Soundwave and BDO are more more competitive with each other it's hard to tell when they will be announced.  I did hear that AJ mentioned Soundwave would be announced in August though.

My prediction at this stage is NIN headlining Soundwave, and Pearl Jam headlining the BDO.  We'll see in a few months I guess.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

And Fasterlouder are now reporting Pearl Jam will be hear early 2014, so I'm feeling pretty good about my prediction now.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin, TX sound pretty good:

MGMT
SLAYER
M.I.A.
SNOOP DOGG AKA SNOOP LION
DESCENDENTS
CUT COPY
JURASSIC 5
FLAG (KEITH MORRIS, CHUCK DUKOWSKI,
DEZ CADENA, BILL STEVENSON
& STEPHEN EGERTON)
SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO (DJ SET)
QUICKSAND
BONOBO
THE WALKMEN
LUPE FIASCO
DEATH GRIPS
ICE T
TELEVISION
RJD2
JUDGE
BIG K.R.I.T.
THE LOCUST
BIG FREEDIA
SUBHUMANS (30TH ANNIVERSARY PERFORMANCE OF CRADLE TO THE GRAVE LP)
CHROMATICS
GOJIRA
TYCHO
THE IMPOSSIBLES
GLASS CANDY
BODY COUNT
DEERHUNTER
AUGUST BURNS RED
ACTION BRONSON
THEE OH SEES
CLOUD NOTHINGS
THE DISMEMBERMENT PLAN
CRO-MAGS
SHLOHMO
CEREMONY
WASHED OUT
XXYYXX
JOHNNY MARR
MELT BANANA
LITTLE BOOTS
KURT VILE AND THE VIOLATORS
PELICAN
DELOREAN
THE MEN
SPARKS
STAR SLINGER
THE POLYPHONIC SPREE
TITLE FIGHT
POOLSIDE
BLAKE SCHWARZENBACH (JAWBREAKER/JETS TO BRAZIL/FORGETTERS)
WHITE LUNG
GEOGRAPHER
SMALL BLACK
KING KHAN AND THE SHRINES
BILL CALLAHAN
THE JULIE RUIN (KATHLEEN HANNA OF BIKINI KILL/LE TIGRE,KATHI WILCOX OF BIKINI KILL)
CHELSEA LIGHT MOVING (THURSTON MOORE OF SONIC YOUTH)
CODE ORANGE KIDS
RATKING
NARROWS
DANIEL JOHNSTON
THE UNDERACHIEVERS
MAC DEMARCO
DESSA
MERCHANDISE CAYUCAS
QUASI
BIG BLACK DELTA
UNLOCKING THE TRUTH
BEACH FOSSILS
RETOX
BLEACHED
MYKKI BLANCO
LEMURIA ACTIVE CHILD
PHRANCHYZE
OLA PODRIDA
VENOMOUS MAXIMUS
FRANK SMITH
WILD CHILD
ROGER SELLERS
SPRAYPAINT
LNS CREW

http://funfunfunfest.com/
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

hellboy1975 said

264zn said

Anytime between July and October.  It used to be that the BDO got announced the first week of October all the time, but now that Soundwave and BDO are more more competitive with each other it's hard to tell when they will be announced.  I did hear that AJ mentioned Soundwave would be announced in August though.

My prediction at this stage is NIN headlining Soundwave, and Pearl Jam headlining the BDO.  We'll see in a few months I guess.

Right thanks, August isn't too far away. Not really a massive NIN fan, or Pearl Jam for that matter so hopefully there are a few other big names in the mix to get me along (to Soundwave atleast). Would like to catch NIN on their own though just to see what the fuss is about - hopefully a sideshow will take place. Has anyone caught NIN at a festival in the past few years? Really can't see them being much chop in this setting?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

264zn said 
Has anyone caught NIN at a festival in the past few years? Really can't see them being much chop in this setting?
I've only ever seen NIN in a festival setting and they were great both times.  From memory NIN have only actually toured Australia in a non-festival setting once (and even then it was only short tour rather than a full one).
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

hellboy1975 said

264zn said 
Has anyone caught NIN at a festival in the past few years? Really can't see them being much chop in this setting?

I've only ever seen NIN in a festival setting and they were great both times.  From memory NIN have only actually toured Australia in a non-festival setting once (and even then it was only short tour rather than a full one).

Well there you go, probably worth heading along to Soundwave then. Hopefully your prediction is correct!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

NIN is headlining SW 2014, pretty much a sure thing. Google it- this site can be a PITA from a mobile device at times so don't feel like attaching a link right now. 
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy said
NIN is headlining SW 2014, pretty much a sure thing. Google it- this site can be a PITA from a mobile device at times so don't feel like attaching a link right now. 

That guy has been wrong plenty of times in the past, so not sure I'd call it a sure thing on his count.  I do believe it will happen though.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Seminal stoner/doom band, Sleep from San Jose, California will play two shows in Sydney and Perth following their appearance at ATP’s Release The Bats, Melbourne in October 2013.

Saturday October 26 – ATPs Release The Bats, Melbourne

Sunday October 27 – Manning Bar, Sydney

Monday October 28 – The Rosemount Hotel, Perth
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

311 & Cypress Hill in a couple of weeks.  Going more for Cypress Hill but eh, 311 isn't too bad.
I like to poop naked.