Live Shows, Tours, etc.

Music in all its forms and styles
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Live Shows, Tours, etc.

Post by Busty McCracken »

Flying to Brizzie tomorrow to go see Cog & Sleep makes waves as support... pretty far ken excited!
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Interested to hear how Cog go.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Hoping their set doesn't lean as heavily on sharing space as their previous tours did but aren't overly confident. Either way I'm looking forward to it . They were a killer live band back in the day that seemed to lose a bit of enthusiasm towards the end. Hoping a 6 year break has made them hungry again.

You going to adelaide show?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: You going to adelaide show?
Yep, I have my ticket. Liz should be there as well I think.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

That is a show I would love to see. Sadly, they will likely never make it to the US. Did they ever tour here?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Pretty sure off memory they played a few club shows when they were over there recording sharing space.

Gig night tonight, most keen. Have a killer time next week with Liz
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:Pretty sure off memory they played a few club shows when they were over there recording sharing space.

Gig night tonight, most keen. Have a killer time next week with Liz
Adelaide show isn't for a little while - the first set of shows is just Eastern States, and then here in SA in Sept or Oct from memory.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Ahh That's right, next weekends sydney isn't it. This will be my first decent rock gig since faith no more for me so should be a gooden. Will do a mini review on here afterwards.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, been a bit of a dry spell lately for gigs - too many good tours tours skipping Adelaidle. A few coming up over the coming months though...
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

You and Liz are in for a treat in September mate. The ol boys have still got it. The energy in the room was absolutely fucking electric and reminds ya how much the band means not only to the fans but also the band themselves. The sheer joy on Lucius face the whole set was great to watch. I wont give any spoilers away but was absolutely stoked with the setlist and extended set compared to the old days.

Sleepmakeswaves were great to finally see and if ya hear of any spare tix to the adelaide show please let me know coz id be on a plane again for it without hesitation.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Kittaan wrote:That is a show I would love to see. Sadly, they will likely never make it to the US. Did they ever tour here?
I'm right there with you on that. I would love to see Cog live. Although, I am seeing a pretty bad ass Australian band next month in Colorado, Hiatus Kaiyote.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sounds interesting:
Temple of the Dog has reunited and will tour this November, for the first time since forming in 1990.

The Seattle supergroup featuring Soundgarden’s Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready, and drummer Matt Cameron (drummer for both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) will play five US cities: Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle. “We wanted to do the one thing we never got to do … play shows and see what it feels like to be the band that we walked away from 25 years ago,” says Chris Cornell.

Ticket pre-sales begin TODAY (July 20) at 10:00 AM PST and ends July 27 at 10am PST – The pre-sale links are listed below (pre-sale password is Phrases and is not case sensitive). Tickets will go on sale to the general public HERE on Friday, July 29th, at 12 noon local time. $1.50 from each ticket sold will benefit the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation and an additional $1.50 will benefit Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation.

The tour marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Temple of the Dog’s first and only album, a self-titled set that was released by A&M Records on April 16th, 1991.

On September 30th UMe will release a special Temple of the Dog 25th anniversary reissue collection of their landmark album, newly mixed by Brendan O’Brien and remastered. The collection will be available in four configurations, including a four disc Super Deluxe, a double LP, a two CD Deluxe, and a single CD. Physical pre-orders are available HERE.
Temple of the Dog’s upcoming tour dates are as follows:
November 4, 2016 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theater Tickets
November 7, 2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Tickets
November 11, 2016 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Center Tickets
November 14, 2016 Los Angeles, CA The Forum Tickets
November 20, 2016 Seattle, WA Paramount Theater Tickets
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

No, not really.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Guns N’ Roses Australian tour 2017
Tuesday February 7 – QSAC Stadium, Brisbane QLD
Friday February 10 – ANZ Stadium, Sydney NSW
Tuesday February 14 – MCG, Melbourne VIC
Saturday February 18 – Adelaide Oval, Adelaide SA
Tuesday February 21 – Domain Stadium, Perth WA
Tickets starting at $91.65 sounds relatively cheap for such a gig (though I expect these are nosebleed tickets)

I don't expect many will think highly of these shows, but I reckon I'll probably check it out.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Hm totally forgot they were a thing again. I wonder what kind of reviews they're getting.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Hm totally forgot they were a thing again. I wonder what kind of reviews they're getting.
The reviews I read was that the shows were pretty good, but I haven't checked out any Youtube footage (I remember pre-reformation GnR was pretty shit).
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Heard good things from a mate that saw Gunners overseas few months back. If I lived in a capital city I'd go for sure, but no chance of justifying the cost of flights etc to get down for it
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Turns out tickets are pretty outrageously priced. $100 for nosebleeds (which don't interest me) and $170 for GA in the "Gold" section, which I expect is the back half of the venue. "Diamond" tickets (presumably at the front) are $360.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Diamond ticket seems reasonable. One dollar for every minute Axl will be late to take the stage
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

No shit. I made the mistake of seeing GnR about 8 years ago? in SF. Axl showed up a full 3 hours late. I kept stringing myself along... It can't be toooo much longer... And then the show was boring as hell. Would never consider seeing him again.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Apparently he's finally got his shit together and they're even taking the stage early these days and slaying it for a bunch of old cobbers... I am keenly watching how long he can keep it up for. He's spent an entire career being a fuckwit so surely somethings gotta give.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote:No shit. I made the mistake of seeing GnR about 8 years ago? in SF. Axl showed up a full 3 hours late. I kept stringing myself along... It can't be toooo much longer... And then the show was boring as hell. Would never consider seeing him again.
Yeah those are the main reasons I never bothered with Axl only GnR, but from what I read it's much better this time around. Still, as I said I'm not interesting in spending so much money on the shows, so unless there are cheaper tickets closer to the event I'll probably give it a miss.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »