Random Music News

Music in all its forms and styles
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Random Music News

Post by ziggy23 »

Stream the debut solo album from Massive Attack’s Neil Davidge

Bathe in Slo Light.

Since the dusk of the 1990s, Neil Davidge has been one of the few constants in unit-shifting Bristol crew Massive Attack, essentially serving as a de facto member on Mezzanine, 100th Window, Danny The Dog and Heligoland. He’s also a composer with proper commercial heft, having scored Halo 4 -still the highest charting videogame soundtrack ever – and written for a stack of TV and film projects.

As reported, the producer will step out with his first full-length solo effort late next month. Slo Light – released as, simply, Davidge - is a collaborator-heavy set, featuring guest spots from Neon Neon collaborator Cate Le Bon and UK pop royalty Sandie Shaw, amongst others.

The album is now streaming in full; scroll down to sample the record at your leisure. Slo Light will arrive on March 24 through 7Hz.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Mastodon to possibly drop TWO, count'em TWO releases this year...

”It’s gonna be a summer release, so I feel like it needs to be amped,. I don’t feel like it needs to be slow, and doom and gloom. That’s a winter album. We were actually talking about that earlier, like, ‘Why don’t we take some of the stuff that’s really moody and slow and do, like, a winter EP?’” (Brann Dailor)
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

CANDIRIA IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/03/10/ca ... l-release/
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Killer Be Killed featuring Members of The Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, and Soulfly: Debut Album Details Announced

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/03/10/ki ... announced/
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
New Teaser Video from Stooges’ James Williamson – ‘Open Up and Bleed’

The Stooges’ James Williamson has a single due out on Record Store Day featuring remakes of two Stooges’ songs, “Open Up and Bleed” and “Gimmie Some Skin.”

There will be an album, Re-Licked, but there’s no release date yet. The album will feature a number of vocalists covering “obscure” Stooges’ songs. Playing on the album are the current touring version of The Stooges: Mike Watt, Steve Mackay and Toby Dammit.

For “Open Up and Bleed” Williamson has enlisted Texas blues singer Carolyn Wonderland.

It’s good.
http://www.daysofthecrazy-wild.com/watc ... -and-bleed
Re-Licked will also feature other lesser-known Stooges tracks properly recorded and mixed for the first time. Songs such as “I Gotta Right,” “Rubber Legs,” “She Creatures of the Hollywood Hills,” “Wild Love” and others will be fronted by a wealth of talented vocalists such as Jello Biafra, Mark Lanegan, Ariel Pink, Lisa Kekuala (The BellRays) and others to be announced soon.
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Metallica Debut New Song 'The Lords of Summer' at 2014 Tour Kickoff in Bogota, Colombia
[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Led Zeppelin to Reissue First 3 LPs With Unreleased Songs

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20140313

Excerpt:
As Led Zeppelin once promised, the song remains the same – but this time they're throwing in a few extras. This summer, the group is reissuing their first three albums as deluxe editions packed with previously unreleased goodies.

It's the first installment in what the band describes as an "extensive reissue program" of its nine studio albums that have been remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page. Moreover, each record will come out as a single-disc remastered album or as a "Deluxe Edition" with a bonus disc of previously unreleased studio and live tracks that the group recorded around the time of the album. The new versions of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III will all hit stores on June 3rd.
Very interested to hear this...

And..... queue the inevitable noting of LZ releasing "new" material despite not even being a band, but some other band still dicking around....
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Cash grab!!
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:Led Zeppelin to Reissue First 3 LPs With Unreleased Songs

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-20140313

Excerpt:
As Led Zeppelin once promised, the song remains the same – but this time they're throwing in a few extras. This summer, the group is reissuing their first three albums as deluxe editions packed with previously unreleased goodies.

It's the first installment in what the band describes as an "extensive reissue program" of its nine studio albums that have been remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page. Moreover, each record will come out as a single-disc remastered album or as a "Deluxe Edition" with a bonus disc of previously unreleased studio and live tracks that the group recorded around the time of the album. The new versions of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III will all hit stores on June 3rd.
Very interested to hear this...

And..... queue the inevitable noting of LZ releasing "new" material despite not even being a band, but some other band still dicking around....
Not sure how I feel about this.

I'm going with hey pig piggy pig pig pig on this one.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I normally only say that tongue in cheek, but Zep is notorious (in my book at least) with this kind of stuff.

I don't care what they dig out I'm never giving that band another cent.
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Apparently FLOOR have a new album titled "Oblation" coming out on April 29th. A couple of tracks have been made available for preview.
"Sister Sophia" - http://www.allmusic.com/blog/post/exclu ... ter-sophia
"War Party" - http://www.stereogum.com/1662561/floor- ... iere/mp3s/
"Find Away" - http://noisey.vice.com/blog/floor-find- ... ion-stream
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ravenpig wrote:I normally only say that tongue in cheek, but Zep is notorious (in my book at least) with this kind of stuff.

I don't care what they dig out I'm never giving that band another cent.
Agreed. Exactly how I feel about Tool at this point. Zep released some great shit but they flat out stole quite a bit of shit to make some of that great shit. Good band but I think they are a bit overrated. Pink Floyd did this shit with the DSOTM, Wish You Were Here and Wall remasters. I am fucking sick of that shit. Bands reworking old shit or re-releasing old shit. Live albums are one thing, because you often get moments of magic that were not planned. But not every older album needs to sound like it was released last year. Something to be said for just letting something be what it is.

It speaks to the celebrity mindset as well. The inability to let go of the spotlight. To simply walk away. People are terrified of being forgotten, celebrities more than the average person which is a bit of an oxymoron. How many actors, musicians, even athletes well past their prime kept going to their detriment? Certainly some part of that is conditioning, but deeper than that it speaks to the need to feel relevant. Another reason why so many famous people have died from overdose and suicide. They couldn't find a sense of relevance or peace internally. When the spotlight is off and you are completely alone many have no idea who they actually are at all.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Man, I feel so depressed right now...

.... and that's over. Whew!

I hear you RP and Mog - I have no intention of ponying up any dirty dollars either. I am just interested to hear what didn't make the cut, or any alternate takes. Just a quick sample on YouTube will do it for me.

That being said - the band(s) wouldn't be going through the effort and expense to make this shit available if there wasn't a market for it. Some die hard fans are completionists and want to collect every single release. I don't get that myself, but no skin off my nose.

By the way, on the whole "Steal vs Create" debate with Zep - Everybody steals, it's how you approach it that matters. They made so many stupid mistakes on that front it's just sad. Hurt a lot of people and cost them a lot of money. Still, they made the music their own and who would dispute their legacy as innovators and the influence they've had on subsequent bands?
Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote:Man, I feel so depressed right now...

.... and that's over. Whew!

I hear you RP and Mog - I have no intention of ponying up any dirty dollars either. I am just interested to hear what didn't make the cut, or any alternate takes. Just a quick sample on YouTube will do it for me.

That being said - the band(s) wouldn't be going through the effort and expense to make this shit available if there wasn't a market for it. Some die hard fans are completionists and want to collect every single release. I don't get that myself, but no skin off my nose.

By the way, on the whole "Steal vs Create" debate with Zep - Everybody steals, it's how you approach it that matters. They made so many stupid mistakes on that front it's just sad. Hurt a lot of people and cost them a lot of money. Still, they made the music their own and who would dispute their legacy as innovators and the influence they've had on subsequent bands?
There is a whole industry built on stealing now; it's called sampling or DJing. Look at Advicii, all he does is play Florence (yeah exaggeration I know but truly). I agree Kittaan the Led Zep stole rhetoric is tired. They where pioneers.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

liz wrote:]
There is a whole industry built on stealing now; it's called sampling or DJing.

:roll:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:

We need to find a way for the ignore system to blank out quotes, too.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

The Boss wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:

We need to find a way for the ignore system to blank out quotes, too.
Shut your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears. I know you've done it before. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I guess Daft Punk stole their way to fandom.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:I guess Daft Punk stole their way to fandom.
I never understood that duo. They make truly awful music, and everyone laps it up like retarded kittens drinking White Russians from a dish.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

And yet you love Burial.

Same concept, different intentions.

Man I'm seeing a weird side of you.

Anyone who hates soccer, they don't get it.

Anyone who hates anything you don't like, they don't get it.

You have to stand up for those things for no understandable reason.

You hate the world for not understanding your point of view.

Perhaps you should just accept others views and yours isn't the be all and end all.

Much love.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:And yet you love Burial.

Same concept, different intentions.

Man I'm seeing a weird side of you.

Anyone who hates soccer, they don't get it.

Anyone who hates anything you don't like, they don't get it.

You have to stand up for those things for no understandable reason.

You hate the world for not understanding your point of view.

Perhaps you should just accept others views and yours isn't the be all and end all.

Much love.
I'm OK with other people having different views from me. Apparently "Christianity" is a big thing. I don't get it or like it, but I'm OK with other people diggin' it.

And comparing BURIAL to fucking DAFT PUNK is just ridiculous.

Things I "stand up for" tend to be unpopular or misunderstood because that's the trend. It's almost cool to hate on things like football and artists like BURIAL, because that's the expected reaction.

I guess I just expect more from "open minded" TOOL fans.

Which is a shame, because in a different thread I almost appealed to the good side of TOOL fans. I probably aimed a bit too high.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

The Boss wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:hings I "stand up for" tend to be unpopular or misunderstood because that's the trend. It's almost cool to hate on things like football and artists like BURIAL, because that's the expected reaction.
People disliked Burial because they just didn't like it, I was just as perplexed when I posted BT, but I understood it and as to football, people find it boring as fuck, why d you take that personal WHEN IT'S THE MOST POPULAR SPORT IN THE WORLD?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:hings I "stand up for" tend to be unpopular or misunderstood because that's the trend. It's almost cool to hate on things like football and artists like BURIAL, because that's the expected reaction.
People disliked Burial because they just didn't like it, I was just as perplexed when I posted BT, but I understood it and as to football, people find it boring as fuck, why d you take that personal WHEN IT'S THE MOST POPULAR SPORT IN THE WORLD?
As I said, I expect a lot from this forum. At times, its a vibrant community of intelligent, articulate people. I expect them to have a little sophistication.

My mistake.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

So a popular sport = sophistication

I get it, just like all the other hooligans.

So sophisticated,