Random Music News

Music in all its forms and styles
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said
I thought Pete was talking about TesseracT there.  But I'm sure his dislikes Karnivool too, so rest easy.

I never deleted any Karnivool threads, so I imagine it must be from the old forum.

it was a comment about both, essentially... 

@kittaan: tough to comment on whether he can actually hold/carry notes well as a singer since I can't get past his shitty tone of voice or vocal delivery style enough to care
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I finally checked out that TesseracT album. Yeah, no thanks.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Jesus Christ

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Man and I thought the last album cover was terrible...
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy1975 said

The question is:

Q. How much more "ghey" could it get?

A. None. None more "ghey".

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Calfium Jay said

hellboy1975 said

The question is:

Q. How much more "ghey" could it get?

A. None. None more "ghey".

as a long time, might I say, die-hard fan, of Uncle Al, even I must admit that his album covers have been getting weaker  and weaker with every release for quite some time.  Here's hoping this at least sounds like less of a turd than that last piece of shit.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

You know it will be bad.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

but Al says that Mikey said, "You know what, Al? This is by far and away the best Ministry album we’ve ever done together. This is awesome".

what? you don't believe him, ya know, with the ever present curse of 'our best record ever'?!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay said
You know it will be bad.

"FILTH PIG" was the last good MINISTRY album.

And by the sweet Lord does that album own.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

MINISTRY ANNOUNCES From Beer To Eternity MINISTRY TO RELEASE 13TH STUDIO ALBUM, "FROM BEER TO ETERNITY," ON 9/6/13 Al Jourgensen Biography, Ministry Live DVD Also Coming This Summer 

LOS ANGELES, CA - June 18, 2016 -- Al Jourgensen, six-time Grammy nominated godfather of industrial metal, will release his band Ministry's 13th studio album, From Beer To Eternity, on September 6 (13th Planet Records). Pre-order info will be posted soon on Ministry's Facebook. As fans of the band know, after last year there wasn't going to be another Ministry album, but as Jourgensen put it recently, "I had no choice."    
Sessions for what would become From Beer to Eternity began last December at Jourgensen's 13th Planet compound in El Paso, TX with Jourgensen (who produced the album, composed the music and wrote the lyrics for all 11 songs), guitarists Mike Scaccia and Sin Quirin, drummer Aaron Rossi and bassist Tony Campos. Rough tracks for 18 songs were finished on December 19, and three days later, the 47-year old Scaccia died from a heart attack he suffered onstage while playing a live show with his band Rigor Mortis in Dallas, TX. Jourgensen, Quirin, Rossi and Campos were absolutely devastated.      

"We have never, in the history of Ministry, ever had a tracking session like that before," states Jourgensen, "everything went so smoothly, it was surreal. And Mikey was so on fire and inspired, and really a driving force for this record." After returning from Scaccia's funeral in Dallas, and shouldering the weight of grief as well as the desire to honor his fallen comrade, Jourgensen locked himself in his studio with his engineer and co-producer Sammy D'Ambruoso for three excruciating months. “There was no choice,” Jourgensen says of the bittersweet production process. “During the tracking sessions, Mikey was smiling and going, ‘You know what, Al? This is by far and away the best Ministry album we’ve ever done together. This is awesome.’ I'm super proud of From Beer to Eternity because it's my tribute to Mikey's incredible talent, and I feel it honors him and all of the years we spent together making music.”    

From the schizophrenic opening cut, the sarcasm-dripping, sound effect-laden “Hail to his Majesty (Peasants)” to the thrash-punk riffs and booming bass reverberations of “Punch in the Face,” to "Change of Luck," a song that Jourgensen wrote directly about Scaccia's death, From Beer to Eternity pulls no punches, sounding at once familiar, yet completely fresh and inspired. The release also includes "Side F/X Include Mikey's Middle Finger / TV4," which old school Ministry fans will recognize as a continuum in a series of TV songs that began in the mid-1990s, and underscores Scaccia's birthright as one of the greatest metal guitarists in the world.    

“PermaWar,” the first single from From Beer to Eternity, will drop digitally via iTunes in late July as a three-track maxi single. Additionally, 13th Planet Records will be releasing special products for From Beer to Eternity, including a Special Limited Edition Digipak with 13 tracks, a special FanBox edition, as well as vinyl and limited edition 12" inch picture discs.    

Ministry will support From Beer to Eternity with a cavalcade of music videos, off-the-wall "making of..." digital clips, and an on-going "dog-blog" commentary by Jourgensen's two Labradors, Lemmy and Ozzy, who were present every step of the way during the recording and mixing of From Beer to Eternity, and have launched their own Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Ozzyandlemmyjourgensen ) to tell the tail. Uh, tale.    

But wait, there's more. In addition to From Beer to Eternity coming in September, July 9 will see the release of Jourgensen's authorized biography, "Ministry: The Lost Gospels According to Al Jourgensen," penned by Jourgensen with Jon Wiederhorn on DaCapo Books. "Ministry" is a memoir both ugly and captivating, revealing Jourgensen as a man who lived a hard life his own way without making compromises." Then, the two-disc DVD "Ministry: Enjoy the Quiet - Live at Wacken 2012," debuts at already sold-out Wacken Open Air 2013 festival in Germany August 1-3. Shot live in concert at one of Ministry's final shows of the band's 2012 tour at Wacken's Open Air in front of 75,000 fans, the DVD features "New World Order," "99 Percenters," "Ghouldiggers," "Psalm 69," "Thieves," "Just One Fix," and "Khyber Pass."

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Didn't Ministry get retired like two albums ago? 
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said

Heroin addiction is a hard thing to kick.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said

Heroin addiction is a hard thing to kick.

with the exception of Ministry heroin makes great music.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Al Jourgenson is like George Lucas. Talented guy at an organistional, production manager level. It's when he takes over the factory floor and attempts to make the whole operation a one man show that he begins to suck and suck big time.

The man has become a clown. A parody of what once was...

Case in point:

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

Buzz always looks like he was just told his HIV test came back positive.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

High On Fire has a couple of live albums out now, I guess.

http://www.indiemerch.com/eonemusic/band/high-on-fire
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

^

this one looks much more better

JUNE 21, 2013

Due to excruciating pressure and critique from The Onion's A/V Club, Ministry has hired Al Jourgensen's 12-year-old nephew to re-design the cover art and also changed the title of the upcoming Ministry release. Production in Germany on the previous title and artwork was called to a halt at 7:00 am GST on June 19, 2013.

A/V club members sited the title and artwork for Ministry's "From Beer to Eternity" as stupid and misogynistic, comparing both to Spinal Tap's "Smell The Glove" pooh-poohing the new release and slagging Jourgensen for his "bag of chicks." The industrial metal godfather has been forced to reconsider his evil tongue-in-cheek ways and has reeled it back in. Here is the new Cover Art
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Mark Lanegan - on working with Duke Garwood & QotSA, his new 'crooner' album & more 

In a new interview with Q Magazine, Mark Lanegan discussed his collaborations and what he’s been recently working on. Lanegan talked about the positive experience he had working with Duke Garwood on their recent collaboration album ‘Black Pudding.’ While discussing his collaborations with various artists such as Josh Homme and Greg Dulli, he said that “the music is secondary to our friendship.” Lanegan also revealed that he will be releasing a new album in the fall of this year. 

On the topic of his new record, Lanegan said: 

“I wanted to make a record with a crooner-ish type of song, for want of a better term. You know, orchestrated, stuff like Andy Williams or Perry Como would do. I ended-up recording a record like that in February, it’s going to be out in the fall. That was something I wanted to do for years and years.” 

Lanegan also added: “I do a John Cale song, a Nick Cave song but in that style. It’s called Imitations.” 

Finally, Lanegan said that he’s been writing songs every day for the next Mark Lanegan Band album. The ‘crooner’ album and the new Mark Lanegan Band album are “all [he has] on the docket” right now. Lanegan recently rumored a two-disc anthology set and a new Gutter Twins album in the future, but the interview made no mention of these projects. 

Read the rest of the interview at Q Magazine:

http://news.qthemusic.com/2013/06/qa_ma ... ing_w.html
- You like noisy music?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Happy tenth birthday!

Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ How time flies.. Still the only Volta album I've loved from start to finish.. 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Good news for Aussie TV fans:

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?