Deftones

Music in all its forms and styles
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Deftones

Post by hellboy »

I've never been to a Deftones show where the ratio is anything like 3:1. It's the normal metal show sausagefest.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:I've never been to a Deftones show where the ratio is anything like 3:1. It's the normal metal show sausagefest.
I'd say it was nearly 50/50 with a slight edge to the fellas in melbs last time around, but I'm certainly not paying 3:1, especially outside of a metro area show
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I've seen Deftones 5 times, its never been close to 3:1.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It's different in NY.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think NYHC is getting confused with all the long haired goth fans, it can be hard to tell in the dark, but you know what they say - any port in a storm.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan wrote:It's different in NY.
it is, I've got 5 shows now under my belt in the greater metropolis and I've never seen anything like it before. they travel in packs too, pregame was two or three dudes walking up to a dozen girls pounding beers and striking out lol. then moving onto the next one. I guess that's what you guys get living on an island of pirates, leave the kangaroos next time Chino and they boys are in town. come see for yourselves.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:I think NYHC is getting confused with all the long haired goth fans, it can be hard to tell in the dark, but you know what they say - any port in a storm.

well played sir :lol:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:I think NYHC is getting confused with all the long haired goth fans, it can be hard to tell in the dark, but you know what they say - any port in a storm.

Mogula, you're from the Northeast corridor, tell these fools that the hotties come out to see the Deftones. the Long Island broads were out in full force!!!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:

Mogula, you're from the Northeast corridor, tell these fools that the hotties come out to see the Deftones. the Long Island broads were out in full force!!!
I'm from WNY, been catching the tones every possible time in every possible city since 96 including NYC a few times ... never have I experienced more women at a tones show than the last time around in Melbs and that was 'almost' 50/50 as stated ... If Mogaroons agrees with you, he's either lying or female (or both).
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

petemasterpete wrote:
I'm from WNY, been catching the tones every possible time in every possible city since 96 including NYC a few times ... never have I experienced more women at a tones show than the last time around in Melbs and that was 'almost' 50/50 as stated ... If Mogaroons agrees with you, he's either lying or female (or both).
Everyone taking potshots today. Suppose I had it coming.

Anyhoo...I am friends with a number of chicks that are Deftones fans but honestly 50/50 is pushing it for any Metal/Hard Rock show. The tones do have more cross over appeal and are more accessible than your average 'metal' band, although whether they fall into that category is debatable.

I will say in NY's defense that it does seem like a good portion of Deftones female fans I have run into are hot. Not sure why exactly. Maybe our resident hottie BKGG can shed some light on that one.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

chicks dig the 'Tones. my girls pretty hot, she loves them. my exes loved them too, but fuck those bitches lol.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The new album has been pushed back.
“I think October or November now, probably November, as of today we are rushing to get our thank you’s our credits and all that stuff turned in. Once the music turned in which should be hopefully in the next couple of weeks there is still some mixing and mastering to be done. But the recordings all done the songs are all there, they are awesome we’re excited about it. We’re just dealing with the stuff now, putting all the artwork and everything together. And then a few months for them—the powers that be—to prepare it to be released.”
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/deft ... ase_window
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The new album has been pushed back.
“I think October or November now, probably November, as of today we are rushing to get our thank you’s our credits and all that stuff turned in. Once the music turned in which should be hopefully in the next couple of weeks there is still some mixing and mastering to be done. But the recordings all done the songs are all there, they are awesome we’re excited about it. We’re just dealing with the stuff now, putting all the artwork and everything together. And then a few months for them—the powers that be—to prepare it to be released.”
http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/deft ... ase_window
ahhhh shitballs. :cry:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So it was October, then November, now 2016. Me thinks maybe Deftones got more than just Jerry Contrell to guest on the new album...
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Deftones feat Rob Thomas
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Upgrade!
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

when's their album due out? first quarter 2016 a possibility?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:when's their album due out? first quarter 2016 a possibility?
They either just started mixing it or they just finished mixing it, I'm pretty sure it's the former but I don't really remember. Either way I'd say yes.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:when's their album due out? first quarter 2016 a possibility?
They either just started mixing it or they just finished mixing it, I'm pretty sure it's the former but I don't really remember. Either way I'd say yes.
Mixing is complete at last report ... Sorting artwork (and likely press, etc). First quarter 2016 is the aim now ... Considering they're on the soundwave bill, I'd expect it to drop right around or soon after the end of January ... That said, it was due twice already and pushed back
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

To be honest, I kinda figured it wouldn't have been out by November. I imagine if they were going to have it out in October/November they would've known in August.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:To be honest, I kinda figured it wouldn't have been out by November. I imagine if they were going to have it out in October/November they would've known in August.
I don't disagree ... If it were gonna be out this month, they'd of likely dropped a few promos, if not a first single by/around now.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I must live under a rock. The Deftones were at that show in Paris?! wtf?

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/11/14/me ... -in-paris/
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:I must live under a rock. The Deftones were at that show in Paris?! wtf?

They were scheduled to play 3 nights in a row starting Saturday, the day after the attacks!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

fortysixand2 wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:I must live under a rock. The Deftones were at that show in Paris?! wtf?

They were scheduled to play 3 nights in a row starting Saturday, the day after the attacks!
they almost killed the Deftones? this means war.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

It's not surprising. Or at least it shouldn't be. We all know Chino's been involved with some of those ISIS guys for a while now.
I like to poop naked.