Deftones

Music in all its forms and styles
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

fortysixand2 said

gamebounty said
Does the song have an official name? I keep seeing that it's untitled.

Tropics

THANK YOU! Too bad the song was just ok...
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

deftones BBC1 live session stream
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

On a 'tones kick right now. Fucking mint.

Any updates on Eros? Too lazy to google the shit, thought I'd ask those who would know more about it. I know it has been shelved for now. Hasn't Chi been making progress? Kinda feel they won't release it until he's "better" or something.
SteveBobSteve
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

“…I think that record really captured that time in our lives and I don’t think we’re ready to look back at that time just yet. It’s really still fresh, like a fresh wound in a way, so it’s like one day we’ll release it but right now it’s one of the most personal things that we still deal with everyday so to kind of go there at this point when we feel like we’re really trudging forward doesn’t feel right.”

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/31945 ... chi-cheng/
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

More like deaftones, because you have to be DEAF to enjoy them, get it, DEAF, as in you can't hear the band, they're terrible
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Tyson said
More like deaftones, because you have to be DEAF to enjoy them, get it, DEAF, as in you can't hear the band, they're terrible

Tonedeafs would've been better.

Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I saw them at Lollapalooza a couple years ago.  The sound was absolutely terrible.  All anyone could hear were the drums and the vocals.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Deftones live show quality depends strongly on the venue. I've seen them at Madison Square Garden with Mastodon and Alice In Chains, they were good. then at Jones Beach on Long Island with System Of A Down, they were awful but SOAD sounded very good, strange. Last weekend I went to Terminal 5 in NYC, which fits maybe 400 people and they were great.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

Just realized they're in town tonight  maybe next time. Don't know if anyone has been paying attention to the setlist for this tour, but it looks pretty good. The only complaints I've heard is that they're not playing enough new stuff.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

InFlamesOfBirchmen said
Just realized they're in town tonight  maybe next time. Don't know if anyone has been paying attention to the setlist for this tour, but it looks pretty good. The only complaints I've heard is that they're not playing enough new stuff.

the set list is killer every night, so much better then the big festival shows. they covered every aspect of their catalog. only track I didn't get to hear was "Nosebleed". plus the people at the shows are cool as hell, girl to guy ratio is around 3 to 1 which made my chick comfortable. the female Deftones fans are very friendly and social. no meat heads either in NYC, which is refreshing. you see more jocks at a Tool show for some reason.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

NYHC81 said

InFlamesOfBirchmen said

the set list is killer every night, so much better then the big festival shows. they covered every aspect of their catalog. only track I didn't get to hear was "Nosebleed". plus the people at the shows are cool as hell ... no meat heads either in NYC, which is refreshing. you see more jocks at a Tool show for some reason.

@flames: they've got seven records and some other random tunes to fit into 20-25 songs a night... will say I could pass on 7 words as an encore after so many years of attending their gigs...

@81: cuz deftones don't play sober or schism... tones fans are a fucking blast in most cases... normally I find that peeps don't go see deftones to say they were there so much as other popular bands... mostly actual fans at their gigs
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

petemasterpete said

... normally I find that peeps don't go see deftones to say they were there so much as other popular bands... mostly actual fans at their gigs

Is this a thing Pete?  I don't get that at all.  It's such a hassle, not to mention costly, to go see a show most of the time. Why would anybody feel motivated to go to a show they didn't want to see just to "say they were there"?  All kinds of fucked up.
Ki77aan :twisted:
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Kittaan said

petemasterpete said

... normally I find that peeps don't go see deftones to say they were there so much as other popular bands... mostly actual fans at their gigs

Is this a thing Pete?  I don't get that at all.  It's such a hassle, not to mention costly, to go see a show most of the time. Why would anybody feel motivated to go to a show they didn't want to see just to "say they were there"?  All kinds of fucked up.

you've obviously never been to a show in Melbourne... everything's a 'scene', man
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Nope, never.  Would like to some day, but not to witness that shit.

Guess I'm too old to really get that.  Or not into the bands that applies to?  Not sure.  
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Deftones are nu-metal.  Anyone who goes to see them to be part of the scene is an idiot.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said
Deftones are nu-metal.  Anyone who goes to see them to be part of the scene is an idiot.

If I understand you guys on this, isn't someone who goes to see any band just to be "part of the scene" an idiot?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

If I understand you guys on this, isn't someone who goes to see any band just to be "part of the scene" an idiot?

Not at all.   Specifically nu-metal fans are idiots and there's no kudos for going to nu-metal shows.  

Personally I have no problems going to shows even if I don't know the bands.  Quite happy to go to local punk/metal/rock shows just to check out some new stuff.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said
Deftones are nu-metal.

nu-metal fans are idiots 
Whoa, whoa, whoa.  What are you saying here?

Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

Not at all.   Specifically nu-metal fans are idiots and there's no kudos for going to nu-metal shows.  

Personally I have no problems going to shows even if I don't know the bands.  Quite happy to go to local punk/metal/rock shows just to check out some new stuff.

I must have missed something, what the hell is nu-metal? Deftones have been making music for twenty years. Only people that didn't respect "Adrenaline" in 94' around the New York Hardcore scene were skinheads.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

Kittaan said
^ Nope, never.  Would like to some day, but not to witness that shit.

Guess I'm too old to really get that.  Or not into the bands that applies to?  Not sure.  

so you've never been to a tool show? half the crowd at their gigs could give two fucks... hence the goddamned talking through the entirety of Wings everytime I saw that tour... essentially, if you have a radio hit, half your audience is wankers... magnified by the size of the venue
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Kittaan said

petemasterpete said

My facebook "news feed" is full of people taking pictures of random bands or themselves watching random bands.  These same people like to think they're "into music" when really they're just there to say they're there.  Although, there are a small few who just want to see new stuff.  I've got a friend whose sole mission in life is to go to every show he possibly can.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

NYHC81 said

hellboy1975 said

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

I must have missed something, what the hell is nu-metal? Deftones have been making music for twenty years. Only people that didn't respect "Adrenaline" in 94' around the New York Hardcore scene were skinheads.

^ I must have missed that memo as well.  Deftones were very popular before Nu-Metal even became a genre.  Categorizing them in the same genre as Limp Bisquick and Disturbed is fucking ridiculous.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

Personally I have no problems going to shows even if I don't know the bands.  Quite happy to go to local

punk/metal/rock shows just to check out some new stuff.

Are you fucking with me, or was that a serious response?

"just to check out some new stuff" is VERY different from going to a show to be "part of a scene".  I think that's totally valid, and while I don't do that as much as I used to, if I had more opportunity I would.  As I said earlier, it's quite a hassle with a more than full time job, wife, kid and other responsibilities  not to mention proximity to where most of the shows are and not least the cost of the ticket.... I used to hit a ton of shows and now have to be more selective.

@ Pete and Phox - yeah, I do know what you're talking about.  I studiously ignore those fuckers.  

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said 
Are you fucking with me, or was that a serious response?

"just to check out some new stuff" is VERY different from going to a show to be "part of a scene".  I think that's totally valid, and while I don't do that as much as I used to, if I had more opportunity I would.  

No, I don't believe it's any different, at least in the eyes of many of them.  I can't speak specifically for people that go to Deftones shows (to be honest I'd be surprised if there were many there with no interest in them  at all), but back in the day I used to go to punk shows most weekends - sometimes we'd play, sometimes we'd just enjoy whoever was playing.  Who was playing was largely irrelevant - we were there because we wanted to hang out with friends and support the music scene in general.