Deftones

Music in all its forms and styles
GaryS
Maynard Believer

Post by GaryS »

Just stumbled across this, still listening to Entombed. Like how Chino's handling the vocals.
b_hilburn
Maynard Believer

Post by b_hilburn »

Deftones.com Exclusive 180 gram Limited Edition Live Album is now up for ordering. 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Deftones'll make ya...

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Koi No Yokan won album of the year at the Revolver's 2013 Golden Gods Awards.
Don't mow your lawn
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

So now we've got the curtain raiser (the rubbish band tool) out of the way  who's going to the Saturday night gig on the 18th?
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

UndKeineEier said

Yeah, that was a painful show to sit through.  Thank the time lords for DVRs.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

badkittygothgirl said

UndKeineEier said

Yeah, that was a painful show to sit through.  Thank the time lords for DVRs.

I didn't watch it.  I just heard about it.

Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Interesting video for Swerve City.

Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineEier said
Interesting video for Swerve City.

I'm still waiting for these guys to do something I DON'T like. it's been what? 20 years? hot outlaw chicks on horses? yes please!!

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

264zn said
So now we've got the curtain raiser (the rubbish band tool) out of the way  who's going to the Saturday night gig on the 18th?

Me... had tix to both Friday and Saturday but a few mates couldn't get tix at the time so I'm giving the Friday tix up to them.

NYHC81: I'm still waiting for these guys to do something I DON'T like.

exactly that... except for a couple tracks on saturday night wrist
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

For those interested:

Speaking to Artisan News (see video below) on the "black carpet" at the fifth annual Revolver Golden Gods awards on May 2 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California, Moreno was asked if "Eros" will ever come out. "It will," he said. "I think [the chances of that happening are] more so now probably than ever [before]." He added: "I actually went back and listened to some of it recently and… you know, I don't know when [we will put it out] or… but I feel it's a little more appropriate now for us to think about that [than it has been] in the last few years to think about."

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said
For those interested:

Speaking to Artisan News (see video below) on the "black carpet" at the fifth annual Revolver Golden Gods awards on May 2 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California, Moreno was asked if "Eros" will ever come out. "It will," he said. "I think [the chances of that happening are] more so now probably than ever [before]." He added: "I actually went back and listened to some of it recently and… you know, I don't know when [we will put it out] or… but I feel it's a little more appropriate now for us to think about that [than it has been] in the last few years to think about."

Doesn't really say much.

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It says a lot. That album is coming out, like Ellen D. 18 years ago.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said 
Doesn't really say much.

That fact that it's back in their thoughts is probably of interest to many Deftones fans.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It's not really any different from what he said a couple of months ago.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

For those who enjoy partying after gigs:

craigw
Maynard Believer

Post by craigw »

The boys smashed at the Tiv last night. New stuff sounded so good. 7th time last night and they still have it. Chino was on fine form, taking the stairs to the balcony and singing up there. One guy made it on to the stage and Chino passed the mic to let him have a crack a singing. Tracks from all 7 albums, couldn't ask for more really.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

craigw said
The boys smashed at the Tiv last night. New stuff sounded so good. 7th time last night and they still have it. Chino was on fine form, taking the stairs to the balcony and singing up there. One guy made it on to the stage and Chino passed the mic to let him have a crack a singing. Tracks from all 7 albums, couldn't ask for more really.

lucky bastards got Riviere... benn waiting years to hear that and/or moana live... hope it stays in the set for Melbourne
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Think we got a bit of Riviere in London 2011, first and only show I've caught so far! But shit what a great setlist;

Rocket Skates

Birthmark

Engine No. 9P

Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)

My Own Summer (Shove It)

Lhabia

Digital Bath

Knife Prty

Korea

Minerva

(Dedicated to Chi Cheng)

Bloody Cape

You've Seen the Butcher

Royal

Sextape

Kimdracula

Cherry Waves

Hole in the Earth

Elite

Change (In the House of Flies)

(Preceded by a snippet of Rivière)

Passenger

Encore:

Nosebleed

7 Words

I'm trying to avoid any setlist spoilers for Saturday, so if you discuss previous shows here...do you mind chucking the spoiler tag over it? Thanks!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

sorry mate... actually thought about the 'spoiler' thing, too... but they mostly change or atleast reorder tunes, so you'll still be mostly surprised regardless.  You're going Saturday, too, huh?

264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

petemasterpete said
sorry mate... actually thought about the 'spoiler' thing, too... but they mostly change or atleast reorder tunes, so you'll still be mostly surprised regardless.  You're going Saturday, too, huh?

no worries, yeah they generally mix it up a bit and play a pretty healthy set (unlike another band I know) haha. 

Yeah bro heading to the Saturday gig, got a GA ticket. You smashing a beer or 3 before hand? Have you caught them in Melbourne before, or seen anyone decent acts at this venue? Is it any good? 

Just cranking adrenaline; one weak and lifter kick some serious ass, infact, that whole album never gets old. 
craigw
Maynard Believer

Post by craigw »

That London set list is sick 264zn. To be honest they could play anything and it would be good for me. Always like to hear lots from the latest album though and this tour they are getting that balance spot on.

Setlist in Sydney last night was identical to Brissy. Minus one song.... Rivière. It did seem like Chino caught the rest of the band off guard when he started to play it. A poster on setlist did comment that it wasn't printed on the actual setlist. Lets hope you guys get it in Melbourne at the weekend. I will say Chino seemed on a real high, stage diving, real talkative, laughing and joking with Sergio a fair bit. Was a joy to watch. Bodes well for the rest of the tour I'd say. Have a good one guys! 
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

264zn said

petemasterpete said

no worries, yeah they generally mix it up a bit and play a pretty healthy set (unlike another band I know) haha. 

Yeah bro heading to the Saturday gig, got a GA ticket. You smashing a beer or 3 before hand? Have you caught them in Melbourne before, or seen anyone decent acts at this venue? Is it any good? 

Just cranking adrenaline; one weak and lifter kick some serious ass, infact, that whole album never gets old. 

yeah man, I've seen several gigs at this place (fantomas, PT, Deftones, Grinderman, etc.) and it's a perfect place for a tones show... all standing, tiered balcony, a bit dingy on the inside, decent sound

not sure how many beers I'll skull before the gig... prolly won't be in town til about 7ish (an hour before the tones go on stage: 8pm per the venue website).  But if you wanna PM me your number I can msg ya when I do get there and at minimum buy ya a drink at the venue before their set
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

craigw said
That London set list is sick 264zn. To be honest they could play anything and it would be good for me. Always like to hear lots from the latest album though and this tour they are getting that balance spot on.

Setlist in Sydney last night was identical to Brissy. Minus one song.... Rivière. It did seem like Chino caught the rest of the band off guard when he started to play it. A poster on setlist did comment that it wasn't printed on the actual setlist. Lets hope you guys get it in Melbourne at the weekend. I will say Chino seemed on a real high, stage diving, real talkative, laughing and joking with Sergio a fair bit. Was a joy to watch. Bodes well for the rest of the tour I'd say. Have a good one guys! 

Yep, it was one hell of a night in London! Best live show I've seen since tool in NZ 2002, and even then it may have topped it! I'm a bit like you, deftones could play anything and I would be happy. I don't think there is anything they've done I don't enjoy? So you went to both the Sydney and Brisbane shows? Sounds like they're in fine form, can't wait to hear the new stuff live!

petemasterpete said

264zn said

petemasterpete said

yeah man, I've seen several gigs at this place (fantomas, PT, Deftones, Grinderman, etc.) and it's a perfect place for a tones show... all standing, tiered balcony, a bit dingy on the inside, decent sound

not sure how many beers I'll skull before the gig... prolly won't be in town til about 7ish (an hour before the tones go on stage: 8pm per the venue website).  But if you wanna PM me your number I can msg ya when I do get there and at minimum buy ya a drink at the venue before their set

Oh sweet, glad to hear it's the right setting for deftones. From google images it looks similar to the shepherd's bush empire (where I saw them in London) which is a good set up.

Haha don't think I'll be getting too carried away with the beers before hand either (nek minute), yeah will prob mish into town around 7 too. I'll flick you a PM