Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

NYHC81 said

hellboy1975 said
I guess Deftones fans get pretty emo when you criticise their favorite band

isn't Tool our favorite band?

Nah, we're all tool cool to admit to that

Best typo ever.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

BKGG: stole that cuz I know just the right guy that needs to see that.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl said
I googled hipster metal fan and this is what I found.  Ha!

I just google image'd "goth metal fan" and got this...just sayin lol.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ezeric82
Maynard Believer

Post by ezeric82 »

If anyone is interested there are prints for sale from the Deftones recent tour @ jermainerogers.com . Normal prints$50-foil prints $100. 
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

This one is my favorite!

ezeric82
Maynard Believer

Post by ezeric82 »

^Yeah,I think that one is the best of the series too...Wish Atl could've got a better looking poster. Nashville and Corpus Christi kick ass too.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

ezeric82 said
^Yeah,I think that one is the best of the series too...Wish Atl could've got a better looking poster. Nashville and Corpus Christi kick ass too.

Agreed.  I was disappointed in the Atl poster.  Didn't you win tickets to the show?  How was it?
ezeric82
Maynard Believer

Post by ezeric82 »

Yeah I won some tix off the radio back in January. The show was actually really good. Sound was spot on as usual at the Tab! Even though we were disappointed w/the poster,we still picked one up cuz we did not own a J.R. print. Would have been better if y'all could've gone though!!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Palms record is finished and I couldn’t be happier with both the experience of creating this album and how it turned out.

In early March, I met up with Deftones on the East Coast leg of their tour so that Chino and I could wrap up some vocals for the record. We turned hotel rooms and backstage areas into temporary recording studios, which you can see a bit of in the photo gallery above. It was also fun to travel with the Deftones guys and crew for a few days; thanks to them for making me feel welcome and for being such great people.

We’ve now officially handed the record off to the label. No more tweaking things. No more adding or subtracting. It’s nerve-wracking, but it’s also an enormous relief. Now I get to listen to it like a “regular person” instead of scrutinizing every part. The other day I listened to the whole record during a run and it was indescribably satisfying. I hope you guys enjoy the record as much as we enjoyed creating it. It comes out June, 25, 2013 on Ipecac Recordings.

http://aaronharris-audio.com/2013/04/01 ... io-update/
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I saw them at the Mobile, AL show and thank fuck I did. Got tickets at the last minute and it was a relatively tiny venue for them.

I was super impressed because in almost every video/recording I've heard of their live show over the years, Chino sounded like absolute dogshit. I'm happy to say he sounded absolutely perfect that night, as did the rest of the band. Still not crazy about Stephen's guitar tone, but that's another gripe (love the writing though of course).

Amazing show, glad I finally got to see them after all these years. Now, Periphery... yeah. Less said the better. Now I just need to see Deftones with a better opener.
b_hilburn
Maynard Believer

Post by b_hilburn »

You can take a listen to Palms here:

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... but-record

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

b_hilburn said
You can take a listen to Palms here:

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... but-record

Terrible.  Not sure what they are trying for.  Doesn't even sound like post-rock.  Certainly not post-metal.  It kinda sounds like a pop song.  Disappointing as hell given that Isis is one of my all time favorite bands and Aaron Harris is one of my favorite drummers.  Kind of funny how they label it a "supergroup".  It's Isis minus Aaron Turner and Chino.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

more awesome Palms news just for mog:

We just completed our first interview with REVOLVER Magazine. We'll post when the issue is out. Also for those who missed the initial announcement - the record is finished and will be out June 25th onIpecac Recordings .

personally, I've no issues at all with the track... spacey and a bit minimalistic is exactly what I expect from Chino... look into his music preference a bit and it's blatantly obvious this is better suited to his personal taste than a lot of deftones tracks
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I love it. They did try to warn people it wasn't going to sound like what they thought, and that it was poppy.

It's also one song. Who knows what the rest will sound like.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

petemasterpete said

We just completed our first interview with REVOLVER Magazine. We'll post when the issue is out. Also for those who missed the initial announcement - the record is finished and will be out June 25th onIpecac Recordings .

Don't be a dumb ass.  I am happy for the guys and hope it does well.  Didn't like that song when I heard it before it was mastered and I don't like it any better now.  Let's be honest Chino could cover the fucking Culture Club and you would be all over it.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Also re: Mog's comment... poor Mike Gallagher. No love.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

joeypants said

I thought Mike had joined the party.  I see it is just Aaron, Cliff and Jeff.  Fuck that is even worse.  Mike is a beast.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

mogeffingmog said

joeypants said

I thought Mike had joined the party.  I see it is just Aaron, Cliff and Jeff.  Fuck that is even worse.  Mike is a beast.

June 25th, 2013 "Palms" will release their debut album. Jeff, Adam, Bryant & Chino. I'm extremely excited for that. Kinda like if I heard Metallica was doing an album with Lombardo. Just a nice twist on an old theme.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

mogeffingmog said

petemasterpete said

Don't be a dumb ass.  I am happy for the guys and hope it does well.  Didn't like that song when I heard it before it was mastered and I don't like it any better now.  Let's be honest Chino could cover the fucking Culture Club and you would be all over it.

Hmmmm... you know me too well now... I think we need to spend some time apart... I just think it'll be better for the both ofsus...

no, no, don't cry, sugar...

it's not you, it's me... I just feel like I've some other things I need to explore apart from prog-rock
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I got something you can "explore"
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineEier said

haha!! go explore the titty thread. it's like the kitty thread but with more tits.

petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineEier said

surely, your vag has already seen it's share of adventurers... looking for something a little less discovered
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

petemasterpete said

mogeffingmog said

petemasterpete said

Hmmmm... you know me too well now... I think we need to spend some time apart... I just think it'll be better for the both ofsus...

no, no, don't cry, sugar...

it's not you, it's me... I just feel like I've some other things I need to explore apart from prog-rock

Sarcastic much?  Wait don't answer that.

What would you like to explore?  Doom, Sludge, Post-Metal, Post-Rock, Prog-Metal, Black Metal, Jazz/Fusion, Blues, Classical, Hip-Hop, Opera?  We wouldn't want you to start your journey without a road map.  If you want Grind, Punk/Post-Punk or Thrash Hellboy is your man.  Well he technically IS already your man, but you get the point.  Skype sessions still going well I hope?

Who da thunk Aaron Harris and Chino would have gotten together and made a poop, uh i mean pop, album?  That would be like the lead singer of that band Tool making Dance hits.  Wait...

With Love,

Mog
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

pretty decent interview with Stephen Carpenter, including a seemingly rational approach to the illegal downloading issue:

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Swerve City Lyric Video Premiere

Don't mow your lawn