Propagandhi @ Fowlers 5-June-2014

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Propagandhi @ Fowlers 5-June-2014

Post by hellboy »

I first saw Propagandhi back in 94 I think, playing as a three piece at the Crown & Anchor with another punk band All You Can Eat. It was a great show, and for me was a defining moment that got me into the whole punk scene.

20 years later this hit Adelaide once more, a couple of years after their last album Failed States. The set was filled with largely new material, but had a few throw backs to older albums, all of which went down with a largely middle aged audience. Highlights were A Speculative Fiction, Fuck The Border and Back To The Motor League. Liz seemed to really get behind the anti-religion anthem Haillie Sallasse, Up Your Ass. Downside was that the venue had run out of Dark Ale.

Overall, excellent show, not the best I've seen them, but not the worst either. Great night out!

Here's a shitty pic!

liz
Lunchinator

Re: Propagandhi @ Fowlers 5-June-2014

Post by liz »

Yes I thought they were excellent too and that song did make me smile.

As a late comer to this band it is pleasing to note that it is their more recent material that I like best. Straight forward punk songs can be fun but it was their heavier, more complex material that I prefer. They played a new song which was certainly still heading into that richer vein. I look forward to another album.

A pleasure as always Hellboy, we had a great time, and it was bad luck about that dark ale.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."