The X-Files

Movies, TV and other video based media
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: The X-Files

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:Everthing in the entertainment industry is a cash grab. It's time for people to collectively get over that.

My experience with the show so far, is that there are parts that are quite good, and part that are pretty meh. I also wish it were longer than 6 episodes, or if there are only 6 then they are more cohesive and narrative driven.
^ That is my biggest issue. In terms of the cash grab debate we have beaten that horse. Obviously everyone involved in any form of entertainment is looking to make money, but an obvious cash grab is obvious. What I don't like is that the 6 episodes have no cohesive narrative. 6 random episodes just seems like a nostalgia pull and as such, hasn't really drawn me in enough to invest any time with it. I suspect I will purchase them at some point for curiosity sake, but I wish they would have tied the 6 episodes in together.

Or maybe they have? That was why I was asking BKGG. Everything I read has said they are completely standalone. Thoughts?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Considering that the weakest episode of this season has been the one most focused on the overarching narrative, I'm not sure a narrative driven X-Files miniseries would have been all that good.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Considering that the weakest episode of this season has been the one most focused on the overarching narrative, I'm not sure a narrative driven X-Files miniseries would have been all that good.
I think that episode could have been fine if they hadn't tried to jam it all into a 45 minute timeslot.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Considering that the weakest episode of this season has been the one most focused on the overarching narrative, I'm not sure a narrative driven X-Files miniseries would have been all that good.
Interesting. That is a turn off. There are numerous questions the original series left open and I would have been much more interested had they decided to release the miniseries reboot as one large story broken into six episodes that focused on answering those questions and giving the series proper closure. 6 standalone stories for nostalgia sake doesn't interest me. Much in the way the second X Files movie did nothing for me. Had they tied that movie into the larger overarching narrative I would have enjoyed it. Appreciate the feedback.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think you're reading it wrong Mog, there are both standalone and story arc episodes.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

So, I think that the doppelgangers are going to be back in the next episode. I thought I saw them in the preview.

Can anyone confirm this?
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I too saw them
Don't mow your lawn
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Agent Einstein is so hawt.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

‘The X-Files’ Is Officially Returning for 10 More Episodes
http://collider.com/x-files-season-11-renewed/

Meh.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I never got around to finishing the last new season, it was mostly pretty bland.

I want to believe this will be good, but am not expecting this to happen.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It was fun having Mulder and Scully back and there were a couple of good episodes, but the last episode or two were just awful and I'm not really interested in seeing more of that. I'd be more excited if Chris Carter wasn't involved.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:It was fun having Mulder and Scully back and there were a couple of good episodes, but the last episode or two were just awful and I'm not really interested in seeing more of that. I'd be more excited if Chris Carter wasn't involved.
Yeah, I think some form of reboot would be a good idea, rather than just flogging an almost dead horse.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

I kind of wish they would do another movie and sort of wrap up that larger story arc about the alien invasion and all that jazz. That was when X Files was at it's finest. Finish up that big story. Bring on the little grey bastards and lets have some fun. Another year worth of episodes doesn't interest me.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:I kind of wish they would do another movie and sort of wrap up that larger story arc about the alien invasion and all that jazz. That was when X Files was at it's finest. Finish up that big story. Bring on the little grey bastards and lets have some fun. Another year worth of episodes doesn't interest me.
Yeah, I don't really disagree with that.

If they are going to do a series though, I'd prefer it to be a series long story arc, rather than monster of the week type episodes. I think the X-Files would work really well in that kind of format.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I want to believe this will be good. Not sure I am though.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Randumb Thoughts, maaannn

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If Chris Carter weren't involved I'd be more optimistic. Dude's lost the plot. (Though that pilot he did a few years ago for Amazon wasn't too bad)
Don't mow your lawn
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Gillian Anderson quits The X-Files and says season 11 will be her last

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-file ... -season-11
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

She doesn't say that with great conviction though. More like "this is my last one, unless they talk me into it again"...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

You can't have The X-Files without Scully, they were able to do it without Mulder and it worked alright, but I honestly don't think you could do without Scully. Unless you start it over with a new cast.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:You can't have The X-Files without Scully, they were able to do it without Mulder and it worked alright, but I honestly don't think you could do without Scully. Unless you start it over with a new cast.
Yep, I think they should reboot it personally, rather that just dragging it out with the original cast.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?