Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Star Wars Hype Train

Post by hellboy »

Not so interested in that stuff. What I really want to see if the Lego Star Wars stuff for the new movie.

Also, some of the ships and things from that catalog look quite odd. Might just be the scale.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:Hasbro has released the catalog for Force Friday...and it is awesome!
you're the greatest human ever. what's with the Rey "Starkiller" figure?!? is that the EU Starkiller?! VADER'S SECRET APPRENTICE?! I'm so confused and excited lol
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Starkiller Base is a location in the new film.
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What I really liked about that little Instagram clip is how the lightsabers are activated in time with the music.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Force Friday will soon be upon us. We will be at Dragon Con with our friends. A friend is planning on renting a limo to go to the nearest toys r us, in costume, for the event. I hope this still happens. Even though we can't shop, we can window look and have fun. We are also friends with Christian Waggoneer. He is an officially licensed artist for Lucas Film and subsequently, Disney. He is going to give us a tour of his studio. You can check out his amazing artwork here.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Today was Force Friday so I celebrated by going to Toys R Us and spending around $120 on Star Wars paraphernalia - but don't spread the word around as it will seriously damage my street cred around these parts. Just keep it quiet.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Calfium Jay wrote:Today was Force Friday so I celebrated by going to Toys R Us and spending around $120 on Star Wars paraphernalia - but don't spread the word around as it will seriously damage my street cred around these parts. Just keep it quiet.
I reckon much of these parts are super nerdy... Be Star Wars proud (I am sure you are).... I am...
Be good to each other.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I was tempted to buy some Lego, but have so far resisted giving in to the dark side.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I got this for a start:

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/09/revie ... s-speeder/

To be fair, I really only bought this stuff so I can sell it later. It's not like I'm a Star Wars fan. It's ok - not particularly big on it. I actually spent most of my money yesterday on an Avengers "Hulk Buster" toy. Neither of which I intend on ever taking out of the packaging. But hopefully they increase in value in a few years time. I know for a fact the Hulk Buster is in limited supply. There were approx. 5000 other Avengers 12" figurines there and only 1 Hulk Buster, which I greedily grabbed, knocking some young child across the room in the process. I'm sure he'll be ok though. Eventually.

I'm sure I'll make some cash on the purchase. The Force Awakens figurines are (mostly) already sold out and are fetching big bucks on eBay.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Good luck, personally I'm not convinved that toys made these days will fetch the same premium as those from the original series did. It is a fun hobby though, that's for sure.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The toys that do go up in value are usually the limited edition or variant types. Years ago I bought the first helmet less Vader figure thinking it would go up in value but it's still not worth much.
Hey! Denty!
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

I got bitten by the toy bug two weeks ago. Up til then it's not something I've ever thought about (as an adult). I guess I'm getting bored with collecting vinyl week in week out. And collecting is in my genes so I need to change to something.

Last week I was at the Chapel St Bazaar and stumbled across a still sealed Batmobile assemble kit from the 1970's. Mint condition. Magnificent box art. Paid $75 for it and later tracked one down on ebay that's selling for $125 (which just recently sold). So I'm already pleased as punch. This week I went on a bit of a splurge - buying a couple of Batman graphic novels, a Beware The Batman dvd, a Captain America 12" figurine, a Hulk Buster 12" figurine and the Star Wars speeder. All up a grand total of $230. But I can afford to do all of this shit as I don't pay rent and don't have a wife or kids. It's gotta be one or the other. I couldn't do stuff like this with a family to support. When/If I do I'll have to sell most of it.

Being unattached has its drawbacks at times, but then there are the perks.....but as for being labelled a "manchild", well, bring it on. Considering a lot of guys I look up to collect this shit (Bill from Mastodon, King Buzzo, Adam Jones....). I don't think toy/comic collecting is as "geeky" as it was 20 years ago. In fact, if anything, it's sort of "hipster"....

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote:The toys that do go up in value are usually the limited edition or variant types. Years ago I bought the first helmet less Vader figure thinking it would go up in value but it's still not worth much.

Yeah. You have to wait a long time in most cases. I'm talking about an entire generation of waiting.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

There are some Marvel Legends that shoot up in price relatively quickly. You might wanna look into those if this is a new hobby for you.

I'm not really a collector but I do have 4 that I like to use as decoration. They're all worth $40+.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I used to have a bunch of those as a kid. They were really well made, it was hard to play with some of them.

Let's see, I had:

Two Punishers: Original, and Tom Jane movie version (he just wants his kids back)
A red and silver Iron Man
Two ghost riders: the original one, and the better version they released later
Colossus
Nick Fury
Black Panther
War Machine
Captain America
Galactus' leg
A sentinal's arm
Daredevil (movie version)
Gambit
And maybe The Human Torch
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz at the AD reference
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

On my Xmas list:

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Well, how much is one of those things gonna set you back...?

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:Well, how much is one of those things gonna set you back...?
Who knows, probably more than I'm willing to pay.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the BB-8 toy is $150 (it's also coupled with a smart phone app that does some awesome shit), the quad-copter Millennium Falcon is $110 but Amazon has it for$88. all in all I don't think that's too bad because the reviews on the functionality and the full demonstrations show that they're durable as hell and cool as fuck. I wish I was a little kid again lol
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

this isn't fan art, it's an official picture/poster from the new film. apparently they all have a scene together. droids rule.

lo7us

Post by lo7us »

I am super pumped for Star Wars VII. Then also, Star Wars VIII. They just started filming the next one.

Can't wait!!
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Anxiously awaiting the next trailer...
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

lo7us wrote:I am super pumped for Star Wars VII. Then also, Star Wars VIII. They just started filming the next one.

Can't wait!!
they are doing some pe-production stuff for VIII, I've never seen "Looper" and Rian is directing Episode VIII. I hear good things about him, anyone have any input? I know you guys are pretty damn good movie critics.