Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Post by hellboy »

Choo choo!
The iconic Star Wars character Han Solo is to be the subject of the second standalone Star Wars spin-off movie.
The Disney-owned studio Lucasfilm has already announced plans for its first standalone film, Star Wars: Rogue One, which will be released internationally in 2016.
The film, which does not yet have a title, will focus on a young Han Solo, at the beginning of his career as a smuggler.
When film audiences met in him in 1977's Star Wars, he was an established smuggler whose claim to fame was that his ship, the Millennium Falcon, could "make the Kessel run in 12 parsecs".
He was played in the original Star Wars films by actor Harrison Ford, who is poised to reprise the role in the so-called "sequel trilogy", which begins with this year's Star Wars, Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
Because of the time period of the planned film, the role of Han Solo would obviously be recast.
It would most likely focus on Solo's acquisition of the Millennium Falcon, and the beginning of his friendship with the Falcoon's Wookie co-pilot Chewbacca.
It may also include a younger version of Lando Calrissian, whom Solo knew in his youth.
Another former smuggler, Calrissian was introduced in 1980's The Empire Strikes Back as a mining administrator and was played by Billy Dee Williams.
The standalone "origin story" for Han Solo is due in cinemas in 2018.
It will be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, the directing partnership behind 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie.
the script will be written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan.
The 66-year-old Lawrence Kasdan was the co-writer of the second and third original Star Wars trilogy films, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Star Wars Hype Train

Post by nxrm »

Yeah, there's really nothing about a Han Solo prequel that sounds like a good idea. I wish they'd leave the original trilogy and characters alone and just focus on new stories.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:Yeah, there's really nothing about a Han Solo prequel that sounds like a good idea. I wish they'd leave the original trilogy and characters alone and just focus on new stories.
It could be good, it could be bad. Sames goes of all the proposed SW movies. I find it hard personally to render judgement on a film that hasn't even started production yet.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller have a pretty compelling resume, and having Lawrence Kasdan as writer is pretty impressive too.

I think there's a good chance this will be a solid movie.
Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I've been on that train for awhile.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm kind of odd when it comes to the Wars of the Stars. While I do like them a lot, I don't think the original trilogy is as great as a lot of people think they are. Serious question: Just what exactly does Vader do that made people think he was such a bad ass back in the day? Now in the comics he's absolutely awesome... But the original trilogy? Kind of a jabroni if you ask me.

As for the prequels, I probably like them more than most. Even the mostly crap Phantom Menace at least had some cool fights and the pod race. Clones is wacky but fun and Revenge would probably be up there with the original 3 if Mannequin Skywalker's acting wasn't so awful.

As for the new movie, I don't really have any expectations for it so I'll probably like it just fine.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

He was tall, dark, and menacing.

And he force choked a guy.

And he stopped lasers with his hand.

And killed Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And chopped off his own son's hand.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:I'm kind of odd when it comes to the Wars of the Stars. While I do like them a lot, I don't think the original trilogy is as great as a lot of people think they are. Serious question: Just what exactly does Vader do that made people think he was such a bad ass back in the day? Now in the comics he's absolutely awesome... But the original trilogy? Kind of a jabroni if you ask me.
He killed a bunch of younglings for a start. And screamed Noooooooo! in a menacing manner.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

And he's voiced by James Earl Jones.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:He killed a bunch of younglings for a start. And screamed Noooooooo! in a menacing manner.
Which reminds me that I should use this more often:

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Don't mow your lawn
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote:I don't think the original trilogy is as great as a lot of people think it is.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Dark Helmet was way more badass than Darth Vader.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:And he force choked a guy.

And he stopped lasers with his hand.

And killed Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And chopped off his own son's hand.
Yea force choked some bozo, how impressive.

That was neat.

It was pretty obvious Obi Wan let him kill him.

That was bad ass.
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Dark Helmet was way more badass than Darth Vader.
Truth
Hey! Denty!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:I find it hard personally to render judgement on a film that hasn't even started production yet.
Admittedly, I am very critical of movies before, during, and after their production: a true film snob. It's actually part of how I enjoy them though.

I realize I'm biased when it comes to the original Star Wars films because of nostalgia, and there's some good stuff in the prequels (along with a lot of nonsense), but I just wish they'd focus on new stories/characters.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Now this is what I'm talking about:

[youtube][/youtube]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Very reassuring video. Movie is definitely heading in a good direction.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Practical effects FTW!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Movie/TV News

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

some new Star Wars: The Force Awakens pics. still no peaks at Andy Serkis' character "Supreme Leader Snoke" or Max Von Sydow, no clue who his character even is. JJ and Kathleen playing this pretty close to the chest. I'm very excited for this, obviously.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Nice!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

nxrm wrote:Image
holy shit, that actually looks like a real leak!!!!!!!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

definitely give this a peep, the highlights tied his interview up real nice. plus he does great impressions of George Lucas and Sir Alec Guinness.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:Choo choo!
The iconic Star Wars character Han Solo is to be the subject of the second standalone Star Wars spin-off movie.
The Disney-owned studio Lucasfilm has already announced plans for its first standalone film, Star Wars: Rogue One, which will be released internationally in 2016.
The film, which does not yet have a title, will focus on a young Han Solo, at the beginning of his career as a smuggler.
When film audiences met in him in 1977's Star Wars, he was an established smuggler whose claim to fame was that his ship, the Millennium Falcon, could "make the Kessel run in 12 parsecs".
He was played in the original Star Wars films by actor Harrison Ford, who is poised to reprise the role in the so-called "sequel trilogy", which begins with this year's Star Wars, Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
Because of the time period of the planned film, the role of Han Solo would obviously be recast.
It would most likely focus on Solo's acquisition of the Millennium Falcon, and the beginning of his friendship with the Falcoon's Wookie co-pilot Chewbacca.
It may also include a younger version of Lando Calrissian, whom Solo knew in his youth.
Another former smuggler, Calrissian was introduced in 1980's The Empire Strikes Back as a mining administrator and was played by Billy Dee Williams.
The standalone "origin story" for Han Solo is due in cinemas in 2018.
It will be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, the directing partnership behind 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie.
the script will be written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan.
The 66-year-old Lawrence Kasdan was the co-writer of the second and third original Star Wars trilogy films, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
thank you very much for creating this thread. it needed to be done.