Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Movies, TV and other video based media
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Star Wars Hype Train (SPOILERS - Beware!!!)

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:03 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:40 am Yeah I kinda think after the proper premier of the movie, it's open slather if you're dumb enough to come in here , but before that date... bit of a dick move.
The film had its proper premiere yesterday.
I agree it's a dick move. This thread should be about what Fourtheye readers think, rather than about trying to score internet points by pasting spoilers.

Once people have seen the movie, I encourage them to post their opinions freely with spoilers.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The whole plot was leaked 6 months ago.

It's Star Wars, if you don't want to be spoiled stay out of the Star Wars thread marked SPOILERS - Beware!!! a week before the official release.

So not such much of a dick move more of a moronic expectation.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My expectations are in check, I expected spoilers, and I expected morons. Got both.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

As always I see both sides. I mean on technicality , it's a dick move on my part to expect no spoilers in a thread called spoilers beware. I also think it's a bit of a dick move sharing the opening scroll without a heads up but on technicality, Tysons got the slam dunk here. I wouldn't do it myself and think it's a bit shit, but hey it says spoilers, so ya well within your rights to do so.

Now we can carry on and all start measuring our dick sizes , but seeing as though we all know I'll lose, can we all just agree to try not throw in blatant spoilers in here until people have had a few weeks to see it or Yeh nah?
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Now we can carry on and all start measuring our dick sizes , but seeing as though we all know I'll lose, can we all just agree to try not throw in blatant spoilers in here until people have had a few weeks to see it or Yeh nah?
Or now it's been (or in a few hours will be) released maybe avoid this thread until you've seen it?

I won't see it until it's on pirate sites as I haven't paid for a Star Wars film since Attack of the Clones.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Sure thing, can do.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The latest episode of The Mandalorian was the bees knees!
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Id love to engage in conversartion about it but some of us can't be trusted to not put spoilers up about the unreleased movie yet so ya know
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah that was awesome.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:13 am Id love to engage in conversartion about it but some of us can't be trusted to not put spoilers up about the unreleased movie yet so ya know
thanks! i havent watched the new Mando yet but have it ready to go for later on tonight.

Tyson. u seriously havent gone to a SW movie since AOTC ? that and Solo are the only two i havent seen in the theatre.

thinking of it now i guess ive seen every SW movie in the theatre other then those two. i didnt see ANH in theatres till 97 when the special editions came out. thats another lifetime ago looking back to 1997. geeze! the first movie i ever saw was ESB im pretty sure. i vaguely remember it but i remember the tauntaun Luke was on and my dad reacting to ''i am your father'' it must of been that, i was so young i didnt understand what was going on. what a trip!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah I saw the special editions in the theatre, then The Phantom Menace and then Attack of the Clones and after that I said, fuck this I'm out.

Still haven't seen Revenge of the Sith.

Anyway on all accounts it looks like the newest movie goes overboard trying to please Star Wars fans after the disaster of The Last Jedi.
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/star-w ... 0-6417383/

Disney has no one to blame but themselves. They clearly had no overarching plan where this trilogy was going and let Rian Johnson choose his own adventure with The Last Jedi. No wonder it's a mess, it's one massive deus ex machina after another.

Convoluted and boring. Preachy and SJW aspiring - like the dorky new kid in class who tries too hard and ends up friendless. It's a male hating 'woke' movie and check list of 21st century social, political and cultural concerns first and a Star Wars film second. Or third.

"Let's make a new Star Wars trilogy and everyone will love it just because Star Wars, especially if we let it pander to all the annoying do gooders in the Twitterverse...right?!?!?"

Wrong.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ha! ya, thats true in ways. Disney is known for that (its on new tv shows too sometimes). its so blatantly obvious and has nothing to do with the story. It sucks for sure and most people seem to say that,noot working!

Tyson - so now your saying u did see AOTC but not ROTS. stop trolling the forum! i dont follow you dude! ROTS is prob the best one of the prequels i guess. the story moves along a little too quickly when Anakins turning to the dark side. Everyone knows Lucas kind of lost his way by then. i still like them for what they are and always have. i thought Solo was more crap then good though.prob my least fav of them all but even that one has some good plot twists too it but not enough to save it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

How am I trolling?

I had the one two punch of The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones and I said to myself many years ago I am done with seeing this shit in the theatre and I've stayed true to my word.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ok. well u made it sound like u didnt see AOTC and then u did and said u didnt see ROTS. m/r! haha

go see it! doo it! ull have fun
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 am I watched The Last Jedi for free and wasn't impressed.

Where the fuck is the adventure, the awe, the Star Wars?

This always stuck with me for some reason. I thought it nailed it. Something about TLJ just didn't feel right.

My spoiler free review of Rise Of Skywalker. JJ brought the adventure, he brought the awe, he brought the star wars!. Was it perfect?... no... did he lean very heavily on fan service?... absolutely.... did I thoroughly enjoy it? Sure did!

Hope you all enjoy.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I enjoyed IX a lot!

Driver is by far best actor in all Star Wars movies. Excellent, again.

But Ridley finally nailed it. This time Rey was really cool as well.

Excellent pace in the movie.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Watched Mandalorian episode 7 now as well. And I understand why Disney wanted it to air early. Certain force power.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Went to see Rise of Skywalker this morning. My overall impression is that despite the mostly predictable plot points you could see a mile off, it was enjoyable and I thought much better than The Last Jedi.

A few points:
  • I thought the action sequences were generally great.
  • The first half of the movie was pretty good fun - didn't let up the entire time
  • Slowed down a bit in the middle, to the point where I started wishing they'd just get on with it
  • The ending and wrapping up of various plot points was ok
  • I though Rey being the granddaughter of Palpatine was a bit absurd, but whatever I guess. At least it's some explanation for her powers
  • The bit where all the Jedi responded to her call I thought was really cool
  • Glad that Chewie didn't die, I think I had something in my eye for a few minutes there
  • The thousands of ships that Lando rounded up in about 5 minutes was pretty silly, and that whole sub-plot somewhat pointless
  • What did Finn want to tell Rey? That he loved her? That he could feel the force too?
  • Far less cringeworthy jokes in the movie was a pleasant surprise (not to say it was without dumb humour though)
  • Overall I thought the whole Palpatine thing was pretty cool, the setting, the Sith "temple" was nice. The whole secretly making a huge fleet of planet killing Star Destroyers was a bit of a head scratcher though, but anyway
  • I think I saw a lesbian kiss there that will no doubt trigger Califum
It's no perfect movie by any means. On the fence on if I think it's better than TFA or not. I certainly prefer it over TLJ.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I thought we were gonna use spoiler tags in here for a bit but I guess now the movies out is fair game if you're coming in here.

Unless you actually see an important character die, odds are they usually won't be dead so wasn't too worried for chewie, but was still a moment of doubt for sure, going surely not?!

I agree with most of ya points , I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm pretty confident I liked it best out of the new trilogy. Will be going for round 2 soon. Loved it for what it was.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:29 pm I thought we were gonna use spoiler tags in here for a bit but I guess now the movies out is fair game if you're coming in here.
Nah, my objection was really only about posting spoilers to a movie that was not released yet, and the poster hadn't seen.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:03 pm
My overall impression is that despite the mostly predictable plot points you could see a mile off, it was enjoyable and I thought much better than The Last Jedi.

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm not interested in watching the video, but I have never said the story of The Last Jedi was anything other than rubbish.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Imagine wasting your time watching shit like that :lol:
Canned audience laughter