Movie/TV News

Movies, TV and other video based media
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

NYHCster said
Man Of Steel in 3D, epic.

Just saw it in IMAX 3D with my 9 year old.  I'm getting old, it was too fucking loud for me.  He loved it, I thought it was decent.

I thought my mind was playing tricks on me during the Pacific Rim trailer, was that Charley from It's Always Sunny?!?!

Yep, it was (comes in around :58).  Looks like a completely formulaic summer blockbuster, with great special effects.  I doubt I'll see it in the theater, but may put it in the queue.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan said

Yep, it was (comes in around :58).  Looks like a completely formulaic summer blockbuster, with great special effects.  I doubt I'll see it in the theater, but may put it in the queue.

I dunno.

I mean IT IS Guillermo Del Toro.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Pacific Rim looks pretty boring to me.  Been burnt by too many shitty Transformer movies to give a fuck about it.  I'll check it out when it comes out on DVD.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

@HB but you're comparing Michael Bay to Guillermo Del Toro, that's over-saturated cornyness to quality and substance. opposite ends of the spectrum. even though you do have giant robots, it's not even close
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

NYHCster said
@HB but you're comparing Michael Bay to Guillermo Del Toro, that's over-saturated cornyness to quality and substance. opposite ends of the spectrum. even though you do have giant robots, it's not even close

We'll see I supposed.  I just find it hard to get too excited about movies with giant robots.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy1975 said

NYHCster said

We'll see I supposed.  I just find it hard to get too excited about movies with giant robots.

Gotta agree with HB on this.  The trailer is where they pull out all the stops to get you anticipating the flick... and that shit was completely formulaic as I said above.  I do appreciate the differences between Bay and Del Toro, but what about that specific trailer do you find compelling?  I'd say it's a 90% chance of summer blockbuster fluffage.  After all, it's what the sheeple want.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan said

hellboy1975 said

NYHCster said

Gotta agree with HB on this.  The trailer is where they pull out all the stops to get you anticipating the flick... and that shit was completely formulaic as I said above.  I do appreciate the differences between Bay and Del Toro, but what about that specific trailer do you find compelling?  I'd say it's a 90% chance of summer blockbuster fluffage.  After all, it's what the sheeple want.

Honestly, there really isn't anything in the trailer that interests me, but I'm keeping an open mind because it is Del Toro. Besides keep in mind that the trailer is there to get people into the theater, and more people are probably going to go because of that trailer than one that interest us.

Even if this does suck, I will probably go and see the crossover with Godzilla if they make it.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Jax looks way out of place in a movie like that
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Nothing wrong with a summer blockbuster, just look at The Avengers & Star Trek: Into Darkness, nice fun films, I'd like to see some of you watch The Tree of Life. 
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Tyson said
Nothing wrong with a summer blockbuster, just look at The Avengers & Star Trek: Into Darkness, nice fun films, I'd like to see some of you watch The Tree of Life. 

I didn't say there was anything wrong with them did I?  I just mentioned that it looked very formulaic and I would probably not put up the money and effort to go to a theater to see it.  Although the two you referenced, I actually did see them in the theater and mostly enjoyed them.  They both piqued my interest more than Pacific Rim, mostly for the sentimental aspects, having grown up with that shit and all.

EDIT: Re: The Tree of Life - it's in my queue, I'll get back to you.

By the way, I don't think I've seen any discussion about Cloud Atlas on this thread (maybe I missed it?) Just saw that recently.  Any thoughts?  Long fucking movie with way too many twists, but decidedly not formulaic.  I wish I had first read the book, because I have a feeling it would have made more sense.  All in all though, I thought it was much better than most of the reviews I read after watching it.  
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson said

I loved the Tree Of Life, I was a little out of my mind at the time but I did. my favorite Mallick film is also my 2nd favorite war movie, A Thin Red Line. he's a madman.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tyson said

I've watched all of those movies - now what?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Side Effects on DVD

dark n fucked up.

you'll like it
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

bonebroke said
Side Effects on DVD

dark n fucked up.

you'll like it

I haven't seen that yet. I wanna face fuck Rooney Mara though.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

Tyson said

did you see "Thor"?? a lot of people slept on that movie. it was pretty good. Ray Stevenson, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard, Natlalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston & Idris Ilba. I know it's kind of a silly movie but the casting & production design was spot on. Bo Welch worked on most of Tim Burton's early movies, the feel for Asgard was eye opening. and that Aussie prick Chris Hemsworth even looks and sounds like Thor should. Kenneth Branagh did a good job. can't wait for the sequel.

::ducks the barrage of comic book geek hate::
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I have seen Thor.  Was pretty skeptical, as I'm not a fan of the character, but it turned out to be pretty good.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NYHCster said

hellboy1975 said

Tyson said

did you see "Thor"?? a lot of people slept on that movie. it was pretty good. Ray Stevenson, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard, Natlalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston & Idris Ilba. I know it's kind of a silly movie but the casting & production design was spot on. Bo Welch worked on most of Tim Burton's early movies, the feel for Asgard was eye opening. and that Aussie prick Chris Hemsworth even looks and sounds like Thor should. Kenneth Branagh did a good job. can't wait for the sequel.

I really, really, liked it. I hadn't had such fun at a movie at the cinema in a while.

There's a second one or something, isn't there? I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to movies.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said 
There's a second one or something, isn't there? I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to movies.

Yep

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

The Boss said

NYHCster said

hellboy1975 said

Tyson said

I really, really, liked it. I hadn't had such fun at a movie at the cinema in a while.

Oh, cool! Thanks dude.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

*Ahem*

Cloud Atlas, bitches?  Any thoughts.

Just re-watched some of Thor with my kid over the weekend.  He loved it.  I thought it was pretty good, and definitely agree with some of NYHCs points.  

How do you land on the Marvel vs DC thing, solely in terms of recent movie offerings?  There have been some hits and misses on both sides.  I'm typically in the Marvel camp, but I'm keeping an open mind.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

All this talk about Thor and not one, not even one slight mention of these?

You're all a bunch of fucking faggots

badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

GO SEE IT!  IT WAS AMAZING!....and my boys, TWDY, had a song in the movie!  I was so proud!

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan said
*Ahem*

Cloud Atlas, bitches?  Any thoughts.

Just re-watched some of Thor with my kid over the weekend.  He loved it.  I thought it was pretty good, and definitely agree with some of NYHCs points.  

How do you land on the Marvel vs DC thing, solely in terms of recent movie offerings?  There have been some hits and misses on both sides.  I'm typically in the Marvel camp, but I'm keeping an open mind.

I'm a Marvel guy for sure but the Christopher Nolan has me on the fence when it comes to the movies. Man Of Steel and The Dark Knight were ill.